If Archimonde wasn't destroyed during the final battle in wc3

Say Malfurion had a heart attack and dies right before he summons the wisps, allowing Archimonde to live through the final battle in wc3.

Would the Night Elf, Alliance, and Horde be able to stop him than?
    Would the Lich King and the Scourge still betray Archimonde and the Burning Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by British Bulldog View Post
    Say Malfurion had a heart attack and dies right before he summons the wisps, allowing Archimonde to live through the final battle in wc3.

Would the Lich King and the Scourge still betray Archimonde and the Burning Legion?
    I don't think much existence would be left. Nordrassil held such powers that Archimonde thought he could rival Sargeras with them. He may have been overestimating it, but there's no doubt he could have snuffed the races of Azeroth out.

No and yes but the chance that the scourge would succeed is very slim.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    well if Archimonde managed to drain the power of the World Tree he would have powers that would rivial the Dark Titan himself
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Those wisps were Azeroth's last hope as far as Archimonde was concerned. If they failed there practically wouldn't have been an Azeroth left.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    No and yes but the chance that the scourge would succeed is very slim.
    I disagree with that. Ner'zhul was very calculating. If he didn't see his chance at a successful victory he wouldn't have gone for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if Archimonde drains the power of the World Tree your gonna have a bad time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acnoctus View Post
    Those wisps were Azeroth's last hope as far as Archimonde was concerned. If they failed there wouldn't have been an Azeroth left.

I disagree with that. Ner'zhul was very calculating. If he didn't see his chance at a successful victory he wouldn't have gone for it.
    I'm not sure that he'd have much of a choice. The Burning Legion had already considered the Lich King a loose end, that's why they took control of the Scourge in Kalimdor upon arrival.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    I'm not sure that he'd have much of a choice. The Burning Legion had already considered the Lich King a loose end
    ai, Nerzhul already guessed that as soon as the Scourge's purpose was accomplished, the Legion would just destroy him
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Azeroth's two biggest heavyweights Thrall and Jaina were a lot weaker back then to stand up to Arch. So it would be a one sided ROFLSTOMP.

Azeroth wouldn't survive a World Tree-empowered Archimonde

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    He could level a city with a spell without being empowered by Nordrassil. Nothing could stop him short of the Pantheon. He would kill everything on Azeroth, destroy the scourge and the Lich King, and the planet would be a dead, burning cinder devoid of anything but perhaps old Gods.
    Now wouldnt that be better than what we have now?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Now wouldnt that be better than what we have now?
    Deathwing only did some small shit here and there with his reemergence, powered up Archimonde would turn Azeroth into Outland v2.0

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Deathwing only did some small shit here and there with his reemergence
    Deathwing's explosive entrance into Azeroth was anytning but small

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Deathwing only did some small shit here and there with his reemergence, powered up Archimonde would turn Azeroth into Outland v2.0
    As I said, better.

Probably no on both accounts.

Since the order of events before Archimonde's destruction is basically him destroying the majority of the forces of Jaina's Humans, Thrall's Horde, and the Night Elves.

And I have a strong feeling that once their portals are established, the Scourge would stand no chance against the Legion. Also I have a feeling Arthas would not have made it to Northrend to combine with Ner'zhul, and the Lich King wouldn't be anywhere near as strong as he was in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Deathwing's explosive entrance into Azeroth was anytning but small
    Compared to destruction of Outland and destruction of Azeroth by powered up Archimonde his explosive entrance is small

No Azeroth would be a hell hole and the Old Gods would be freed and do w/e they are planning.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

game over. He takes over the Legion as full leader, currupts and recruits whatever azerothian races he wants, finds bigger power sources on azeroth and eats them with less trouble. Wipes out the rest and turns azeroth into a husk. Deals with old gods in a long battle of attrition (or just obliterate the whole planet once its of no value) while heading off to deal with other planets.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMHO Azeroth would not survive Archimonde period.

Had he not been killed by the World Tree exploding, he would have to on to destroy the whole of Azeroth. He flatted Dalaran by waving his hand for heaven sakes. Who is going to stop him?

LK would no doubt try to "run", but would never openly defy the Legion if someone as powerful as Archimonde was around.

As for Sargeras ... If I'm right, the combined might of the Legion pales in comparison to his power. If Sargeras sets foot on Azeroth, it's pretty much game over.