Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinen View Post
    The only way to make wow better for everyone (yes, for everyone) is to wipe your memory out as you log in. Totally amazing feeling every day, I tell you. Did I win?
    Damn now I want this lol. I had to go for a month or two without wow cause of funding, so I dumbed down back to my old runescape account. the feelign coming back to wow was incredible, I loved the graphics, it felt amazing. Wish I coudl have it every day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Histidine View Post
    WoW is great.
    Not sure what game people are playing; I love the way things are.
    What bosses will be in the Deathwing Raid?
    Quote Originally Posted by MauroDiogo View Post
    Leg 1, Leg 2, Hind Legs is a duo boss fight, Wings, Tail, Head and last Heroic mode only boss is his Chin. Totally optional and only for those hardcore enough. It's jaw dropping!

A Time Machine.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the game, it's very enjoyable, and it's hard to run out of things to do =)

I think people are just getting bored of the game because they've been playing for 3+ years and want something new and exciting, only to be bored of it a week after. If I remember right people were posting here asking for new content less than a week after 4.2 release, as if they had finished the entire daily storyline and killed heroic Rag in that amount of time >.> I just hope Blizz starts following their own plans than incorporating their entire community into it.

Agreed, no doubt that you don't understand how challenging it is to deliver the game plus step up with graphics all at once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    This is the reason that Blizzard really shouldn't listen to their community. The community for the most part has absolutely no clue what it is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirus View Post
    Say bye to decent content patches then.
    Like those are super awesome as of late :P
    F2P... 2013 lol!

I think the biggest reason many players are starting to enjoy WoW less and less is the simple fact that its the same game they've been playing for over six years.

Yes, there have been many awesome updates. Yes, the game is much more balanced, stable, and polished than it was before.

Does it still have that sense of wonder that I felt leveling my priest through Arathi Highlands, or the first time I stepped into Outlands? Not a chance.

If you're enjoying yourself less, I think the best thing you can do is just quit and maybe come back in a year. After time, it'll feel fresh again, and you'll probably enjoy yourself more than if you'd stayed subbing the entire time. That's my plan: quit, go enjoy ToR, go play more single player games in general, and see where things are at in a year.

For all we know the next expansion could recapture that sense of awe that has been missing (for me) from this expansion and I might love it all over again.

Deleted
    1. lose subscribers
    2. get them back
    3. ???
    4.wow is great again.

So yeah, they're working on it, but it'll take a few years 'till step 1 is complete...

Some great things to think about on there, I love the idea of dungeons scaling with your gear, and more than two difficulty settings. That would help loads to stop things feeling like a grind. Solo dungeons would also be cool, for practicing strategies and just something to do when you're bored and can't find a tank / healer / DPS (or aren't just aren't on a pally)

And there is something about the community getting fractured, which is sad, because that was the main reason I logged on; when making a good name for yourself on your server was actually something important to do.

I still love WOW, which is why I check back on MMO-champion so often, and I'll certainly re-activate my account when an interesting enough xpac or content patch hits, even if only for a bit of nostalgia.

At least from the response to this thread it seems the community is still alive and kicking

..each other sometimes, but hey

Edit : would it not be possible to run the same game with 2 different graphics engines ? one for people with higher specs and the other for lower end machines.
    Last edited by omnirom; 2011-08-19 at 11:52 PM. Reason: forgot the last bit

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW as it is now, will never be great as it was when it was first launched. Why? Because the game is 7 years old and the novelty is wearing off. For new players, maybe that feeling is still there, but for long time players, eventually it starts becoming stale. It's almost the same thing as the life of a television show. They usually only last 4 or 5 years before the formula gets tired and people move on to something else.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

A community that doesn't whine about everything...

From a PvPers perspective, just get rid PvP of it and pour all resources into PvE where the majority and the devs really care about anyhow. After years of Arena and PvP watching it go up and down all the time is just a fucking joke and Cataclysm's PvP is probably the biggest joke by far.

I can only speak from personal experience... and that is something I've said in plenty of other threads prior.

I left WoW because I stopped having fun. Not that I was "bored of the same". I was "doing the same" ever since Vanilla came out through WotLK - ZG > ICC25 heroic

But WotLK changed my opinion of what "fun" was. Originally I raided and thought that was fun, then Blizz turned out the LFD system and absolutely had a blast running fast-paced intense dungeon runs. Raiding just became a way of collecting gear for me to run fun dungeons and did that for about a year. I loved every minute of it!

Then, Cata came out and just completely brought my fun to an absolute grinding halt. 5 man dungeons shifted from 20 minute intense action into multi-hour long CC snorefests.

This came as a shock to me, as I was one of the many who said "yeah, they need to bring CC back..." and when they did, I realize it really wasn't any fun to do that.

So I quit, and haven't looked back since.

