Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Deathwing's Lair?

Im Cruious, where Do you think (When we get there) The raid where deathwing Is an Encounter will be located? We've pretty much Cleared out Deepholme of Twilight's hammer, Cleared out Grim Batol, and cleared out The beastion of twilight (To my knowledge, feel free to correct me)

So.

Where's a giant, worldbreaking dragon left to hide? (For that matter, where is Deathwing between now and his raid??)
    Hi.

Deleted
    Where ever he wants to be, just swoops on random cities and the battle commences!

Deleted
    on top of SW
    hmm wish taht would be true
    but my guess is still somewhere in deepholm

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember old hyjal (when you could wall walk to get it) had a dragon like lair there (like Onxyia). But its no longer there...so I dunno

Deleted
    Recall those other levels in Grim Batol? The ones below when you progress through? Might be there, looks sweet.

No idea about a "lair" but as of right now, and until his encounter he will be flying around the world randomly burning zones into ashes, netting players the "Stood in the Fire" achievement.
    This is a signature, only a signature. And nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Under SW - he did tear up the park for no reason and left the rest of the city up. :P

yeah i wonder where will the raid take place, they'll probably add a place for it
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Deleted
    maybe he has a secret lair somewhere in the world and the only way to get there is to have an aspect or *cough* rhonin with his red flowing hair teleport you there...

Deleted
    He just flies around at the moment.. so i'm thinking....

some "spies" will get intel off where he will strike his final blow.. and we will have to travel there to get his ass kicked.. suprise attack on deathwing. not in his "resting place or hide out"..
    so most likeley, it wil be on Hijal near the world tree...

but that's my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw it was written before that it will be near Grim Batol, dont remember where, maybe wowpedia.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Deleted
    Deathwing's Lair in Outland? :P Might be fun ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Beneath Ragefire Chasm.

The place where he was developing the twilight dragonflight before he went to deepholm was below Grim batol, and btw, grim batol is HUGE, we havent even been CLOSE to all of it

With absolutely no prior reading on the subject, i think it would be cool to have the final fight in a phased part of Org (for horde) and SW (for alliance). Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockASU View Post
    Under SW - he did tear up the park for no reason and left the rest of the city up. :P
    He didn't just tear up the park, He remodeled all of SW in a night.

Takes the alliance 6 years to finish the bridge in redridge , while it takes DW 1 night to remodel Stormwind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou View Post
    Deathwing's Lair in Outland? :P Might be fun ^^
    "Fun"? Explain. Lorewise, it makes 0% sense, Deathwing has never been there, has never been said to go there for any reason at all and the only way he could end up there is by flying randomly over Blasted Lands and being so happy setting the zone on fire that he doesn't notice the Dark Portal and flies right into it, and when he's in Outland suddenly loses his brain and doesn't have the mental capacity to realise that all he has to do to get back to Azeroth is turn around and fly through the portal.

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post
    "Fun"? Explain. Lorewise, it makes 0% sense, Deathwing has never been there, has never been said to go there for any reason at all and the only way he could end up there is by flying randomly over Blasted Lands and being so happy setting the zone on fire that he doesn't notice the Dark Portal and flies right into it, and when he's in Outland suddenly loses his brain and doesn't have the mental capacity to realise that all he has to do to get back to Azeroth is turn around and fly through the portal.
    Actually, He WAS.
    See: Netherwing Dragons, Black Dragons in Blade's edge.
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by SanderZammy View Post

Um. You look stupid now.
    I'm not even going to explain how wrong you are, just going to let you wonder and then feel like a dick when you realise.

My best guess is somewhere below Grim Batol. If you look across the huge crevasse where you free the red drakes you can see a HUGE hall, which would make a suitable gathering point for the final assault on Deathwing, much like the battering ram and tents outside ICC. Plus, there's plenty more room below Grim Batol, surely enough to fit a giant lava dragon, especially considering he'd been there before. Grim Batol would also make a good spot for Deathwing to be recovering from his battle with Alexstrasza, considering it was literally right next to him when they landed.