Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    it is still Great ?

Make a raid that is crazy like like Sunwell where not everyone is able to down content. This will allow players to aspire towards something epic. Obviously you can't have an entire raid tier inaccessible to the bulk of players so this could possibly be implemented alongside the main patch raid.

Roll it back to vanilla.

To make WoW great again, they would have to make things exclusive again. They would have to change raiding into a harder to reach goal for many, and a more prestigious task for most. The average joe would lose out on their free gear from normal modes, but the actual raiders who care about that experience will once again get as much from the game as they put into it.

---------- Post added 2011-09-03 at 09:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ceirus View Post
    Say bye to decent content patches then.

We already did, in the burning crusade.

Deleted
    all wow needs is competition, if any games gets successful enough to get as big as wow, both games will get constantly better(like all patches which added something the comunity really wanted, were a reaction to a new game which could present a threat)

Deleted
    Probably to make the game less guild-depending. Because really, I'm not in a reeeally good PvE/PvP guild and I can't do a thing apart from dungeons and battlegrounds. (With the exception of Arena.) Make it appeal to more people.

Do what RIFT has done - make all pvp sets have a flat-line 30% (or whatever is ideal) damage reduction from player based combat and a new stat that gives Atk Power/Spell Power when ONLY in PvP combat. No more ZOMG I'm getting trucked because I'm in ONE SEASON AGO PvP gear! And no more PvP gear being used for Raids.

End this VoA/BH raid boss crap. I love that Blizz wants people to engage in a World BG to gain access to a raid. However, you want people to PvP, to then do a PvE boss, that mostly drops PvP loot. It's just... really odd. I guess it works, I just don't like it so I'll put this in the IMO bin.

End the pointless dungeon grind, AFTER you've obtained all your Dungeon gear you shouldn't be pigeonholed into running them over and over to get points to buy Raid gear when there is a very solid chance you don't even raid. See below.

Stop handing out gear when people don't need it. You don't need Raid gear if you only have time to do 5-Man Dungeons. I don't mind the Valor Point/Justice Point system because gaining loot purely off random drops when you spend all that time clearing bosses sucks - if you down a boss you deserve at least some sort of reward for it. It ceases to make sense when you can do 5-Man Dungeons and obtain gear that requires 10-25 people doing a significantly harder raid. That being said, to compensate, Blizz needs to actually come up with some creative, cool looking DUNGEON SETS that would entice people to feel a sense of pride in their Dungeon 2/4 piece and gain bonuses from that. Instead Blizz has put out some very ugly boring gear prompting people to go I WANT TEH SHINY RAID LOOT TOOO I WANT TO LOOK COOL.

I'm all for nerfing of content to get people to see what Blizz has out currently. Ex. the Tier 11 nerfs. However, you should still have to do the raids in order to get the gear... and then progress onward to the next raid. Making it easier when it isn't current anymore = good. Creating a system where you still don't need to raid to get said gear = bad. AND stop allowing this PVE points for PVP points. You don't deserve a special cookie because you mainly raid and want to take your points and convert them to PvP points without PvPing. Do what everyone else does and PvP and get your gear. Same for PvPers (even though you can't do Conquest to Valor?).... if you want PvE gear run some dungeons!!

Bring back the element of a fantasy RPG. Make us feel like heroes of the world again. Stop making us be pawns while the greater lore characters written in books (and often not translated to game, so everyone has the same understanding) runs the bigger picture. This has been ongoing since BC. Vanilla we got no help with anything. We did it all. We were the heroes in every zone and every dungeon and every raid. Hell WE were helping dragons and banishing elemental lords. Now theres always people to give a hand with it and say yeah thanks guyz! We'll take it from here.

Other farfetched idea's would include a return of World Bosses, a TDM style BG (where those killing blows/deaths actually matter now... ), rewarding 2's (I find 2's actually provides the challenge of you never know what you're gonna get and theres always a combo to ruin your day. 3's and 5's see "standardized comps"), put in the optional 40 Man raid difficulty (more loot naturally, but imagine the chaos of Heroic Rag, gearing 40 people, and executing the encounter? That would be a FEAT as a World First.) Open PvP options (every few hours there will be a open world BG in say Southern Barrens... zones where ideally there is a Ally town and Horde town in proximity. Battles happen for destroying points of the city or dominance of the zone. Winning faction has everyone recieve a reward, could be conquest points that can be earned beyond the weekly cap, so people will WANT to go out and PvP). And a much needed return of PvP sets that can be bought at different Arena Ratings / Rated BG ratings. I mean, I look at Vanilla and the vast amount of different armor that existed... you can't tell me it's insanely unreasonable to make 3 sets a patch. One for standard honor. One SET for say 1550 Rating, another for 1800 and another for 2200+ (The latter 2 or 3 being different colors, like in Vanilla. Or make everything except 2200 gear Blue Quality and 2200 Epic Quality). Other items such as epic rings, trinkets can be sprinkled along the way. Bring the sense of YES! I hit 1400, I can finally buy my Epic/higher ilvl Pvp rings!

Anyway just babbling some idea's.

EDIT: PS, nerfing bosses health by say 20% is a reasonable nerf. The bosses do the same damage and have the same phases but have less HP therefore meaning you don't have to go through the prolonged damage intensive phases. it's more manageable.

However completely adjusting abilities and essentially dumbing down the ENTIRE fight is absolutely absurd.
    Last edited by lemaurey; 2011-09-03 at 10:06 AM.

I liked the simplicity Vanilla had. So WoW will never be great for me ever again