Poll: Holy Or Disc For 5-Mans

Holy Or Disc For 5-Man Heroics

Im leaving off from 4.1 with mostly 346 gear on. Beginning my exhausting grind with Zand heroics for valor, justice points ( for badge gear ) and 353 upgrades.
    As I wont be raiding till I get at least a 360 ilvl, Ill be grinding those 2 heroics for quite awhile now.

So with that said, which would be easier and or more beneficial for 5 mans.

Holy Or Disc?
    Last edited by Holyshnikies; 2011-08-26 at 07:55 PM. Reason: upgrades

In my opinion, Disc really shines in 5 mans. It lacks the raw healing power of Holy (which sets it back a bit in raids in my opinion). It's style and toolkit are perfect for healing five people though.

Anybody else for votes?

You should've probably posted this in the priest forums. I'm sure there are a lot more qualified answers for you waiting there.

Definitely Disc. A lot more mana friendly (assuming you're not bubble spamming) and easier to heal relatively bad groups. I would suggest picking up Atonement (and Evangelism and AA) for 5 mans, and it helps dungeons go by faster. I'm fairly geared and can push ~8k DPS on boss fights with minimum direct healing done in normal heroic dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that even at a 346 ilvl either choice is easy enough for 5 man heroics.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Absolutely Disc, I can't fathom how anyone can play both in 5 mans and possibly think Holy performs better. They're both quite capable sure, but Disc has the same level of performance with 10x the ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love me some disc. Really. But holy absolutely destroys its aoe and you'll need plenty of good hps if you plan on pugging. (hps dun matter hur dur)

I find both about equal yet different, since you're going to be grinding so much I'd strongly suggest going with whichever style you enjoy most with an eye on which spec you plan to be raiding in.

Disc is great. Holy handles things better when they get out of control and you need massive burst output to save folks.
    Lots of pugs are horrible, so Holy generally gets the nod for randoms or heroics by the priests I know.

Deleted
    The most important is not your spec nor za zg,farm bwl and the others to gear up

Holy is more aoe and thats all really heroics are, normally tanks don't get hit that hard unless they arn't geared very well.

Gonna go with holy for the on-the-spot AoE, really good in heroics.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

It really doesn't matter which you go with for 5-mans. I think I'd personally prefer Holy's raw healing output if you reach that Spirit threshold where you're not struggling for mana, but all in all, both have their strengths and weaknesses, just like they do when looking at raid healing.

Go with whichever you prefer.

Go attonement spec, Spam smite = Quick easy heroics =)

Deleted
    I would say that both specs are quite good for HCs and that you should pick the one you are most used to. I for one am changing from Holy to disc on my priest alt atm :P

Deleted
    holy is way better suited to heal horrible pugs. but once you outgear the content, smitespecc is the way to go.

Deleted
    I'd go for Disc, very simple with the ability to smite spam to speed things up if you get a very overgeared tank.