Poll: Your favourite pokemon game?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    For nostalgia Blue/Red, but game-wise I'd say Gold/Silver + Crystal because you get the best of both worlds

10+ Year Old Account
    Just pick up the latest game and you'll have fun, personally my favourite is Silver.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver... The first two generations of pokemon were what I grew up with and what I love. I remember having both red and blue, and using a friends gameboy to give myself all three starting ones.

Then with Yellow I didn't have to do it like that anymore... Lol
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Personally, my favorite games are the ones on nintendo 64, Pokemon stadium 1 and 2. Those were fun because you could pick almost any pokemon, play with random ones, and use your pokemon from the gameboy. The ones from gamecube on weren't as good because the rental option was gone and the only way to do a battle with your friend was to have a gameboy with a game. Pokemon Stadium 2 ftw.

Gold and Silver
    Why I didnt say Red and Blue was because it annoyed the crap out of me when I had 6 pokemon in my party and I could not look in my boxes to see if the pokemon I wanted was in there. Making me remove one from my party to the box only to find out the one I wanted is not in that box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gameplay wise i just cannot tend to the first two generations.

"Move Pokemon" i cant imagine playing anymore without that feature.

Anyway my favourite is Emerald, i simply love the battle zone

Quote Originally Posted by xile View Post
    It's pretty much a given that everyone is going to say the first couple games red/blue - crystal. They were great because they were brand new, the pokemon were relatively nice, and there is soo much nostalgia in it.

While the newer games are better gameplay wise, storywise, pretty much every way possible, it's hard to beat the shiny new feeling.
    I like the originals for the creativeness. I feel the newer games are lacking in creativity. It feels like each game is just a remap of the old game. E.G. Repainting azeroth and selling it as an expansion.... glad they never did that. It would give me the same feeling as newer generations of pokemon... oh wait...

The newer ones all have their pidgey and ratata counterparts at the beginning. They never stray from the same types of starters. Why can't we have psychic, fighting, and ghost starters? The all have forests and caves in relatively the same place with in the story...
    If people criticized the Bible as much as they criticize WOW we'd all be atheists.

Hmm The best? Well, I believe that would be G/S. And before people start flipping a poo telling me about some imaginary glasses, there are some reasons why I FEEL this way (an opinion ohmahgawdwut!?).

Pokemon R/B Set the way for a very easy to learn and pick up RPG for all ages. It may have not been "perfect" to everyone. but there had been no game breaking glitches or issues with the games that I ran into in my 4 times of beating them both will all 151. (I went to events for mew.) There is a reason why people still play these games. Just because new ones come out and maybe fix some things does not just make the old ones bad.

Pokemon Yellow gave us a decent amount of changes (by allowing us a pikachu to start with as well as gain all 3 of the starters in your journey.) You even got some extra fights via team rocket and it allowed you to feel like you are playing the show on TV. As well it gave us some special things we can do with the surfing pikachu (even if you needed stadium for it.)

Pokemon G/S gave us an immense amount of new stuff as well as that same feeling we had in R/B/Y! New mechanics that actually worked and we LOVED them. Such as the day/night cycle, items to hold and help your pokemon, Special pokeballs you can make to help you catch them all, a Male/Female system with breeding so you can raise them up with special abilities, and to top it all off you got 2x the game space! You played through an entire new game and after you thought the game might be over BAM! You get to go back to the original areas and see what all has changed and what little things are still evident after everything that has happened.

After this point a lot of things got added didn't seem to give the game anymore that "amazing" feeling as much as it felt annoying or more like a gimmick. Things like the multiple Pokemon battles with 2v2 Pokemon and so on. These are the reasons why I felt after G/S are the best. Now don't twist the words the games are still great, but they didn't have that same feeling to me at least.

Pokemon Trading Card Game....also Ruby and Sapphire because they introduced my favorite Pokémon, Latios and Latias. <3

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love soulsilver, love the starters. My typhlosion is level 100 and it kickez buttz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Silver by far. I am probably biased towards Yellow, but Silver has my most played time in a single playthrough with 120 hours (before people say "Oh that's weak" I've played through Silver alone 3 times and probably have a total of 200~ hours played, not to mention that I've played through Gold once and Crystal twice.) Combining my two favorite gens pokemon-wise was just a match made in heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite would be the gold version, but it must be nostalgia speaking. A lot of new pokemons, the two regions... It was so awesome !

I loved ruby/sapphire though, it was so great, but i didn't get the same feeling on the last two generations (Diamond/Perl and Black/White).

The third was a little weird, but still enjoyable. Now it's too much...

10+ Year Old Account
    Red/Blue - when they were released I barely put my gameboy down for months...

10+ Year Old Account
    As much fun as I had in R/B, gold/silver were my favorites, I never did play B/W though.

I played through emerald on my phone for quite some time, and loved it. Very fun and even competitive, the Battle Frontier for end-game was very interesting and enjoyable.
    Retired WoW player. Ameteur family man.

Crystal hands down, was the absolute best.
    U p H___~ Restoration // Enhancement since 07.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    RBY. Originals FTW.
    151 pokemonz best pokemonz

How is pokemon stadium not on this list! #1 pokegame of all time. N64 ftw

I've played about 2/3 of them, I haven't tried black and white so my opinion is biased.

Red & Blue for sure. It felt fresh and new. The show was actually pretty good back then too (Around when Red/Blue came out), with witty humor. The Pokemon Stadium for N64 let you use your Pokemon in it and rewarded you with things. I put a lot of hours into it as a kid. It was actually very difficult for me too, so I got the most satisfaction out of it (I was like..11 years old). So yes my opinion is a bit biased and i'm wearing the nostalgia goggles.

My second pick would be Ruby&Sapphire. If you got hardcore into it like I did, you could look up how to mathematically "train" them to max out two of their stats. I remember breeding over and over again, spending 20 rare candys on a level 1, and testing out the IV's, resetting, doing it again, then spending even longer making sure they got 520 speed/power EV's, etc. In any case, I felt very in control of my Pokemon and the world map was fresh and interesting.

Gold&Silver was good because it was big, but it was just that..big. It didn't really keep me interested.

Red/Blue/Yellow

Yellow was my personal favorite over all
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface