Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I just found out about a rare HORRIFIC muscle disorder.

Imagine one day that your body start repairing microscopic tears in your muscles with bone. Grats! you have Fibrodysplasia ossificans progressiva or "stone man syndrome"

Pretty graphic images to some: consider that before clicking.
    http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...ekz8o1_500.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibrody...ns_progressiva
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-08-22 at 07:59 AM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch.

And even if doctors get rid of it, the body will replace it with more bone? I would do anything I could to kill myself. That's not living, that's being a hostage of a chemical reaction.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    O.O That sounds, and looks, awful.

Like I posted in another thread

That is absolutly disgustingly painful and I have the utmost pity on anyone who has it. ;o;

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, that just made my whole body .. idk? It made me really uncomfortable.

I'd off myself right then and there.
    Signatures are overrated.

Boneitis?

10chars

I have heard about this before. It is MASSIVELY RARE. The most famous case was of a guy who had it in the 30`s. By the time he died he was only able to move his eyes. Every muscle is his body was bone. He was literally entombed in his own body.

The worst part of this disease it is incurable and surgery to to remove the extra bone actually stimulates the disease and makers it progress faster, to the point that surgery of any type would be pointless.

Looking at it made my spine go all tingly and hard. Makes you appreciate the little things in life, having a body (whether skinny, toned or fat) which allows you to simply move and live your life

That's horrid but also incredibly interesting. It shows you just how many things are going right all the time that you don't realize until given examples otherwise.

at 1 point before i read this. i thought about bonitis but then i realized that its fake. ive actually heard of stuff like this. theres a really bad skin 1 too where your skin gets as hard as an exoskeloton.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Aryl View Post
    Looking at it made my spine go all tingly and hard. Makes you appreciate the little things in life, having a body (whether skinny, toned or fat) which allows you to simply move and live your life
    I thought the exact same thing. A lot of us take these things for granted. I really wish I didn't read this, things like this make me really paranoid. >_>
    Last edited by Fynnch; 2011-08-22 at 07:00 AM.

This is not a happy thread. =(

I had heard of this thing before but had never considered what it would be like to have it. Palpableimmunity has it right, it just isn't living. Many terminal diseases allow you at least a couple months to enjoy life; this gives you years of hating it. I'd definitely be looking for any kind of early way out of life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimora88 View Post
    Vendor turns around, "Yes, can I hel-"
    Worgen female, "OMFG IMMA SELL YOU SOME AWSUM SHIT."
    Vendor looks thoroughly confused, "Ma'am I'll gladly buy it if you just cal-"
    Worgen female headbutts the vendor, dumps her backpack on him, robs him, and merrily hop-skips away.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    at 1 point before i read this. i thought about bonitis but then i realized that its fake. ive actually heard of stuff like this. theres a really bad skin 1 too where your skin gets as hard as an exoskeloton.
    Heard about that one as well..

Ever since I heard about that disease I've been really facinated by it.

Deleted
    It would be like turning to stone i imagine

Doesn't bother me one bit, given that I've seen and witnessed worse though its okay.

10+ Year Old Account
    :/ There;s some seriously weird stuff out there in human body land.
    Last edited by Koula; 2011-08-22 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Wrong topic

Wow.. that looks painful.. But also seriously wicked.
    Kinda looks liek he had wings growing lol

10+ Year Old Account
    :O it looks like the grey death from a song of ice and fire (except for becoming grey and numb and shit)
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

What would happen if you keep moving, like keep your muscles moving? Would it stop or just hurt so much that you would have to stop moving and die?