Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battlefield or CoD

I Might start playing one of these games but not sure whats the best. discuss please

Battlefield - If you want to Teamwork
    CoD - If you want to Solo

Imo Battlefield.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preffer the large scale battles and vehicles of battlefield. Feels like ur really waging a war.
    With CoD its more yust a regular shooter running around shooting people in a small enclosed space.

This is yust my opinion and im sure many will disagree

Having played botH (older versions) I must say that both games are quite awesome. If you are looking at the multiplayer aspect i think i prefer battlefield as well because of the vehicles, destruction and general fun factor of the game. COD is a bit more serious if u ask me and if you are having a bad day it is very frustratring. Battlefield can also be frustrating but there are more ways then just one to keep it still fun then.
    I dont play cod anymore atm, but still play a few hours of battlefield bad company 2 every week because its fun!

Came across this the other day, decision made! Wooooo! Also after playing the Alpha BF3 is a must!
    Vi veri veniversum vivus vici - By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

Deleted
    On PC - Battlefield 3, no contest

On Consoles - MW3 if you like fast paced FPS similar to Counterstrike; BF3 if you prefer a more immerse "warlike" experience which includes vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grelsha View Post
    This. Getting BF3 for the PC and MW3 for the Xbox.

Deleted
    BF3 for sure... loved the alpha, cod sucks (too much solo play, small maps / no real feeling of being in a warzone)

Deleted
    im getting both, BF3 for pc, MW3 for xbox
    i do prefer BF3 though, i love the massive fights with all the vehicles.

I am not a fan of FPSes at all, but in my experience, the playerbase of BF is better than of COD. What I mean by this is that in BF you get way less kids with really REALLY high pitched voices screaming in your ears.

Also, BF is really good for PC, so it does kinda depend on what console (is pc a console?) you are gonna play it on.

10+ Year Old Account
    CoD! imo at least. super fun

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    but in my experience, the playerbase of BF is better than of COD. What I mean by this is that in BF you get way less kids with really REALLY high pitched voices screaming in your ears.
    So so so true.

The last time I touched the garbage that is Call of Duty, was Modern Warfare 1, years ago, and my god, the amount of insane, high pitched, screaming, cursing, ignorant children that play this game, is well in the quadrillions.

Haven't had this problem at all with my history of online BF.

My favorite thing about Call of Duty is how you always meet "those" people (don't lie, this has happened to everyone, if it hasn't happened to you, you aren't a man/woman yet.) that find out that you play video games, or vice versa, then they repeat the ritual, "Ah cool you play video games? Yeah I'm a super hardcore gamer." In which you reply, "Ah sweet, what games do you play." And as it MUST go in this situation... they simply say... "Call of Duty.." /sigh...

Edit: Not to mention that there is an extremely high chance that this Call of Duty will be identical to every other Call of Duty... at least that's what the pattern has shown. I haven't looked up an ounce of info on this game.. so I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Majiteck; 2011-08-17 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow i am glad I found this thread. I must gt BF3 for my BF and I....BF3 sounds like a blast.

Thanks for starting this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osyrus View Post
    wow i am glad I found this thread. I must gt BF3 for my BF and I....BF3 sounds like a blast.

Thanks for starting this!
    #

sounds like a blast? watch the trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tZmU...layer_embedded

Personally, I'll be getting both eventually. But the first one I'm getting? Definitely BF3.

This video is part of the reason why I'd pick BF3 first any day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC9-5...&feature=feedu
    And I just now realized the guy a few posts above posted this aswell, but the trailer is worth linking twice.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

CoD has commited to console. Thus it's pc gameplay is WAY too sloppy (mouse-lag etc). Battlefield is a lot more fun right now and BF3 looks amazing.

Deleted
    Getting both but will prefer BF3 I love tanks to much

i'll probably buy bf3 for ps3 (my pc isn't strong enough) but I'm a little concerned because i read that bf3 on consoles will run at 30 fps (frames per second, not first person shooter). I fear this might lead to the game looking/playing less smoothly.
    Last edited by dense; 2011-08-17 at 12:16 PM.