Deleted

Shadow fiend, int scaling and proc updating.

I remember in ICC shadowfiend took a snap shot of your stats when it was cast and kept those for its duration (spell power procs)
    It benefited from heroism if it was out when heroism was cast, I can't recall how it scaled with haste/crit if at all.

I seem to be noticing that sfiend is no longer taking a snap shot of spell power, it seems to be updating per hit. Can anyone confirm this?

How does it scale with haste (and crit?). Does it benefit from any of the stats I have, does it update per hit or on cast? I assume it still scales with raid buffs as normal.

Any info on shadowfiend would be appreciated

aww i would really like to see an answer for this too :O

Deleted
    Bump, someone must know how sfiend scales!

Deleted
    Easily tested, shadowfiend indeed takes a snapshot of your spellpower the moment you cast it. If you see big difference in the hits it makes its because fiend hits can be glancing, just like all melee attacks. I don't know how it scales (if it even does) whit other stats but benefits from bloodlust if casted after the fiend is out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorale View Post
    Easily tested, shadowfiend indeed takes a snapshot of your spellpower the moment you cast it. If you see big difference in the hits it makes its because fiend hits can be glancing, just like all melee attacks. I don't know how it scales (if it even does) whit other stats but benefits from bloodlust if casted after the fiend is out.
    well that's what I thought, testing says otherwise.

Still looking for info on haste / crit scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowfiend benefits from your spellpower (int) procs. It is best to cast it right before heroism or right after power torrent/dmc:volcano proc. Shadowfiend does update based on your current spellpower. I have seen this in testing on a dummy as well. This is also backed up by kilee on several other websites. The shadowfiend doesn't "stick" at any set spellpower. My avg hit self buffed is around 5k...with pt/dmc:volcano procced it is around 7k a hit. So it is best to pop it as soon as your buffs/procs are active rather than 1/2 way through their duration. Shadowfiend can have glancing blows also.