15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    1) i think "90-95%" underestimates the loss of efficiency quite a bit.

2) i was also talking about pve in general, not only doing dps. healing especially relies on being able to hit as many targets at once as possible, and on hitting fast moving players.

3) keep in mind that the cases where you would switch it off are actually the ones where it would be 'needed' in the first place. manually hitting a single, un- or slow moving target is hardly a difficult thing to do, is it? and if it is a group of targets and/or moving to the point where aiming does become a challenge, then using auto-aim will severely cripple your ability to make good use of your telegraphs.

so yeah, sure, if you need an "aimbot" to hit a single, slow moving target, that option will help to improve your dps "without any effort". if that is not the case, it's usually not a good idea to rely on it at all.
    Yeah my concern was about DPS only, this thing doesn't work with healing.

Raid bosses usually are big, stationary, single target things. And it is usually the scenario where damage meters/dps even matters. In that scenario, aimbot really lowers the skillcap.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you think wildstar bosses are stationary and you can go and play a turret, you'll be proven wrong on the mini-boss.
    Auto target there and trigger things that explode when with your your telegraph. There's a big reason why espers all around wanted to trade in dps for mobility.

A guildie of mine posted this picture when he tried to explain to others what it felt like to be an esper dps in a raid.

It's no longer the case now if we look at the patch notes but its to add another confirmation that you think things are stationary, they aren't the whole game is based around movement, dodging and jumping over stuff on top of all the other mechanics going on.

Imbuements come in groups, So it's not 1 imbuement what you saw yesterday but close to 6 i believe on the first round of artifact weapons that a guidlie of mine digged up.

The first group is tied to doing veteran dungeon bosses in a certain way.
    The second is for the 40 man raids.
    Third one also for 40 man but different of nature more things you need to do rather than a group of people.
    4th to 6th are tied in with the quest.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    If you think wildstar bosses are stationary and you can go and play a turret, you'll be proven wrong on the mini-boss.
    Auto target there and trigger things that explode when with your your telegraph. There's a big reason why espers all around wanted to trade in dps for mobility.

A guildie of mine posted this picture when he tried to explain to others what it felt like to be an esper dps in a raid.

It's no longer the case now if we look at the patch notes but its to add another confirmation that you think things are stationary, they aren't the whole game is based around movement, dodging and jumping over stuff on top of all the other mechanics going on.

Imbuements come in groups, So it's not 1 imbuement what you saw yesterday but close to 6 i believe on the first round of artifact weapons that a guidlie of mine digged up.

The first group is tied to doing veteran dungeon bosses in a certain way.
    The second is for the 40 man raids.
    Third one also for 40 man but different of nature more things you need to do rather than a group of people.
    4th to 6th are tied in with the quest.
    Lol, yeah it sucks for espers sometimes. I did like how they do not need a line of sight to heal unlike other classes, I can see most people playing them as healers over DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I think their 80 man raid to unlock a single item for a single person idea was not such a great idea. It was funny when he announced it and zero reaction. Frost then asked like in an bad commerical "did you say 80 person raid?" and he repeated it - ZERO reaction from the people. Seems Carbines focus on pleasing the 5-10% hardcore raiders and leave the masses with sub par gear did not please the crowd. Blizzard learned that lesson a few years ago. Seems Carbine needs to repeate Blizzards mistakes to understand.
    I think this is great actually. Around this time, all the casuals have gotten their legendary cloaks and HC SoO gear, or Ordos equivalents. What did it take them? Nothing, just be ordinairy. The skilled players had dibs on gear, but that doesnt matter anymore since its pretty much equalized now. The way i see it, it's just an "extra" towards the 5% hardcore raiders. 95% will eventually walk around with a level 555 artifact. Some will go to the extend to upgrade it a few times (4%), but only the truly dedicated get all the upgrades done (1%).

Effort = reward, as it should be. Its about time they stopped handing out epics and legendaries to please whiny children that cba to put effort into anything. Thats how LFR, flying, and everything that made WoW bland and easy came to be.

"CBA to run to a dungeon and act like a nice person" > Heres LFD
    "CBA to learn my class and get gear to raid" > Heres LFR
    "CBA to venture into the world and fight mobs while finding herbs" > Heres flying
    "CBA to put effort into getting gear" > Heres valor epics
    "CBA grinding rep for something awesome" > Heres daily quests
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2014-04-12 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt you'll replace an artifact weapon soon even into the next tier. Even if that would be the case, they can be used in a costume slot.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I doubt you'll replace an artifact weapon soon even into the next tier. Even if that would be the case, they can be used in a costume slot.