To answer the OP - I'm not really sure what Blizz can do at this point. If my reason is the reason for many others leaving... then it's going to be really tough to do. You can't just ramp up the CC/challenge as that puts off alot of players, and you can't bring back the spamfests either - because then you're actually encouraging players to simply play Diablo3... Which everybody will play instead of spamfest dungeons.

Right now, WoW is exactly the same as D3 - Leave town, assault dungeon with intense action, collect loot, return to town, sell off loot, repeat. Hell, it's even got the socketed gems!

The difference is Diablo 3 will offer way better graphics, dungeons designed with very little CC and even a chance to make a little money on the side with no subscription fee.

Which would you rather play?
    A game where you pay a company $15 a month to run slow boring dungeons to collect loot to sell and gear up?
    or
    A game where a company potentially pays you $15 a month to run fast-paced intense dungeons to collect loot to sell and gear up?

---------- Post added 2011-08-20 at 12:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    1. lose subscribers
    2. get them back
    3. ???
    4.wow is great again.

So yeah, they're working on it, but it'll take a few years 'till step 1 is complete...
    The idea, one would think, is to not loose them at all in the first place.

Huh? The game is great already, I dont understand what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

Which would you rather play?
    A game where you pay a company $15 a month to run slow boring dungeons to collect loot to sell and gear up?
    or
    A game where a company potentially pays you $15 a month to run fast-paced intense dungeons to collect loot to sell and gear up?
    I don't think it's going to quite work that way with D3. Too many people are going into it with grand ideals of making money. Not enough people are actually going in saying, yes! I wanna get that game so I can buy items!.

Potential players who might buy items are instead going to stay clear of this game, from various threads in forums. Getting sucked into D2 and then realizing you may want to buy an item or 2 is far different from going into D3 knowing ahead of time that you are definitely going to need to buy items to be useful or "good" (because of time constraints, etc).

Just saying, expect alot of competition with sales, as prices fall fast .. 5000 identical items up for sale, with maybe a few dozen selling daily isn't going to make anyone serious money.

The thing that makes Wow boring is that now we have had 3 x-pacs.

Vanilla - 60 levels and a whole new world to explore, dungeons, raids, newness galore (VERY EXCITING!)
    BC - 10 levels of fun. New continent many new dungeons, and raids, many requiring atunement to enter (STILL EXCITING)
    WOTLK 10 levels of fun. Many new dungeons, slightly stagnant raids, beginning of recycled content (YAY....for awhile....then out of things to do)
    Cat - Only 5 levels of fun, biggest appeal to leveling a new toon, fewer dungeons, disjointed progression system (YAY..whut? I'm done already??? You want me to run in circles in Org everyday??)

The only thing that would bring back a longer lasting interest and excitement to Wow would be a MAJOR expansion that mirrors the amount of different things that went on in Vanilla and BC. Wotlk and Cat have essentially only been small bursts of newness that can get blazed through in almost no amount of time. If the next one follows the same pattern, no matter what kind of content is included it will end up with same results we have seen lately.

10+ Year Old Account
    A butt load of innovation.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Nothing, it's fine to me and if I really can't be arsed anymore then I'll just wait for some other MMO where I can spend time when I'm bored, just like WoW is now.

Deleted
    What would it take to make wow great again?

for people to stop QQing about things like this!

it will never be like it was just from the simple fact that back then you had to learn everything new, now your playing a game that's been around for over half a decade an you've been there done that so it will be old/boring etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Karteli View Post
    I don't think it's going to quite work that way with D3. Too many people are going into it with grand ideals of making money. Not enough people are actually going in saying, yes! I wanna get that game so I can buy items!.

Potential players who might buy items are instead going to stay clear of this game, from various threads in forums. Getting sucked into D2 and then realizing you may want to buy an item or 2 is far different from going into D3 knowing ahead of time that you are definitely going to need to buy items to be useful or "good" (because of time constraints, etc).

Just saying, expect alot of competition with sales, as prices fall fast .. 5000 identical items up for sale, with maybe a few dozen selling daily isn't going to make anyone serious money.
    ...where are you getting this information that you need to buy items right off the bat? Pfft... again, silly WoW logic. I didn't need to buy items in WoW when I was leveling. And chances are as far as crafting and all the little stuff like mats and things will be on the Gold AH anyways (Saves bulk upload costs...).

Yeah, I'll agree that many people are probably going to join D3 with the aspiration of being able to quit their day job. I'm not... I'm looking to play for fun... and maybe occasionally get some lunch money out of it and that's it. I could care less about the whole "I gotta have the best gear NOW" mentality. I can get the best gear any time I want... as long as I want to. I don't need to buy it in order for me to have fun.

I just like the idea that I can be paid money for playing vs actually paying money to somebody else to play.

Deleted
    Guild wars 2.