Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[TV] Peter Dinklage wins emmy for Game of Thrones

Grats Peter Dinklage on his emmy for outstanding supporting actor in a drama serious. The whole show was great but I have to say in all reality I think Dinklage stole the spotlight from Sean Bean in Season 1. Very epic series if you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it. Based George R.R. Martin's Song of Fire and Ice.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

Song of Ice and Fire

Figured I'd get that in before the GRRM nerds showed up.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

10+ Year Old Account
    Deserved it without a doubt. See avatar for more.

Meh, Fire and Ice rolls off the tongue better, but yeah. My bad.
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor Sean Bean is forever destined to have the spotlight stolen from him. Awesome for Dinklage, he was amazing in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    Deserved it without a doubt. See avatar for more.
    Totally agree. Much of the series I was just like, when are they gonna get back to Tyrion's story?

10+ Year Old Account
    This restores a bit of my faith in the Emmy awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Poor Sean Bean is forever destined to have the spotlight stolen from him. Awesome for Dinklage, he was amazing in that role.
    Sean Bean needs to hire a new agent. Is he typecasted or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    Totally agree. Much of the series I was just like, when are they gonna get back to Tyrion's story?
    It was the same with the books. He has the best storyline in the entire series.

Sean Bean needs to not die in at least 1 film/show
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    Spoiler alert? Nah. If you've ever seen Sean Bean in anything, it's not much of a spoiler.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll let my avatar speak for my feelings about Dinklage's winning.

Happy to hear it. That man deserved the award so much.

Indeed. Grats to Peter!
    Last edited by jamlol; 2011-09-19 at 05:19 AM.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Well deserved and grats to him. Personally i don't take the Emmys too serious after they NOT ONCE even nominated The Wire for Best Drama Series.

Great to see him win as he is my favorite book and show character. Did an absolutely stellar job of actually being better than written tyrion.

Via Tumbler, re: the rest of the categories

'Tell Mad Men Winter is coming for them. Twenty thousand Game-of-Thrones fans marching south to find out if they really do shit Emmys.'

-
    I really can't wait for next season.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Araya View Post
    2 words, Richard Sharpe

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeleena View Post
    The whole show was great but I have to say in all reality I think Dinklage stole the spotlight from Sean Bean in Season 1.
    Dinklage stole nothing! Sean Bean is only put into "focus" as a ploy! *evil manical giggle!*