Deleted

Resto Druid with Disc or Holy? - PvE

As the Title says which healing setup is best for 2man healing Firelands Normal and Heroic, Resto Druid + Discipline Priest or Resto Druid + Holy Priest?

Deleted
    i would advise a disc priest and putting him mainly on tankhealing.

Disc is tank healing, Holy is raid healing, raid healer + raid healer doesn't make much sense, so Disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    I thought this but my GM who is the Resto Druid thinks otherwise...

Disc makes a lot more sense with a Resto Druid.

holy pally resto druid would be better then disp priest resto druid

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishh View Post
    holy pally resto druid would be better then disp priest resto druid
    you lose inspiration if you dont have a priest/shaman. 10% physical damage on the tank is a pretty big deal.

I say Disc and Druid--one of my favorite healing partners is Druid...I focus on tank, and throw bubble on the occasional dps, which gives Resto time to bring them back up...it's a very nice symbiosis...as a Disc, I like healing with Druid the best, followed by Shaman, and Holy...

Hots/Absorbs...yes!

I have no theorycraft, just a point of view...

100% disc, holy priests and rdruids burn their mana like crazy when tank healing. Disc can handle it very nicely. great tank heals and great raid heals

Quote Originally Posted by Nuru View Post
    I thought this but my GM who is the Resto Druid thinks otherwise...
    Your GM who plays a resto druid should focus on his resto druid and let someone who plays a priest decide which spec is better for that role. His ignorance should not be overshadowed by the fact that he is the GM.

Disc all the way =)

Deleted
    Not to ninja the thread, but I've got sort of the same question. My guild is usually running with 3 healers, a holy paladin, resto druid, and me the priest. So far I've only been holy in firelands and we're doing just fine.

Now I'm wondering if it's better(or, more optimal) for me to go disc for the soon-to-be-started heroic modes, or even for the normal encounters? I'm usually healing the raid and I assist with tank healing when needed

Deleted
    Resto druid: best raid HEALER
    Disc priest: Great tank healer and even more important, best damage preventer.

@Klydan: Yes, it is. Disc priest makes things much easier. Give it a try! But you must learn how to get the best results with disc first.
    Last edited by mmocc46c8e1895; 2011-08-22 at 08:32 AM.

Deleted
    You could always try dual spec Disc/Holy and swap depending on the encounter. Shannox, Baleroc and Alys are very well suited for Disc, while Beth and Ryolith could use Holy's AoE healing. MDS and Rag could go either way depending on how you play it and what you are more comfortable with. I find it useful to run Disc/Holy dual spec as our roster changes quite a bit and it's useful to be able to fill different roles for different fights, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ner zhul View Post
    you lose inspiration if you dont have a priest/shaman. 10% physical damage on the tank is a pretty big deal.
    only firelands encounter when i noticed that inspiration might matter was ragnaros and only when we were messing up seeds run, i wouldnt call this talent a must-have in the very moment of the game.

discipline priest works great with a resto druid

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    only firelands encounter when i noticed that inspiration might matter was ragnaros and only when we were messing up seeds run, i wouldnt call this talent a must-have in the very moment of the game.

discipline priest works great with a resto druid
    Yeah a constant 10% damage reduction is totally irrelevant for your tanks. Do harder content, you clearly overgear what you are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Klydan View Post
    Not to ninja the thread, but I've got sort of the same question. My guild is usually running with 3 healers, a holy paladin, resto druid, and me the priest. So far I've only been holy in firelands and we're doing just fine.

Now I'm wondering if it's better(or, more optimal) for me to go disc for the soon-to-be-started heroic modes, or even for the normal encounters? I'm usually healing the raid and I assist with tank healing when needed
    If you can afford to keep two healing specs I would be both holy and disc, and would change spec depending on the fight. More raid damage = holy, more tank damage = disc.

If you like to pvp or dps sometimes as your off spec, then should should try out both and see which is better for your raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc ofc. If he wants you to go Holy, it is probably cause he wants to shine more on meters... hehe I remember in particular some poster who was in a similar situation, where the druid blamed the absorbs to make his healing worthless^^

Due summer breaks and usual slacking status at this part of the year, I was forced to change my healing partners often since 4.2 (we are raiding 10m). I was Holy since Cata started, going disc just for fun. But as soon as I got resto druid as my dual healer in FL, I went disc full time. Both our druid and me think disc shields and druid hots are BFF! Even if you have 3 healers for some fights, having resto druid in raid simply forces you to go disc, or you can start feeling a bit worthless...