I would certainly use them as costumes if they ever become obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    I think this is great actually. Around this time, all the casuals have gotten their legendary cloaks and HC SoO gear, or Ordos equivalents. What did it take them? Nothing, just be ordinairy. The skilled players had dibs on gear, but that doesnt matter anymore since its pretty much equalized now. The way i see it, it's just an "extra" towards the 5% hardcore raiders. 95% will eventually walk around with a level 555 artifact. Some will go to the extend to upgrade it a few times (4%), but only the truly dedicated get all the upgrades done (1%).

Effort = reward, as it should be. Its about time they stopped handing out epics and legendaries to please whiny children that cba to put effort into anything. Thats how LFR, flying, and everything that made WoW bland and easy came to be.

"CBA to run to a dungeon and act like a nice person" > Heres LFD
    "CBA to learn my class and get gear to raid" > Heres LFR
    "CBA to venture into the world and fight mobs while finding herbs" > Heres flying
    "CBA to put effort into getting gear" > Heres valor epics
    "CBA grinding rep for something awesome" > Heres daily quests
    It's not valid effort that's the issue, it's the logistics of organizing 80 people to down a piece of content for one person's benefit, half of said people likely not part of your raid team.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people still going on about the 80 man thing, it's not an 80 man raid. It's a 40 man but it's two 40 man encounters at once.

Also you wouldn't do it for just one person, you would get enough people with an artifact to make it worth doing. Since i've seen the achievements required i don't think anyone will be at that point to do just that final bit any time soon.

It's like doing both WoW heroic dungeon and raid achievements on heroic mode and than you just did the first 3 parts of the imbuement process.

Here to give you an idea of what the veteran dungeon one is like, seeing everyone is familiar with STL.

"Defeat Blade-Wind the Invoker on Veteran difficulty after causing every one of his Lightning Strikes to strike a Thundercall Channeler"

here's a raid one:

"Defeat Gloomclaw without anyone in the raid taking damage from Manifest Corruption"

There's 4 veteran mode ones to do and 8 raid ones, oh yeah and if you did all that you're half way
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2014-04-12 at 09:27 PM.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    In that scenario, aimbot really lowers the skillcap.
    only if you regard hitting a large, stationary target with a straight telegraph by manually aiming at it as something that needs "skill". which i find, quite frankly, rather laughable :P

using the word "aimbot" is by itself quite silly, as an aimbot is something that is used to hit in games where aiming takes a lot of practise and skill (to the point where even professional players will often miss) because it needs both pinpoint accuracy and split second reaction speed, often on targets that are far from the center of the screen (or even right behind the player) and have fast and unpredictable movement. none of these things i just mentioned are in the scenario you are describing.

if you are having trouble pointing your camera in the rough direction of a stationary target, you are in a small minority, and yes, the auto-aim will help. for everyone else though, it is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    I can see most people playing them as healers over DPS.
    agreed. espers seem to be designed mostly for people who have trouble getting used to wildstar's combat mechanics (or who simply dislike them) but as a result they also seem to have troubles keeping up with the other classes whenever these mechanics become crucial.

Deleted
    all the casuals have gotten HC SoO gear
    H: Garrosh Hellscream 802 (2.42%)

Totally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    H: Garrosh Hellscream 802 (2.42%)

Totally.
    And how does that disprove the fact that someone can be full HC SoO gear? You can get it just by farming the first 4 bosses on HC + Ordos + 3 bonus rolls. So yeah, totally.

Deleted
    And how does that disprove the fact that someone can be full HC SoO gear? You can get it just by farming the first 4 bosses on HC + Ordos + 3 bonus rolls. So yeah, totally.
    Ordos doens't drop HC SoO, get your facts straight, also first 4 bosses lack many weapons and specific trinkets that are major upgrades. Try again.

H: Sha of Pride 10333 (31.14%)

Out of 7 mln subs, 145k have killed 4 hc bosses.
    Last edited by mmoc67e7f8beac; 2014-04-12 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, ignore Shiift as he is just plain bitter and is exaggerating due to this. He knows damn right that Ordos only drops Warforged normal gear, and that you're not able to build your entire set from the first 4 bosses (even though there is quite a bit). The number for Normal Garrosh is still quite low, but respectable.

I believe I asked this earlier, but will ask again: has anyone found any items with imbuements on the dominion side, preferredly low level? As Acid was showing above, there is one that exists for the Exile side at level 20 and it'll definitely be a sought after weapon. The imbuements look quite interesting and I really enjoy their art. Since I'll be rolling Dominion, I'm hoping to get in on some of this.

