What to look for in a SSD?

What else do you need to look into a SSD other then Read and write speeds, cost, and storage amount? Also is it a "huge" speed difference? Will i notice the difference right away? Will i just notice it when turning on my computer or will i see a difference in every day programs? Im still running off a 7200 RPM HDD My HDD is the only thing really slowing my poor computer down.. Darn you old technology!

Also was looking around and found this:

newegg . com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220602

60 GB, 120$, 520 MB/s Read 490 MB/s Write. Sadly it only has 2 reviews, but those reviews are 5 stars both. Seem like a good starter SSD?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the use of the computer. If you are primarily running office applications then yes you should notice a significant difference. However if all you plan to do is install Windows and WoW on it then you won't notice a difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reliability>Size>Speed

Don't look at newegg reviews, don't look at advertised speeds. If you want to know how fast it is, check out benchmarks. Read speeds are much much more important than write speeds, since the main reason you're buying an SSD is to load (read) programs very fast.

Buying an SSD makes a tremendous loading speed difference for everything you install on it. Just take a look at one of the million youtube vids comparing load times on SSDs and HDDs.
    i7 930 @ 4.0Ghz | Sapphire HD5970 w/ Accelero Xtreme | ASUS P6X58D Premium | 32GB Kingston DDR3-1600
    Xonar Essence STX | 128GB Vertex 4 | AX750 | Xigmatek Elysium
    Laing D5 | XSPC RX 360mm | Koolance RP-452X2 | EK-Supreme HF
    Dell 3007WFP-HC | Samsung BX2350 | Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate | Razer Naga Molten | Sennheiser HD650

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Depends on the use of the computer. If you are primarily running office applications then yes you should notice a significant difference. However if all you plan to do is install Windows and WoW on it then you won't notice a difference.
    Anything you install to the SSD will have a noticeable difference, ESPECIALLY Windows. Heck, with Windows on an SSD my computer actually has to pause to wait for that silly little Windows animation to finish, start up is ridiculous on SSD. I use my SSD for WoW, Windows, and Open Office mainly.

To the OP, every day use will be affected for those items you install to the SSD, it doesn't just natively speed up the computer, it only affects speed when it is being accessed. Reliability is the main thing you want to look for, the fastest SSD is useless if it will die in a matter of months.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface