Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyson View Post
    Couldnt of said it any better my self
    Then you both have said it very poorly.

The lore, whether you realize it or not, is what drives your raiding content, your stuff to kill, although not so much your pvp content. If there wasn't any decent lore around, we'd truly be running into evil barnyard of N'zoth slaying his evil tentacle chickens. People would be pissed, everyone would find it ridiculous and the game would fall apart (or fall apart even faster according to some naysayers).

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind to have some Furbolg dungeon related only to quest chain in Winterspring for example. Actually, most vanilla dungeons was done liek this, right?

Don't care about lore, after wiping to heroic LK for 3 months I still haven't remembered his speech.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    if this was the case, you may as well be fighting a giant cube, no model skin, and no reason to go kill him. the whole game relys on lore to give you a reason to go do stuff.
    I think dropping purple stuff is more than enough reason for most of us :P

---------- Post added 2011-08-19 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pallyson View Post
    i guess I also forgot about them bringing random people back to life. how many more times am I going to have to kill Onixya?
    Blackwing descent was merely a set back!
    Last edited by mmoc79d521e3a8; 2011-08-19 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    For me the lore/story is one of the most interesting/enjoyable bits of WoW. That said i don't mind tweaks to the existing lore to ensure something accuretly fits and makes sense or if blizz just wasn't happy with the way it used to be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    Since this is an RPG lore is required to create content. Blizzard can't just do something like:

Blizzard: "Hey guys, we created a new dungeon with some chickens to kill!"
    Player: "Hell yeh, gonna fry some chickens with fireballs!!! By the way, what have they done?"
    Blizzard: "No reason, just go kill them for the loot!!!"
    Player: "But shouldn't I have a reason to go kill so many?"
    Blizzard: "Fine, the ate Malfurion Corn! Evil chickens!!!"
    Player: "OK"

Remember, RPG isn't a FPS so you can't just give player a new map somewhere to defend some flag or destruct some buildings just for fun.
    That doesnt sound to bad tbh

Lore and quantity of raid content have nothing to do with each other. One does not limit the other.

If Blizz wanted to put out more raid content, then they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Traigor View Post
    it just requires a WC4 to add some story, accordin to what u sayin, since we r pretty much done with lore atm =P
    Why do they need a new game to create lore? What part of WoW makes it so that they cannot create new characters, villians, allies, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would as I personally don't give a hoot about Lore. Never followed it.
    2 girls 1 cup is the most disgusting thing I've seen 8 times

Your getting stuck on the chikens to much. What I'm saying Blizzard could just make up random bosses that havnt existed in any timeline,book,game...lore. Kill him and u dont worry about losing a leader. And tbh the only reason I know about deathwing and want to kill him is because of the trailor and the badass stuff he'll drop
    live hard and die free

We've sacrificed Lore and Content for subscriber count.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Were lore a limiting resource, yes.

It isn't though, the only limiting resource in Blizzard's content trickle is the rate at which competing MMOs launch.
    I agree. Blizzard can retcon pretty much any dungeon setting or boss into the existing lore with much less effort than it takes to actually design encounters and mechanics. The real problem is actually generating the content, not fitting it into the lore/broader narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically you want more stuff like Baradin Hold.

Narrative is important to any game, but gameplay and content should always come first

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Basically you want more stuff like Baradin Hold.
    Yeah but with more of a challenge then 2 abilites to watch out for
    live hard and die free

they've done said to hell with lore anyway (pandas next possible xpac, really), so yea, more raids, gogo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would, IMO Lore is about a good story driven experience. When raiding I've never felt any story driven experience. The best part about raiding is the accomplishment of downing a boss with your friends.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The lore in this game is a joke and stopped making any bit of sense after you know, classic. Most of the people that RP make up better stories than blizzard has in regards to Wrath and Cata combined. Blizzard wants money, and if it means they can get way more just making dungeons and raids and scrapping lore entirely, they will do it, but it hasn't happened yet.

Deleted
    I dont want them to destroy the lore, but for example make something out of the blue! The lore doesnt crash an we have something fresh!

Back in vanilla I didnt know much about the lore, there was just monsters that needed a killing.