Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a cheap game to pass the next couple of months by

Looking for a cheap or free game to pass the next couple of months by. Preferably for the PC. Just something that can be fun and keep my attention. If it's a MMO I'd like one thats f2p and would like one with great world pvp.

Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to mention I have played Warhammer, but looking for a different game. Liked the PVP.
    Last edited by Kevie; 2011-08-22 at 07:13 PM.

lots of games that are cheep and or f2p but I'm not sure on the world pvp. Guild wars 1 is fairly cheep and has good pvp but its structured not world pvp. Alot of MMO's have gone f2p over the last few years such as lord of the rings, everquest 2, DnDonline. cant tell you how the pvp is in those games as I'v only dabbled in EQ2 just to kill a few hours at one point

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    ddo is really good if you like dungeon crawling www.ddo.com

for a single player, really enjoying elder scrolls: oblivion atm, mass effect and dragon age are also good.

Deleted
    Team Fortress 2 is a F2P game nowadays if you like your FPS with a twist.

Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends are free MOBA's (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena). Bloodline Champions is also the same, but that's more like a WoW-arena game.

oblivion, fallout 3, or a newer multiplayer BF badcompany 2

Dino Run.

Really.

Or Team Fortress 2. That works as well.

League of Legends. Free to play, 15million subscribers. If you ever played DotA its like that.

Im just gonna say Mass effect if you havent played them yet.One of the best RPGs ever.

Deleted
    I picked up Deus Ex for 1.33 quid the other day, warcraft 3 for 2.56 and Dragon Age 2 for 8.99 all on play.com. There are plenty of games out there for the cheap. I'd recommend Baldur's Gat 2 if you haven't already played it.

Age of Conan, nice long leveling experience with fun action combat. Its F2P and really good, don't listen to those trolls who say it had a failed release, yes it did; but that was in 2008 and its a million times better now.

For MMOs you can always check www.massively.com

Also TF2 or DotA if you have WC3

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Terraria?
    LoL?
    TF2?

Deleted
    You know there's this great free MMO called Runescape I heard they improved it a while a go you should go try it :P

Fallout 3 is probably one of the best bangs for your buck. I have over 100 hours into it and I am not even done with my 1st playthrough.

AoE online is good if you enjoy that kind of thing, and free to play unless you go for premium acct which is ONLY $20 for 1 civilization
    Age of Empires online
    Last edited by morbidjbyrd; 2011-08-23 at 03:06 AM.

Well you can download The Elder Scrolls II for free now off Bethesda's website so you could try that. It is dated sure, but it still is a great RPG and you can sink more hours into it, than Oblivion and Morrowwind combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    You know there's this great free MMO called Runescape I heard they improved it a while a go you should go try it :P
    That game is a giant scam...and sucky to boot.
    It will cost you more than a regular pay to play game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoAskira View Post
    Well you can download The Elder Scrolls II for free now off Bethesda's website so you could try that. It is dated sure, but it still is a great RPG and you can sink more hours into it, than Oblivion and Morrowwind combined.
    Thanks for that bout to play the shit outta that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Thanks for that bout to play the shit outta that game.
    I'll help you out since it is hard to find on their website, since you pretty much have to go to their Elderscrolls sub-site to find it.
    http://elderscrolls.com/daggerfall/

Quote Originally Posted by morbidjbyrd View Post
    That game is a giant scam...and sucky to boot.
    It will cost you more than a regular pay to play game.
    What are you talking about? There isn't a cash shop, membership is 5.95. How does that cost more than the 15.00 cost of WoW plus its expansions?

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    What are you talking about? There isn't a cash shop, membership is 5.95. How does that cost more than the 15.00 cost of WoW plus its expansions?
    Maybe he is referring to the fact that Runescape, although good in it's own way, is pointless to play unless you subscribe. The premium benefits are massive and you just can't compete with those who pay.