What is everyone thinking for tradeskills? Because I'm torn on if I'll be going Warrior (my initial plan) or Medic (too damn fun), I'll going back and forth on armorsmithing (build myself a tanking set since SP gear was rare for the first dungeon, then sell the rest!) and technologist (quite useful at endgame, and good for money). It'd be really cool if they had imbuement armor/weapons through tradeskills as well.

Watched the PAX video. Some of the stuff seemed interesting and the Warplots video was pretty epic, but again what I got out of the panel is that Wildstar is focusing exclusively on the hardcore crowd only.

That elder game zone looked pretty hard. Are the zones soloable or do they require a group?
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyMutt View Post
    I know they have said they want stuff set for the harcores, but I have been getting the impression that there is a lot for the casuals as well.
    Well, Carbine keeps spouting that statistic that 60% of MMO gamers are solo/casual, but other than the Elder Gems mechanic, I don't see much else that supports that idea. Didn't they say most of their team efforts are spent on raids?

That's why I'm asking if the end game zones can be soloed or not, and if it's viable endgame alternative.

Also, is the gear you buy from Elder Gems on par with other end game gear?
    Last edited by corebit; 2014-04-13 at 05:13 AM.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    It is on par with what you have accomplished. Example: there is rare elder gem gear that you can buy, but not until you beat the end boss of the designated dungeon/adventure. There is also epic gear available that becomes unlocked once you achieve gold medal on designated dungeons/adventures, or kill the designated raid boss. You are not able to get epic gear ( from elder gem vendor) if you haven't done the associated task to unlock it.

Since I'm only 49, I cannot speak to the difficulty of the endgame zones. From the video, it does look like they could be done as a duo with a healer or a small group otherwise. There are also public events that will auto group you (or count as if you were) to participate in. I believe he said that there was 6 shiphands at max level for you to do. From what I can tell, it looks like an alright amount but they either need to up the difficulty of adventures a tad to make them on par with dungeons or come out with additional dungeons. There is also additional progression through imbuements where you must do certain tasks to better that piece of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    It is on par with what you have accomplished. Example: there is rare elder gem gear that you can buy, but not until you beat the end boss of the designated dungeon/adventure. There is also epic gear available that becomes unlocked once you achieve gold medal on designated dungeons/adventures, or kill the designated raid boss. You are not able to get epic gear ( from elder gem vendor) if you haven't done the associated task to unlock it.

Since I'm only 49, I cannot speak to the difficulty of the endgame zones. From the video, it does look like they could be done as a duo with a healer or a small group otherwise. There are also public events that will auto group you (or count as if you were) to participate in. I believe he said that there was 6 shiphands at max level for you to do. From what I can tell, it looks like an alright amount but they either need to up the difficulty of adventures a tad to make them on par with dungeons or come out with additional dungeons. There is also additional progression through imbuements where you must do certain tasks to better that piece of gear.
    Hmm...not liking that they are gating the gear behind and force you to do raid. If there were more raid difficulties in Wildstar, I would be OK with that, but they are adamant in having only one difficulty and the from the looks of it it will be very hard.

The devs are still being vague with the Elder Gems stuff and the end zones, I will wait until they put out more concrete information, but so far it looks there isn't a whole lot of stuff for casual types like me who are not keen on raiding or competitive PVP.
    - Keeper Annals

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, it looks like veteran dungeons, elder game zones, and imbuements for high level Pve without raiding.

Raiding is not incredibly difficult (can't speak of 40 mans but expect a steady progression versus brick wall). If you're able to move out of things, you're fine. From talking with people, it is equivalent to normal difficulty. Once you learn the mechanics, it's 6 minutes of rinse and repeat for a few fights with others adding additional phases. We'll have to see how much the damage Nerfs affect current raiding, but should be fine. From what I've been told, it's a good difficulty with it being hard but not cut your wrists hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lost track of Wildstar back around January or so, but I was in beta and messed around with a warrior(NDA lifted so I assume it's 'k to talk about this). Got to mid-30's or so(whatever the cap was, 34? 36?) but the combat just got stale for me, which is funny considering you basically do the same rotations or priority systems in WoW, yet WoW's combat doesn't get old. I noticed most classes have kind of the same deal going on. Well, most. Have a resource building ability, get resource, use resource, sometimes use it in specific scenarios like interrupt-stunning something and then using an ability that does more damage to a CC'd target, etc. Wash rinse and repeat.

Basically my question is, have they changed the classes around to where it either doesn't have that gets-old-after-a-while feeling or improved it to where it feels more satisfying to do? Maybe it's just me, Idunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it still has that feel - some people love it, others not so much. If you made it last 32, you still have beta access (when beta is up). Give it a try next weekend. At least you're in a good level range, most classes don't round out until 20's and the wuesting isn't too bad around that level either.