Poll: Did you like Amnesia?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Amnesia: The Dark Descent

So, things have quieted about this game lately, but how many people have played it so far? And what were your thoughts about it?

I've actually decided to try to get through it, and I'm going to stream it too. So, if you haven't played this game yet, come watch! http://www.twitch.tv/schrei205

played it, didnt think it was scary at all, but it was a rlly good game
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

It's a good game. One of those pojects that show you don't need alot to make somthing grand.

A good comparison would be portal, it was basically a side game to play with HL, and it was fantastic. Now it has its own sequel as a real game.

While I don't think Amnesia could have a true sequel, no room for one, that doesn't mean the same people can't use the same tactics to make a new scary game.

As for its overall scare factor, it wasn't like OMG craped mah pants, it gave an eerie feel whenever you walked around in a dark empty castle. Only real problem was that the scariness dropped towards the end of the game, it made the enemies more of a normal thing rather then an event meant to frighten you but not really threaten.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Amazing game experience, oh god i can't remember how many times i have to change my underwear. Headphone with high volume setting, play in dark, too many pausing...god if they could remove pause i would more likelyto unplug cpu.

Deleted
    haven't played, i am thinking about getting it, but since i am a coward i am scared ill just shit mah pants D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Still haven't beaten it... too scurr'd.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Played it, loved it, beat it, scared the shit out of me.

Have a lot of buddies that are those typical, "Must be manly", kind of people. (ugh) Always saying it wouldn't scare them. They only watched me play, and I swear as I was running from one of those.. things, I turned around to close the door, BAHJWAHWHAW, right in my face.

I have never heard more men scream like little girls than that day. Fun times.

Played up to the part past dreaded flooded basement where you get to the elevator-thing.

I got confused and quickly fell into boredom. I didn't feel immersed and I didn't feel the chills that I was expecting. Just isn't my kind of horror/thrill game I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted
    I liked it, but it scarred me like nothing before T_T

Played the first 15 minutes and ran like a lil girl.

Excellent game, totally worth playing. Not that long, but concentrated on story and exploring + action - awesome.
    Scared the shit out of me =/
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

My limit for scary games is the original Devil May Cry. Anything scarier than that, and I won't play it. I can hardly sit through playthroughs of Amnesia, I think I'd crap myself if I actually played it. I get scared by Resident Evil 5. If I did a full playthrough of Amnesia I'd probably need therapy or something. I think a lot of the fear factor for the game comes from a sense of helplessness. The atmosphere certainly makes it more scary, but if you had a means of fighting back, it wouldn't matter nearly as much. For example, I wouldn't be afraid at all of playing through the game as Master Chief, Dante, or Goku. Monsters that are faster than you, can break through any obstacles, are unkillable, and can basically one hit kill you, would make me sweat in any game. Daniel, you have balls of steel but you're useless in a fight!
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2011-08-19 at 04:07 PM.

Deleted
    Actually haven't finished it yet but I played a fair bit of it. Do yourself a favor and play in a not so bright room with headphones, decent sound level and no music on the side. It really scared me from time to time but I still enjoyed the game. It has a really intense feel to it and it is very well made.

Prepare to have your manhood diminished

Deleted
    Free download or do you have to buy it?

I played it, beat it and enjoyed it a lot.

But to be honest, it wasn't that scary after the first 45 minutes or so, for me at least.

It had incredible atmosphere and ambiance though, I'll give it that.

i wasnt ever so scared in my whole life. every second was a nightmare. especially in the prison Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to play it the way it asks you to at the very beginning. Then it is very scary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it, not scary at all.

Deleted
    Played it, quit the game at Storage.

Played it, not scary at all.
    Sociopath?