Deleted

Nourish vs Healing touch

I was curious, as an avid PvE raider on what would be more beneficial as a druid healer in boss fights,
    nourish has its advantage of being cheap to cast and Healing touch has the advantage of its huge heals,
    now in the most obvious of cases nourish would be the optimized primary heal but is there a way that you can make
    it so healing touch was, apart from in some required fights,

In the short is it a case of getting mana regan to a specific lvl or is it something like having my hots ticking for crazy amounts, is there anyway to make healing touch into a primary heal?

It honestly isn't about a "primary heal". It's about what is right for the situation. Is the target wounded severely? Use healing touch. Severe wound needing immediate attention? Perhaps a regrowth. Not so bad? A Rejuvenation and a Nourish should do the trick.

There is no "primary" heal. However, with regards to mana regeneration, the more you have, the more Healing Touchs you can potentially cast before you run out of mana.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasillio View Post
    It honestly isn't about a "primary heal". It's about what is right for the situation. Is the target wounded severely? Use healing touch. Severe wound needing immediate attention? Perhaps a regrowth. Not so bad? A Rejuvenation and a Nourish should do the trick.

There is no "primary" heal. However, with regards to mana regeneration, the more you have, the more Healing Touchs you can potentially cast before you run out of mana.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

OT: Nourish is best to use when your tank or other raid members are taking consistent damage. If there is going to be a point when the the tank takes a lot of burst damage then be prepared to use Healing Touch. Regrowth is just for emergencies and if you have the mana to support its use. Also, keeping a rejuv on the tank is always best but make sure you aren't refreshing it before it has run out. This will help with mana conservation.

Oh one more thing, use all your clearcasting procs! Lifebloom should be kept rolling on the tank at all times unless it's an emergency and you need it to bloom. Use the clearcasting on healing touch or regrowth as needed, remember, it's free!

Quote Originally Posted by Gasillio View Post

I have to agree with Gasillio. Though you should be making sure you OoC+NS + HT every chance you get xD. My problem is no one is low on health whenever I get clearcasting >.>
    Nourish is great to fill in, and in later gearing stages Healing Touch will probably make a comeback, but at the moment you can't afford to use it as liberally as before.

A large part of which answer is correct for you will depend on your gear level - I personally can throw around a few healing touches without feeling a serious burn on my mana - indeed I've occasionally spammed regrowth! You need to account for when making your decision:

1) When there is more damage incoming

2) How much damage is incoming (is this Baleroc or Majordomo)

These two should tell you which speed/size of heal is ideal.

My personal inclination however is to be continually casting (even if the tank is on full hp) and when the damage is slight, infrequent, or yet to occur, I'll be chain casting nourish, with a rejuvination up, with lifebloom (on the tank).

Edit: Also, I'm not sure what 'perfect play' will consist in by comparison to what I do, but whenever I get a OOC proc, I will usually try to use it asap with regrowth - thereby opening myself to another proc. There are exceptions to this (I know heavy damage is incoming and I want it for a healing touch in X seconds) - but generally I try to lose that buff asap!

Target has moderate wounds that do NOT need fast healing?
    - use Nourish plus any HoT if u think its needed.

Target has heavy wounds that do NOT need fast healing?
    - use Healing Touch

Target has heavy/medium wounds that DO need FAST healing?
    - use Regrowth or a Swiftment

That is at least how i see it.

Deleted
    If I am expecting a large amount of tank damage within the next 2 seconds(Baleroc or beth) I generally precast a healing touch, my current HT cast time is 2.2 seconds and this allows for 0.2 seconds for the damage to be applied and dependant on the tanks health after the heal goes off I will either use a NS+HT or a regrowth.
    As for nourish this really does just feel like a filler spell, atleast on heroic content. It's good if you are expecting constant damage such as Drone tanks on beth or the spark/fragment tanks on rhyolith, but not huge hits such as Baleroc or Beth p2. In conjuction with LB/RJ and possibly RG ticking on the tank, for something like an add tank nourish seems fine to use. It's also great for keeping your mastery at a 10 second duration ready for a large amount of aoe damage incoming so that you can get as much HoT healing out before having to use another direct heal.