Through a Glass, Darkly bug

Has anyone else experienced this bug, where your felhunter will sit there in a spot in the room, and do nothing? That's what mine is doing. I have continuously wiped because of this. He wont spell lock, wont devour magic. I already reported the bug to a GM, he stated many others were having the same issue. He wont even attack Thyranir.

But my question is, how did you overcome this??

Deleted
    You just need to put him on passive and then use devour magic when that healing spell is up, otherwise like you say he wont attack because he simply cant reach the boss.

Sorry I should have said, even on passive which I have been doing, he'll bug. He will stand there at the end of the platform or in the middle, anywhere. And he'll just stand there. He wont move with me, even when I use the move to option. Even when Thyrinar is in range, he wont attack him either way.

If you have your felhunter interrupt one of the blasts he does the dragon will come down into range and your pet can hit him. This will last until he sets up for the laser breath that follows you. After that you need to interrupt him again.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I did to complete the last guy was I put my Felhunter on passive then had him tank the add that would run up the ramp and let him whittle down the add (with the help of a couple dots). I created focus macros for both Devour Magic and Spell lock and simply hit the one I wanted for the boss when needed. I never had the felhunter attack the boss directly. I did not have an issue with the Felhunter dying or bugging out with this method. I was also in Affliction PvP spec when I did it.