Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    This is what is scratching my head. On their forums theres a thread in Server Status saying previous CBTs wouldn't be affected by level caps of any kind. So this Beta test isn't just for pre-orders. https://forums.wildstar-online.com/f...der-weekend-2/
    I may have to check my antivirus/firewall. IIRC i had to disable AVG to get through the login last time. Alas , i'm heading to bed now, work tomorrow =p Gonna try to fix it tomorrow.
    So you had Permanent Access? If no, you need to pre-order and you'll have a level cap of 20. If yes --> Did you have a Level 32+? If no, you have to pre-order, but you won't have a level cap. If yes, you don't have to pre-order and you don't have a level cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna see how this does in the first 1-3 months. If RIFT has taught me anything, conventional "wow-clone" mmos don't always do well. RIFT didn't have the best art either, I preferred wow much more. WildStar's art looks quite good, in the level of gw2 so I am kinda interested.

Kinda surpised that the 20 man raid bosses took like 1-3 minutes to beat (according to the beta videos).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    I'm gonna see how this does in the first 1-3 months. If RIFT has taught me anything, conventional "wow-clone" mmos don't always do well. RIFT didn't have the best art either, I preferred wow much more. WildStar's art looks quite good, in the level of gw2 so I am kinda interested.

Kinda surpised that the 20 man raid bosses took like 1-3 minutes to beat (according to the beta videos).
    Gonna call bs on this unless you're talking about the very 1st boss which also seems to be a wipefest for average groups.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

What beta videos have you seen where it only took 1-3 minutes? Every one of them I saw were at least 8minutes from what I remember. If it was only 1-3 minutes I'd assume they cut things out to shorten it.

Erm, Rift probably had the strongest first year and half of any MMO like ever, at least in terms of content/feature releases. The population remained pretty stable throughout, and the game saw massive expansions in terms of content the likes of which I don't think any other MMO has seen in a similar period of time.

If WildStar can deliver high quality content as quickly as Rift did, then the game will be in an extremely solid position.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKsiLhjtng

This one.

Also, forgive me. I made a mistake about RIFT. I meant it didn't do that well for me, didn't have a fond or solid time of it in the first month. Kinda hated it actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAKsiLhjtng

This one.

Also, forgive me. I made a mistake about RIFT. I meant it didn't do that well for me, didn't have a fond or solid time of it in the first month. Kinda hated it actually.
    hate to break it to you that was thrash. real 1st boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no2K8V1ZhwU
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

That is trash
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

RIFT didn't have the best art either, I preferred wow much more. WildStar's art looks quite good, in the level of gw2 so I am kinda interested.
    I find it interesting how many people love GW2's graphics/art style. I found it to be okay, mostly generic/unmemorable, and the lighting is frankly so bad I almost found it unplayable (it's jarringly unnatural looking, fluorescent, like the game world exists inside a giant Walmart).

I thought Rift was beautiful. I think ESO is beautiful. Logic would dictate that I prefer more realistic graphics/art (which is definitely true in terms of 'sunlight'), except I thought WoW was beautiful too. Tera is quite lovely as well, but less so from a zone-wide appeal standpoint and moreso from having elaborately designed details, something most other games seem to not focus on as much.

One person said they prefer how "colorful" GW2 is to more realistic looking games and I can understand that. Wildstar is definitely colorful, moreso than GW2 or WoW. I guess I don't place as much importance on that. Color is good to have, but it's a small part of what I find visually appealing in games.

Edit: FFXIV has one of the best aesthetics I've seen in terms of zone-wide appeal.
    Last edited by Lane; 2014-03-29 at 02:50 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Erm, Rift probably had the strongest first year and half of any MMO like ever, at least in terms of content/feature releases. The population remained pretty stable throughout, and the game saw massive expansions in terms of content the likes of which I don't think any other MMO has seen in a similar period of time.

If WildStar can deliver high quality content as quickly as Rift did, then the game will be in an extremely solid position.
    Rift had a pretty massive server merger within 4 months of launch. They went from like 60 servers in NA to 20 in literally 8 months. The population drop was pretty bad, the only reason they didn't have to go F2P as quickly as other games was because the initial investment in Rift was really low (50 million), and Rift made 100 million in revenue in 2011.

This will be the case for all MMOs, even WoW realized this and has their connected realms. I hope for WildStar's sake they are planning something like that, because if the aren't, they and the players have to deal with the added headache.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-03-29 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I find it interesting how many people love GW2's graphics/art style. I found it to be okay, mostly generic/unmemorable, and the lighting is frankly so bad I almost found it unplayable (it's jarringly unnatural looking, fluorescent, like the game world exists inside a giant Walmart).

I thought Rift was beautiful. I think ESO is beautiful. Logic would dictate that I prefer more realistic graphics/art (which is definitely true in terms of 'sunlight'), except I thought WoW was beautiful too. Tera is quite lovely as well, but less so from a zone-wide appeal standpoint and moreso from having elaborately designed details, something most other games seem to not focus on as much.

