Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upset about a few personal things...

So today we went in and got rag so close for the first times. 15% wipe. My guild is honestly better than our progression says could probably be 2/7 hc or 3/7 hc if we had a serious core. The issue we've been having is we can not find 2 solid dps. We have to pug them literally every week and EVERY week they hold us back.

Now on the other side of the story there is this guild who is slightly worse than us but they have a core that shows up every week and they finally got rag down. Guess what happens...the mount drops and they get server first fire hawk to the dismay of the guild who has been having 5% heroic ragnaros wipes.

I honestly wouldn't care but the person who got the mount is a mage and is honestly a poor player. I raided with her once and had to kick her because of her terrible awareness and bad dps. I asked the guild leader to link the charts and she was pulling a measly 17k at the end of the fight -_-. The excuse the guild threw forth is that she was on traps. I myself am a mage and can tell you the traps do not lower your dps that much. At the end of phase 1 for my guild I was doing 30k and topping the charts while doing traps because if you know how to play a mage you would mage ward and take advantage of the traps.

So my main worry is that blizzard is making these achievements/mounts available to players who SHOULD NOT have them. That mount should be reserved for heroic ragnaros and players who honestly deserve it. Not some 17k dps mage who gets carried by her RL friends. I may be slightly upset because of my guilds misfortune with members but this is my honest opinion. Does anyone else agree with what I had to say?
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-09-05 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malixer View Post
    Does anyone else agree with what I had to say?
    Not really, no.

Seriously, are you just complaining because they have a better raid team? I don't understand what you're getting at.

And about the mage, if they feel like he or she should be carried, what is it to you?

I agree that a 17k dps mage does not deserve that mount, but imo. neither does a 40-50k dps mage unless he is atleast raidleading at the same time.

if your role as a mage is only to dps and do traps and nothing else, then you should be playing a more challenging class and not be complaining about other people.

Honestly its mostly me just being angry, yes, but I just get upset when bad players are rewarded.

This just sounds like selfish whining to be honest
    You are jealous that a guild that is better than yours killed a boss and that someone you don't like got a mount you wanted

That guild is none of your business and not worth getting upset about because it is not your guild

A portion of the raid team does not define it.
    The team as a whole does, and that is what got them a drop you didn't get.
    Your team was inferior to theirs.

Stop complaining because your guild was bettered by someone else who looked past the numbers or contributions of members as individuals, but instead looked at building a solid and dedicated team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why you're getting involved, if her guild decided to give it to her it's got nothing to do with you. How can you say your guild is better than theirs when your behind on progress and unable to recruit? That guild was able to recruit and keep there members.
    Last edited by Ohhai; 2011-09-05 at 03:22 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So your pretty much upset because normal mode rewards a 1% drop mount rate oppose to a 100% droprate within heroic and some 17k mage took it?

In this case I'll agree on the whole people should be pulling their own weight to be rewarded but hey that's just me but I don't understand why you want to get involved within this =/

How is this personal?

Why don't you whine about the shit players in your own guild rather than the one in a guild that's better than yours

Pulling their weight or not, you did not participate in their kill or contribute to it.
    Their decision pure and simple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    How is this personal?
    I was thinking the exact same thing
    And if you're so upset then why don't you just join another guild and stop crying?
    Last edited by mmoc055e301c2f; 2011-09-05 at 03:21 PM.

Yea you guys are right I am being selfish. I agree with you I am just being a little angry because of the situation. However I still stand by my stance that these bad players shouldn't be walking around with this mount. Take it back to Invincible's Reins where you had to down heroic LK to loot it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else agree with what I had to say?
    I don't. She was there, the mount drop. She has as much opportunity as every one else. Why do you or anyone else get to be the one who says what people do and do not deserve? Open rolls are open rolls. There are EPGP and DKP systems to determine, based on numerous things what loot people can get. How does someone's game-play/fun affect you? I don't get it.

Deleted
    So.. basically you're jealous?

That's all I'm reading..

Yea you guys are right I am being selfish. I agree with you I am just being a little angry because of the situation. However I still stand by my stance that these bad players shouldn't be walking around with this mount. Take it back to Invincible's Reins where you had to down heroic LK to loot it.
    1% drop chance on normal
    100% drop chance on heroic
    Guild are likely never going to see this mount again but they decided they wanted to give it to this player

It is none of your business and you should not care about this
    Stop being jealous and grow up, if you are that much better than this mage you can get one from heroic eventually

Personally I would've rolled on it then given it to the person I felt is a really good raider. Or maybe the RL cause he deals with so much crap and gives us a Braveheart speech each week.

somebody is pissed cause he wont have a unique mount/achiv to brag about... seriously heoric mode is whatlost the interest in wow or raiding for alote of people

abd maybe that other guild won it cause they have a better strategy then you ever think about that
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Deleted
    ...So my main worry is that blizzard is making these achievements/mounts available to players who SHOULD NOT have them.
    So basically, another guild that is better than you beat HC Rag before you, but didn't deserve to? To me it sounds like you're the one that doesn't deserve it at all. They killed him, they got the mount its that simple.

Who judges whether guilds/players should or should not have certain bits of loot? You? You sound like a green eyed demon to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    every guild has scrubs that get cool stuff

it's just a fact of life. get over yourself, it's a bunch of pixels and code.