Poll: Was Gamestop right?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    The game in this article, Deus Ex, was a PC game.
    Well, yeah, I mean outside this special case, PC games should never be opened before sold.

So, in other words, NEVER should a PC game be sold opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was about to make a thread about this, should've included that this is Deus Ex: HR @OP
    The only people you have control over is yourself. If you want to make a point, leave proper, factual replies.

Another reason why I'm glad I refuse to buy my games from Gamestop.

Now because Gamestop has done such a retarded thing they have now lost all my future business (it used to be my first stop for new games I wanted)

This is just bad business, yet at the same time so many people (likely including people who picked the 2nd option in this poll) defend blizzard when they make moves purely for money generating purposes that screw customers.....

Im getting sick of Gamestop/EBgames.

Not wanting to support competiton is one thing. But voiding the warranty then selling the game just to remove the code is just bad practice.

Guess il be heading to Futureshop for games now.

Deleted
    That article summed up all the reasons I need to read reviews before I buy ANYTHING from an OnLine shop.

Read GameStop reviews. And I came across the most horrible things: Scratched discs, unpacked games, fraud, and so on. That's ridiculous as a company...

Im so glad I got mine at bestbuy, I will NEVER shop at GS again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    Now because Gamestop has done such a retarded thing they have now lost all my future business (it used to be my first stop for new games I wanted)

This is just bad business, yet at the same time so many people (likely including people who picked the 2nd option in this poll) defend blizzard when they make moves purely for money generating purposes that screw customers.....
    Could you please name such moves?

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Could you please name such moves?
    I believe he means paid transfers, remote ah, rmah-d3. cool mounts in pet store etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to work at gamestop and can't stand how they open games. If I do buy a game from gamestop, I make sure they give me one that hasn't been opened at all, or I leave. I really cannot stand gamestop and would rather buy my games from a seven 11/Walmart than go into one of those god awful places.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

To all the people saying that Gamestop shouldn't have to sell competitor's coupons.... absolutely. I agree.

When Gamestop discovered that a product on their shelves contained competitor's coupons, they should have pulled the product, and possibly pursued legal action against Square-Enix (assuming that Gamestop was intelligent enough to include some sort of clause in their contract with Square that the games would be free of such things).

I'm not saying that Gamestop should have been forced to essentially advertise for their competitors. I'm saying that for them to rip open the game box, take out something intended for the players, then try to pass the game off as still new is both lying and outright theft. It's not forgivable, regardless of the reasoning behind it.

Deleted
    Never bought a game at GameStop, since they're overpriced. We've 2 of them in our town, both in very populated shopping areas, and only 50m away from the next store which usually sells games 10-15€ cheaper.

GameStop is a joke.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wow.... holy shit. After reading a few posts above, I never knew that GS was corrupt. Granted, this doesn't come as a shock because the employees at the GS's I frequent, they're not very nice most of the time. And I mean that as in their mainly very arrogant and elitist. I buy my WoW time via game cards, and I can't think of a time in the past year or so where they boy behind the counter didn't give me a hard time for playing WoW. Needless to say after this, I'm done buying from them.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisdoesdallas View Post
    This is just my speculation.

I believe gamestop did this to try to prevent people reselling the games back to gamestop without the digital copy. If everyone who bought the game from GS decided it was better on PC and returned the game they basically got DEHR for free.
    I don't think you can resell PC games to gamestop, and even if you can, If you buy a game for $60 and immediately open it and tell the guy okay now how much will you give me for it? its going to be $20-$25 less than what you just bought it for, and they will put it on the wall at $55.

At most they would be saving $20 and gamestop would still be making money, they would resell the game and make profit that the dev doesn't see.
    If a developer wants to put something in my game, gamestop has no right to decide that I can't be trusted with w/e the developer put in the box.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post

The things blizzard release, e.g. mounts etc are all optional, so it's hardly "screwing" customers.

Apparently it's not entirely Gamestops fault.

Square Enix didn't tell them the coupon was included so Gamestop didn't have the opportunity to refuse to sell it, and they took part of the blame (as they should). That being said, it's still crazy that they did it no matter what. That's just silly.

Without actually telling customers, no they don't. If Gamestop tampers with the normal product they should be legally obligated to tell the customer at the counter. I think Gamestop can do whatever the heck they want with the products, but the tampering should be made clear to the customer at the time of purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Apparently it's not entirely Gamestops fault.

Square Enix didn't tell them the coupon was included so Gamestop didn't have the opportunity to refuse to sell it, and they took part of the blame (as they should). That being said, it's still crazy that they did it no matter what. That's just silly.
    If such an agreement truly found place, then yes, Square Enix made an error, but that in no terms make them responsible for the actions of Gamestop. Gamestop should instead have directed contact to SE and found a solution to the problem, instead they chose to resort to illegalities, and hope they weren't caught in it.

It's ridiculous the society we live in, corporations think they can just do whatever they want. It's all about $$$$