One person said they prefer how "colorful" GW2 is to more realistic looking games and I can understand that. Wildstar is definitely colorful, moreso than GW2 or WoW. I guess I don't place as much importance on that. Color is good to have, but it's a small part of what I find visually appealing in games.

Edit: FFXIV has one of the best aesthetics I've seen in terms of zone-wide appeal.
    I definately agree, FFXIV art style is really the creme of the crop, unfortunately for me, the gameplay is just too slow which turned me off.

Wildstar isn't the best looking mmo aesthetically for me, but for what it's trying to achieve I think it works for itself.

So what do you guys think....is Wildstar going to be a big success?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    1) No.
    2) Refer to your sig.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Is carbine publicly traded?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Is carbine publicly traded?
    No, they're a whole owned subsidiary of NCsoft. I believe NCsoft is publicly traded on the South Korean market, not sure about other markets.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I definately agree, FFXIV art style is really the creme of the crop, unfortunately for me, the gameplay is just too slow which turned me off.
    I liked a lot of what FFXIV had to offer, but the gameplay felt archaic and being quest cockblocked by dungeons was a huge no-no to me. I did everything there was to do up to there literally being nothing left until I ran a dungeon and quit, which was well before the initial 'free' month was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    Depends.

1) If they've finally addressed the EXP gains/leveling pacing then they will have far more success with early player retention. I sincerely believe keeping people interested past level 20 was going to be a big challenge of theirs because in beta a lot of people never even made it that far. Getting bored -- or in some cases burnt out -- before even level 20 in a new MMO is quite terrible.

2) They're going to need to cull basically all of their kill quests (which supposedly they're in the process of doing) because otherwise the game starts to feel very grindy. Sadly, even that isn't going to make the leveling process more interesting. This is the next big hurdle I see for them and they're going to have to hope people stick it out through a questing experience that is far too similar to what they were doing 7+ years ago in other MMOs.

3) Class balance has been arguably terrible throughout every phase of winter beta testing. This is only #3 on my list because I'm hoping they'll have 'figured it out' by the time the game goes live. (Wishful thinking.) However, if there are still circumstances of one class taking literally 4x as long to kill something as another (with all things being equal) that's not going to look good or go over well. People who really love a certain class but can't stand the ridiculous TTK likely aren't going to sub.

4) I think end game may end up biting them in the ass if they don't get something solo friendly in the mix ASAP. Near as I can tell, Carbine isn't trying to go for a niche market and most people aren't going to be interested in "raid or die" anymore.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    4) I think end game may end up biting them in the ass if they don't get something solo friendly in the mix ASAP. Near as I can tell, Carbine isn't trying to go for a niche market and most people aren't going to be interested in "raid or die" anymore.
    That was ultimately what made me decide not to buy it. I was planning to play both W* and ESO, but it seems Carbine's obsession with recapturing the "Vanilla WoW" feeling is discouraging the casual players, the game is clearly aimed at hardcore players only. I no longer have the time and will to step on the endless raiding treadmill.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Yes, TTK is horrible on some classes.
    I love Engineer but he feel so slow in comparison to Stalker, they got 2 months till release and I hope they gonna tweak this a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    hate to break it to you that was thrash. real 1st boss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no2K8V1ZhwU
    Always like it when people finally get hit by "that's not a boss fight, that's just trash" in this game. Not to mention the breeder is fairly easy to do once you know what to do, beyond that there's another step up the mini-bosses, the giant rhinosaurus that drops mushrooms all over the place, and if not interrupted it blows them all up and every telepgraph and every time you run over it it pops one as well.

It's pretty well done as every trash pack introduces you to the mechanics you can expect to see on an actual boss, been a long time since trash in any raid actually required a form of tactics.

There will be plenty of tears and complaints once people start doing veteran modes even, however unless recently adjusted, SoToS normal is going to be mighty fun for people to run.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tindr View Post
    Yes, TTK is horrible on some classes.
    I love Engineer but he feel so slow in comparison to Stalker, they got 2 months till release and I hope they gonna tweak this a little bit.
    Play an engineer as an engineer simply pull more mobs, Stalker dps has always been overtuned, i know because i've one at 50. Engineers did receive a boost in the last patch, as always class balancing is never done in any game, not even in WoW 10 years later.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xayon View Post
    Pretty sure if you had permanent access before but didn't reach level 32, you still need to pre-order to get access. However, they would then not have a level cap at 20. (Again, this is only if you had permanent beta access before)
    i haven't tried it myself, but from what i've read: anyone who previously had permanent beta access will still have access on these last weekends, but a previous 32+ character or preorder (either or both, of course) is needed to get rid of the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    hate to break it to you that was thrash.
    lol'd