Quote Originally Posted by kronpas View Post
    The next DLC includes completely in-door maps. Imagine the horror of 16 players (max number for these maps) spamming M320/RPG/C4 around with unlimited ammo. I will be skipping it also. Arty hopefully comes in the DLC after it.
    Good lord how dumb, lmao. Well I'm not surprised that EA Is trying to lure COD players over. Everyone should've been expecting this.

Deleted
    Yeah, this DLC is not for me. Give me open, outdoor maps with vehicles. Being on console, I'd love a remake of BFBC2 maps like Valparaiso, Port Valdez and Oasis. Those are the perfect size for 24 players.

I'm hoping for DICE to realize the price for fragmenting their user base. No game ever comes out of it well, even strategy games like Shogun 2 have to resort to stand alone expansions where standard version owners can play against expansion owners in multiplayer match.

Talking about BF3 vs MW3 reminds me of this..LOL

*snip*

Yeah, lets not start the MW3 vs BF3 arguments again. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-20 at 06:30 AM.

Although some of them were dumb, (and I like both BF3 and MW3 for different things) the teamplay thing for MW3 was hilarious.

I don't know why showing a hacked lobby for the knifing thing was funny, but w/e.

Deleted
    wtf have they done to the servers on xbox?

edit: some more info;

basically all me and my friend play is hardcore conquest... but with EAs genius changes that is now not possible. for 1 searching for hardcore conquest only brings up about 5servers, secondly they put the shit new maps in with the old ones on most servers (we dont ahve map map), and now mixed all the game types into one, so we join a server playing conquest, and the game after with be team deathmatch or something.
    sure, do it to some of the servers but its impossible to just play hardcore conquest now :\
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2012-03-22 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some guy claimed I was using hacks last night, because I shot him from 1000yd at Operation Firestorm. I can seriously kill people who are on the mountain at RU side I believe with my eyes closed. They're all at the same spot 24/7 :3

Needless to say we all laughed at him as I killed him over and over again.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Some guy claimed I was using hacks last night, because I shot him from 1000yd at Operation Firestorm. I can seriously kill people who are on the mountain at RU side I believe with my eyes closed. They're all at the same spot 24/7 :3

Needless to say we all laughed at him as I killed him over and over again.
    Bad players usually calling others cheater when they get beated nowadays.

1990: When you get beated, you say "wow good fight mate!"

2000: When you get beated, you say "damn you are lucky today"(or screaming "it was lotto!")

2010: When you get beated, you say "fucking cheaters hackers your mom should go die"

I know its indeed sad.

Man, I really need to start using mouse and keyboard. I have to have an amazing amount of focus to actually get kills with my Xbox controller.

Deleted
    would be cool if there was a replay/theatre mode on bfield

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Man, I really need to start using mouse and keyboard. I have to have an amazing amount of focus to actually get kills with my Xbox controller.
    you use xbox controller for pc version? why? :P controller is pretty good for flying stuff, but not for infantry imo :\

BF3 performance question

Running:
    Phenom II x6 1100t
    CF 6950 Twin Frozr
    12GB Ram

I played BF extensively when it came out, got 90-100 FPS, about 80-70ish when using Fraps, on High/Ultra settings and well over 100 in confined spaces like the tunnels in Operation Metro.

I come back just now, after months of not playing and I damn near have to turn things down to medium to get a stable 70FPS sometimes dropping to 30 FPS when using Fraps(newest version btw, 3.4.7). Turning off things I never had to turn off etc etc.

Did some terrible patch do this?

Because it's not my hardware. I have no problems in other games, like Tera Online, Metro 2033 and some MMO beta's that I've been in.

Any tips or info about this would be appreciated. Maybe there's some magical config file I need to change or something due to a recent patch..anything will be appreciated.

TYIA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post

2000: When you get beated, you say "damn you are lucky today"(or screaming "it was lotto!")

2010: When you get beated, you say "fucking cheaters hackers your mom should go die"

I know its indeed sad.
    True story, honestly. Though it rather began between 2005 - 2010 with the hackusations.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 09:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Running:
    Phenom II x6 1100t
    CF 6950 Twin Frozr
    12GB Ram

I played BF extensively when it came out, got 90-100 FPS, about 80-70ish when using Fraps, on High/Ultra settings and well over 100 in confined spaces like the tunnels in Operation Metro.

I come back just now, after months of not playing and I damn near have to turn things down to medium to get a stable 70FPS sometimes dropping to 30 FPS when using Fraps(newest version btw, 3.4.7). Turning off things I never had to turn off etc etc.

Did some terrible patch do this?

Because it's not my hardware. I have no problems in other games, like Tera Online, Metro 2033 and some MMO beta's that I've been in.

Any tips or info about this would be appreciated. Maybe there's some magical config file I need to change or something due to a recent patch..anything will be appreciated.

TYIA
    Updated your Graphic Drivers? Or reverted to previous version incase the new version is playing up your performance?
    -K

I freaking love this game, even though I still suck at flying jets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavonicus View Post
    I freaking love this game, even though I still suck at flying jets.
    You get used to it, and it gets easier with upgrades, try making sound effects, its hilarious and helped me

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    You get used to it, and it gets easier with upgrades, try making sound effects, its hilarious and helped me
    Put on some Frank Stallone, usually helps me.

New patch has been deployed to the PS3. PC will be patched tomorrow. There are many significant changes.

Twitter image giving date of release:
    http://img.paronity.com/FNuC

List of changes (ignore the confrontational thread title)
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4347949861390/

List of undocumented changes:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3...rtised_changes

Video explaining in detail the changes (for the PS3 but many of these changes STILL apply to the upcoming PC update)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-YxULTO0SC8

Biggest groundbreaking change to the game? JEEP HORNS! HELL YEAH!
    I'm still thinking about it...

About damn time for horns on jeeps. I can't wait to start honking nonstop at stupid tanks and people who get In my way!

Little video I made on how awesome the defib is!
    "And I looked and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto him over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post

I know its indeed sad.
    Lol that's totally wrong man, CS and even Quake have always had people shouting that your using map hacks or shooting through walls :P

Deleted
    Hooray. The patch is now live! Rejoice, fellow pc gamers.