Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    It pretty much has to, one way or the other. It's a long process to file a trademark on something, not to mention it's illegal to have no itentions of using a trademarked item. The question is: What will MoP be? And what will it contain?

The key word in Chilton's description is "speculation," meaning our SPECULATION is what is over-hyped.

...meh... i should've left the MoP speculation tidbit out of the title and in the form of a small comment within my original post... seeing as now this tread will turn ito a "MOP is this/isnt this" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by halmotors View Post
    So you're an integral part of Blizzard's design team, then?
    Actually i'm not but Panda's are a Joke race and i'm 99% sure they wont build an expansion around a Joke race.
    Also anyone with Microsoft word could have made a fake Trademark.
    Sorry brah but it isn't happening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if you're wrong, just like I laughed at the countless of people who promised WotA was going to a raid
    So you laugh at Blizz? Because it was Blizzard that talked about WotA as a raid back in Blizzcon.

Deleted
    Does anyone remember if Blizzard tried to deny or in any way "bluff it up" when they registered the Wotlk trademark?

Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    Not really sure how on earth you got that from the quote :O
    Well if we assume MoP is where they're going, most of the people who have had negative reviews were because panda's were "too cute" and "a joke race"

With him saying "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."

He's saying that people have a negative view of pandaren because they've been portrayed jokingly and not in serious manner, but if they do go along with it that they'll try to be more serious about it and make the pandaren actually formidable in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Actually i'm not but Panda's are a Joke race and i'm 99% sure they wont build an expansion around a Joke race.
    ...Your reasoning is that they were a joke race?

Just this expansion we have been introduced with Tauren Paladins and Night Elf mages, and Troll Druids and Dwarf Shamans.

You, my friend, woefully underestimate the Blizzard Creative Development. They took 4 Death Knight abilities and wove 3 entire trees around them.

Deleted
    Pandas are not a joke race, they are part of the lore and even one of them was important of founding of Durotar.

The trademark IS on the US Trademark site, anyone can check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if you're wrong, just like I laughed at the countless of people who promised WotA was going to a raid
    It was actually said by Blizz that it was planned on being a raid.
    But they changed their mind.

Also anyone with Microsoft word could have made a fake Trademark go to any Trademark search website search for it and it does not pop up.
    If someone had made the trademark in Microsoft Word, the tech nerds on here would have been all over it like stink on shit. The fact that the incredibly skeptical people here on MMO-Champion haven't shown it to be a fake yet speaks pretty highly on it being legit. As for Pandaren being a joke race: how would that stop Blizzard from building an expansion around them? You must not have played WoW very long. If Blizzard wants to add X race into the game (playable or non-playable, doesn't matter), they're going to find a way to do it.

I'm glad you don't think it's a possibility for them to play a part in the next expansion, but you != everyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    ...Your reasoning is that they were a joke race?

Just this expansion we have been introduced with Tauren Paladins and Night Elf mages, and Troll Druids and Dwarf Shamans.
    What have that to do with "joke race"?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Pandas are not a joke race, they are part of the lore and even one of them was important of founding of Durotar.
    Sorry you misunderstood me, In WoW the panda's are a Joke race im not talking about their lore(trust me the pandaren are badass) Minipet's, etc

If someone had made the trademark in Microsoft Word, the tech nerds on here would have been all over it like stink on shit. The fact that the incredibly skeptical people here on MMO-Champion haven't shown it to be a fake yet speaks pretty highly on it being legit. As for Pandaren being a joke race: how would that stop Blizzard from building an expansion around them? You must not have played WoW very long. If Blizzard wants to add X race into the game (playable or non-playable, doesn't matter), they're going to find a way to do it.

I'm glad you don't think it's a possibility for them to play a part in the next expansion, but you != everyone else.
    Can't wait till this October when i'm correct and you're wrong Conversation over.

Deleted
    Sorry you misunderstood me, In WoW the panda's are a Joke race im not talking about their lore(trust me the pandaren are badass) Minipet's, etc
    WoW is not independent of Warcraft lore. What you just said is completelly void of a point.

Anyway, so the Deathwing fight does start at the Wyrmrest Temple. They are indeed following the TotA novel, but what is Deathwing doing at the ruins of Wyrmrest?

What have that to do with "joke race"?
    the only thing that does not make sense lore wise is NE Mages.
    all others had Famous lore related counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Persistence View Post
    Myrarr, I don't understand why you don't close this thread, as you closed a very similar thread just earlier today. Stick to what you do or don't do it at all, or else you look silly.
    If you don't think a thread should be kept over for various reasons, report it. Calling out a moderator in the thread when they're not actively engaged in the discussion doesn't get it locked any faster, and can potentially lead to an infraction for yourself for calling them out.

Can't wait till this October when i'm correct and you're wrong Conversation over.
    So you have no rebuttal to support ANY of your claims, then? Thanks for proving that your ass is doing all the talking.

So you laugh at Blizz? Because it was Blizzard that talked about WotA as a raid back in Blizzcon.
    The thing is that people kept claiming it after Boubouille said it wouldn't happen. And yes we laught at everyone who still doesn't believe what Bibi says. (And he was already long long long before the MoP trademark making remarks towards Pandaren not being an april's fool joke...I'm suspicious about everything he says now. I tell you he's Ghostcrawler's alter ego)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

WoW is not independent of Warcraft lore. What you just said is completelly void of a point.
    Are you serious? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA okay then i Guess Deathwing isn't in the lore, LK wasn't in there either i guess.

Deleted
    "... Chilton said the speculation was, "wildly overhyped." He added, "if you look at traditionally how we've handled that race it's been in those secondary products because we haven't realized it in the world. Most of the time when we do anything panda-related it's going to be a comic book or a figurine or something like that."
    Now that makes me think whole MoP will be really a separate game based for example on WoW movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    I wonder if the entire raid is just Deathwing in multiple phases, like 15 minute long and there's like 10 of them. Hurm.
    I don't know about it lasting 15 mins or what not, but it looks like it will be just Deathwing. But considering it will start at Wyrmrest, it could be possible that the Twilight father, Chromtus, and (insert random boss-guy/woman/thing) could come before... although that seems to be contradicted by the comment about achieving loot over the several phases we fight DW. All well, we'll find out sooner or later...

If you don't think a thread should be kept over for various reasons, report it. Calling out a moderator in the thread when they're not actively engaged in the discussion doesn't get it locked any faster, and can potentially lead to an infraction for yourself for calling them out.

So you have no rebuttal to support ANY of your claims, then? Thanks for proving that your ass is doing all the talking.
    Sir im not talking at all it's called Typing