Second Paladin DPS spec?

Druids have Feral DPS and Feral Tank, which works fairly well. Sure, a tank can go kitty and DPS, but he won't equal a real kitty and in the same way a kitty going bear won't be very effective.

It occurred to me while I lamented the fact that I wanted to DPS, but disliked Ret's reliance on RNG procs. If one talent tree (feral druid) can have multiple specs, why can't we paladins have that too in their holy tree?

Of course I am talking about a shockadin. It would be fairly simple to do, requiring very few added talents. For example:

Holy Fury: Healing reduced by 50%, holy damage increased by 50% and additional threat component removed.

Holy Spear: Deals holy damage based on spell power and holy power.

Mastery would need to be changed depending on whether you had Holy Fury active or not. Perhaps giving a percentage of Holy Spears damage as a short duration DoT effect based on rating etc.

Obviously those names suck and would its only a very bare bones idea without any real thought of balance, but I for one would love a return of shockadin.

Ideas? Comments? Questions of my parentage?
    Last edited by Sandraudiga; 2011-08-18 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Removing accidental smiley

I like diversity but honestly I doubt Blizzard would be welcoming to designing more gear for a class with 3 sets already :S

Of course, i'm under no illusion about the chances of this ever happening, though they wouldn't really need to alter the gear at all. If this did magically poof into being it is already covered. Spirit --> Hit talent covered the hit requirement. In my head its kind of like sub rogues, slightly lower damage with high finisher. That way they could just alter the mastery to make it all fit. The haste/crit rating is already on the gear, and choose spirit pieces to hit the hit cap would be easy to do. Mastery would need to be fairly well designed, perhaps a Smaller dot component and increased crit chance to fit the whole low but steady dmg with a good finisher idea.

---------- Post added 2011-08-18 at 12:02 PM ----------

Hmm... but yeah, the set bonus's from tier gear would be a solid problem. Oh well, in a perfect world... lol

Deleted
    I think they should make the existing 3 Speccs work properly(Ret is just awful) before adding a Main 4th spec

I agree, I just think the chances of that happening are similar to the chances of blizzard saying "Hey, that Sand fellow is amazing, lets go with his idea".

I came back to wow fully keen on dropping MS tank since early wotlk to MS ret, but the gave it up after a week or so. So many times watching my white swings due to lack of procs. Wotlk was easy mode, but this is "sit back and watch tv while waiting for your CS to come off CD" mode. Sure, when you are lucky for procs it isn't bad, but relying on luck isn't good design imo.

Deleted
    you can already sortof do damg as holy -> holy shock->crusader strike->holy wrath -> exorcism with glyph-> judge -> Crusader -> holy shock->exor, basically casting holy shock and crusader on cooldown using exorcisms and holy wraths to fill the gaps all the while melleing with a 2h to maximise crusader damg+white with seal of truth active for the dot as the dot gains from spellpower and haste. it's crappy damg and you have to switch back to insight for mana but jugling seals to keep mana up should come easily to any pally who did classic/tbc