Alacrity and the GCD

As the title implies, I need to know how these two affect each other. Does alacrity actually lower the GCD? My main is an arsenal BH, so if I stack enough alac to get tracer down to a 1 second cast time (hypothetically), can I hit it every second or do I still have to wait 1.5 seconds? Also, how does it affect channeled skills like Unload and Death from Above? Will they still do the full damage, just in less time?

BTW, just found these forums and I'm loving them. Just didn't find a thread that addresses this issue specifically. Sorry if there is one out there, just don't have the time to look thru all the posts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Nimblehands View Post
    As the title implies, I need to know how these two affect each other. Does alacrity actually lower the GCD? My main is an arsenal BH, so if I stack enough alac to get tracer down to a 1 second cast time (hypothetically), can I hit it every second or do I still have to wait 1.5 seconds? Also, how does it affect channeled skills like Unload and Death from Above? Will they still do the full damage, just in less time?

BTW, just found these forums and I'm loving them. Just didn't find a thread that addresses this issue specifically. Sorry if there is one out there, just don't have the time to look thru all the posts.

Sorry to disappoint you but no. Alacrity does not effect the global cooldown. It doesn't either increase the regeneration of your force or energy. The only thing that is effected by alacrity is the casting and channelled skills.

I would expect this to change, as recently, a SWTOR dev said that they are thinking to change the way alacrity works as is nor very useful in it's current state.

It does effect your GCD on cast spells that cast faster than the GCD, such as tracer missile, so that any cast spell will only be limited by the cast time.

Would love to see Alacrity working for every Skill in the game, even instant melee ones. This would especially work out quite well the Jedi Knight classes.
    They also should change the "Auto Attacks" of the other classes to recharge some energy on use, maybe like 3-5 Energy for using flurry of bolts oder venting 8 Heat.

Um, so which is it? It does or does not affect GCD?

Deleted
    it DOESN'T.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    It does effect your GCD on cast spells that cast faster than the GCD, such as tracer missile, so that any cast spell will only be limited by the cast time.

that's interesting. Do you have proof? if that's true, I might change the stats of my healer