Looking for some Inspiration for my new UI

Hey guys im currently working on a new ui, its for my Shadow Priest. Im looking for some looking but still functional ui's that work well for dot tracking and have everything a Spriest would need.

Im new to the class and coming in from tanking and bc shaman healing i had no need for other addons aside from bartender and some nice looking unitframes. With a dot class it goes much deeper than that. If any of you have any UI packages i can download and play with, that would be great .. i tried looking on wowinterface but i cant really find anything that called my attention.
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

As allways, when it comes to buff/debuff, proc & cooldown tracking i suggest WeakAuras (or maybe Power Auras Classic). Imho WA is the better addon for the job. Take some time to get used to how the addon works and you will love it. I promise!

A UI compilation will as I often say be about compromises, where it is what someone else thinks you need.
    If you have spent the time already looking through a significant number as you seem to indicate, then I am not sure if we can help you much there.

However I do have other suggestions, first about individual addons.
    Dot-based classes will be needing some sort of timers for tracking the dots, and the format of those timers can vary quite dramatically from one to another.
    What we need to know is what sort of, or format of timers you can read comfortably.

Bars which are often horizontal and stacked on top of each other are provided by addons such as NeedToKnow, Ellipsis etc.
    Icons which will have placed in or near it a number counting down for the duration are provided by TellMeWhen, PowerAuras etc.

Which are you able to read more confortably do you think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
    As allways, when it comes to buff/debuff, proc & cooldown tracking i suggest WeakAuras (or maybe Power Auras Classic). Imho WA is the better addon for the job. Take some time to get used to how the addon works and you will love it. I promise!
    ill definitely check that out ... where can i download it at? wowinterface doesnt seem to have it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 03:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    A UI compilation will as I often say be about compromises, where it is what someone else thinks you need.
    If you have spent the time already looking through a significant number as you seem to indicate, then I am not sure if we can help you much there.

However I do have other suggestions, first about individual addons.
    Dot-based classes will be needing some sort of timers for tracking the dots, and the format of those timers can vary quite dramatically from one to another.
    What we need to know is what sort of, or format of timers you can read comfortably.

Bars which are often horizontal and stacked on top of each other are provided by addons such as NeedToKnow, Ellipsis etc.
    Icons which will have placed in or near it a number counting down for the duration are provided by TellMeWhen, PowerAuras etc.

Which are you able to read more confortably do you think.
    I can do PowerAuras type timers comfortably i guess . .
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

WoWUiGallery.com, there are a lot of UIs that can serve as inspiration to your build.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Kepi View Post
    ill definitely check that out ... where can i download it at? wowinterface doesnt seem to have it.

---------- Post added 2011-08-29 at 03:29 AM ----------

download @Curse: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...weakauras.aspx

I would advice you to download RealUI from wowinterface.It is a minimalistic UI with a HUD in the center and it perfectly handle all your dots, procs,buffs in a very comfortable and easy way to see :P Also have a very easy and bug-free installiation process

and also because it is minimalistic you can play with it and add more addons if you like..for example I have added Ouf_Diablo to show my party frames because i liked it..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

WeakAuras is no doubt a good alternative to PowerAuras, and in many ways superior.
    I just advise PowerAuras due to a greater number of resources dedicated to it, and often including pre-made strings to import.