Raid Lock Out Question?

As a 25 guild, we've been opposed to the cataclysm lock outs since the start. Even while they were being implemented in Wrath. We've come to terms that they're never going to be changed, and this isn't yet another thread to start QQing about it. Cause it will do nothing in honesty, It doesn't effect enough people for the change to be reverted.

However, I'm here asking today about the Heroic and normal lock outs of the same raid.

As i stated, we're a 25 guild, that often will go down to 10 man to knock off a boss quickly or for tries after normal raiding time on a progression boss. We just started heroic FL yesterday, and as group of 10, we can easily knock off Shannox, less so than in 25 sadly.

But my question is this.

We started 25 heroic last night, so we have been in and made attempts on a 25 heroic boss. We didn't kill it, and we went and killed a boss on 25 normal.
    Now tonight, we're continuing on 25 normal, But we're unclear on some of the lock out details (it's all so confusing no body really knows...right?) What we want to do, is after we've killed some Normal bosses in 25 tonight, we want to go into a 10 man, and make attempts at a boss in 10 heroic.

So would this cause a problem, as in where we as a 25 who have made attempts on a 25hc boss, would still be able to go into a 10 heroic and make attempts and kill a boss. I think myself, that you can do it this way, that we're wanting to. But you're not able to go from 10 heroic to 25 heroic, cause back in T11 we had an issue where we did a 10 HC boss and couldn't form the group for a 25 heroic due to saving.

Thanks for reading and any help you are able to offer.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go a bit into detail with the bosses. Specifically: when you attempted the 25 heroic boss last night, was there any other boss killed in the instance (in normal mode)? Or was it a fresh instance?

We started a fresh run, so 0/7 killed. We immediatly started on Heroic Shannox. which we didn't kill, then we went onto normal and killed Beth'tilac

and flip back and forth between 10m and 25m normal modes
    ex. you can split the raid into 2 10m raids and go kill baleroc on 10m normal since you are having troubles on 25m normal and then form back into and 25m to continue on with domo

but with heroic once you are saved to 10m heroic you cannot enter a 25m heroic instance
    ex. you kill heroic shannox on 10m and then try to enter 25m heroic FL it wont let you in

...my guild made this mistake with BoT the other night. We normally so sinestra on 10m since our 25m isnt really capable of doing it so we made the mistake of calling raid early then going to 25m heroic BoT to knock off halfus and V&T for laughs and giggles but then realized that we are no unable to do sinestra this week unless we feel like teaching the fight to the rest of the 25m raid

hope this helps you...i found it rather confusing but once it happens to ya then you remember it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Christhewak View Post
    We started a fresh run, so 0/7 killed. We immediatly started on Heroic Shannox. which we didn't kill, then we went onto normal and killed Beth'tilac
    if you were to go into 25m heroic now you will be saved to beth and will unable to do it and it will ask you if you want to get saved to the instance if you accept this then you will be saved to 25m heroic and will be unable to go into 10m heroic

Thanks for your answers, but i'm still somewhat confused... because after reading, and then checking for myself, i still get the feeling, that as Oneeyed just replied, i can accept the save in 10hc and it will be fine in there, but it will either be 10hc or 25hc we get saved too. cannot do both.

I just walked into firelands 10hc, and it asks if we want to be saved to 1/7
    I just walked into firelands 10 normal, and it doesn't ask anything and my instance lock says only beth'tilac defeated

i just walked into firelands 25hc, same as the 10 man
    i just walked into firelands 25 normal, instance lock again says only beth'tilac is down

The normal lock out, as in, 1 of 7 in 10 and 25 does not confuse me at all, that's the silly shared lock out system that we have to live with now.
    Last edited by Christhewak; 2011-09-01 at 04:19 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are good then. You can either do 10H or 25H this week, but only one of them. If you stick with 10H, you will be able to kill any bosses in either 10H or 25N for the week, without any issue (of course, can only kill each boss once).