Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Post your favorite game glitches.

That has to be one of my all time favorites. I love the troll physics in that game. =P
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

MissingNo

He was a cool glitch pokemon, got me infinite rare candies, then evolved into a Kangaskan(I think).
    A little while after he destroyed my save file and broke my Blue Version.

I hate MissingNo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlegear View Post
    MissingNo

He was a cool glitch pokemon, got me infinite rare candies, then evolved into a Kangaskan(I think).

I hate MissingNo.
    Was something to do with Cinnabar Island.

I can't remember how you did it exactly but you could get 99 masterballs with it.....

How did I even learn that... there was no internet then :P

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post

I can't remember how you did it exactly but you could get 99 masterballs with it.....

It was like a legend. Every trainer knew of it, back in the day.

Deleted

When you were a kid and everyone had gameboys...
    This phrase should take you back.

"Who brought the Game Genie?"

Ahhh MissingNo. Everyone knew it was a corrupt file in Pokemon not an actual secret Pokemon. Still every kid wanted it. And every kid cried once their file got corrupted XD
    Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    or the mystical third option, which involves handcuffs and lubricant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I seriously think some people picture the higher ups at Blizzard as a group of guys in suits sitting around an office wearing giant hats made out of $100 bills and smoking giant cigars rolled out of $100 bills saying to each other "How can we piss off out players this week? Muhahahahaha!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Haha OP that video made me laugh so hard I nearly woke my girlfriend. I actually have (or had, I'd better go check) that game, forgot how funny it was ;D

I loved the missing no glitch, never caught him but loved the infinite items

My favorite game glitch though is:

Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Not really a glitch, but the hidden things in the SMB games, like going behind walls or above levels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzlegear View Post
    MissingNo

I hate MissingNo.
    Let`s not talk about MissingNo, after 2 copies of Red and Blue....You can guess what some of us Poke trainers went through :S

Forgot to say, something similiar happened in yellow didn`t it? a ghost of some sort. It could have been Silver or gold, can`t remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I loved the missing no glitch, never caught him but loved the infinite items

My favorite game glitch though is:
    That reminds me. In brawl on the Green Greens stage you could get white Pikmin to bug on those blocks that fall from the sky. If you threw them just right, they would float there forever and damage anything that came near. If you got 6 pikmin glitched at once and ran into them, the game would crash. Fun times.

yes there was but it sucked ass.

I remember printing off codes at the library for my game genie for red and blue wayyyyyyy back when.

Gota say though my fav was SuperJumping in halo 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of those skateboard things weren't really glitches, they were mostly physics that are just weird.

But I will admit that the one where the black guy just shoots off into space is for sure something weird and probably a glitch.

My favorite ones are honestly the non-gamebreaking ones in Oblivion and Morrowind. I've had some weird crap happen for no reason. One I had a guard whose horse was always in a jumping animation so it just floated everywhere.

I had another one where the town I was in just out of nowhere started killing each other. Guards and villagers just all out killing each other. I have NO idea what made this happen. My only clue was that I was a vampire and getting hurt by the sun, so ... possibly... I don't know. Villagers got mad at guards for it. I dunno, it was intense

Back in morrowind in the big city expansion, no idea what its called.

The one outsider guard with shiny armor was stuck in the ground on every character i had. First time i seen him, i walked up to talk to him and only his head was out of the ground and he said "I do not want company! Go away!" Made me laugh.

And MissingNo. was fun. My hunter in warcraft has all of his pets named after pokemon, and since sporebats are the best pet, i decided to name it MissingNo.

I enjoyed the unlimited stacking potions in morrowind.

Although it sucked when i got my speed insanely high and i would tap a button and have to go through several loading screens

Deleted

Speak to the guy who teaches you to catch pokemon, fly to cinnibar island, surf on the right hand side up and down untill you encounter missingNo. The 6th item in your bag was multiplied alot. All from memory, i did it a lot /shame

I loved the fact that everyone had their own special way of getting the "pokeball to always work", just have to press up and a then b on the second bounce...worst thing is i still do that on pokemon white automatically everytime i try to catch a pokemon.

Best was jump-climbing/exploration in vanilla WoW. So many places we discovered
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Some odd stuff in Mario 64.

If you got all 120 stars, you could launch from the cannon outside the castle onto the roof and talk to Yoshi, right? .. but .. if you got wings then launched you could go up to a higher level on the top steeple, do a little jumping, and find a place where the wall "boundary" did not exist and fall inside the castle, in a spot you were not allowed to go. You would be on the wrong side of the doors, and if you went throw them the wrong way from the "outside" map, you would appear on the wrong side of the "inside" castle version. Very weird.

Also inside, there were some spots on stairways where you can jump through walls to other rooms (nothing special, just unintended shortcuts). The graphics would be sort of messed up until you went all the way through walls to adjacent rooms.

MissingNo, because MissingNo; also, MissingNo.

Especially with the Kangaskhan thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Best was jump-climbing/exploration in vanilla WoW. So many places we discovered
    Agreed. Finding your way to the "bottom" of Stormwind was interesting. You could mount up and run straight to Burning Steppes. Or drop in some hole you couldn't see and die from fall damage lol.