New Computer - Final Check!

Hi guys, today I'll be ordering my new setup and I just wanted to make sure whether you see anything wrong with it or I'm good to go.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
    MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4,Z68, 4DDR3-1600, 2xSATA3, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, ATX
    RAM: ADATA GAMING 8GB KIT (2x4GB), 1600MHz DDR3, CL9, Radiator, XPG™
    VGA: GAINWARD GeForce GTX 570 1280MB DDR5/320bit DVI/HDMI PCI-E (750/3900) (ver. OC - GS Golden Sample)
    HDD: 2000GB/64MB WD Caviar Black
    SSD: SSD 60GB 2,5'', 3,5'' Vertex2 E 285/275 MB/s TRIM 50k IOPs
    Optical Drive: Lite-On Super AllWrite DVD+/-RW 24x, SATA, retail
    Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi Tower
    Power Supply: Corsair TX650 V2 80 PLUS Bronze, ATX 650W, EU version
    Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Cooler, s. 1155, 1156, 775, 1366, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1

I'll also use the new ASRock system, where you connect the SSD with the HDD in RAID 0 basically, it's called the Intel Smart Response technology and I've heard it's more reliable than SSD for OS + 1 Game and HDD for other storage, because you might soon run out of space thanks to updates, patches , etc. and the Intel Smart Response won't in that case. Anyone of you guys heard/used this technology ?

Thank you for checking things out and bringing something constructive to this thread.

P.S. I'll use a 27inch LED full HD Monitor with it so hopefully I can max out everything on the market pretty much ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything looks solid. Not sure about the quality of the RAM (a quick search showed mostly good things though).
    OCZ SSDs tend to have higher failure rate and I think you could get a crucial m4/corsair force for a bit higher, if not the same, price.
    Intel SRT is considered worth it (never used it myself, but looking forward to it.)

What's the resolution of the screen?

Full HD - 1900-1080 resolution. I kind of have the OCZ SSD already so I guess I have to take my chances ( crosses his fingers ). Thanks for looking over my build.

Deleted
    60 gigs for the SSD seems like a bit too low... Windows and most played games can fill 60 gigs easily. I would prefer either 80 or 120 gigs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zkeya View Post
    Everything looks solid. Not sure about the quality of the RAM (a quick search showed mostly good things though).
    OCZ SSDs tend to have higher failure rate and I think you could get a crucial m4/corsair force for a bit higher, if not the same, price.
    Intel SRT is considered worth it (never used it myself, but looking forward to it.)

What's the resolution of the screen?
    Agreed on the fact that OCZ SSDs fail quite a lot. IMO they aren't worth the money. I'd also suggest you get a better PSU. I'd recommend 750W-850W. 750w will be plenty though. Also the 570 GPU is fine, but the 560 TI is almost as good especially when overclocked. IMO I'd get a 560 Ti and then another down the line and run them in SLI. The 560 Ti is a very strong card to run SLI with. Plus it's about $100 cheaper than the 570 if I'm not mistaken.

Just an idea though. In fact I'd recommend you scrape the SSD and the 570 and grab two 560 Tis to run SLI with right now. That is if the mobo you're getting is compatible for it which I'd assume it is. Just imo.

Oh and yeah Corsair is the brand to go with when it comes to memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    60 gigs for the SSD seems like a bit too low... Windows and most played games can fill 60 gigs easily. I would prefer either 80 or 120 gigs
    That's because you're thinking that I'll be using an SSD for OS+Game(s) and the truth is I won't. I will be using the Intel Smart Response technology, which basically does a RAID 0 out of your SSD and HDD, so that the SSD is used as a "cache", therfore I won't run out of space, pretty much everything on the 2TB disk will open remarkabyl fast and I won't run out of space on the SSD.

Regarding the OCZ, as I said before I have already so I'm going to have to use it, since I don't have any leftover money to spend on a differend SSD. Thank you for the recommendadions of Crosair, next time I will definitely buy it!

10+ Year Old Account
    GTX570 will probably play everything at high/max setting on 1080p (saying probably because I'm not 100% sure).
    Check this thread for some more info on SRT (the SSD CAN run out of space but it's unlikely with a 60GB one).

Great Zkeya! Thanks for that thread, I'll look into it.

Deleted
    I and a few others i know have been haveing problems with our gainward gtx 570's (different versions tho: golden sample, none oc edition etc.) if you can try to stick with a MSI gtx 570 twin fozzr instead

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftbeatz View Post
    That's because you're thinking that I'll be using an SSD for OS+Game(s) and the truth is I won't. I will be using the Intel Smart Response technology, which basically does a RAID 0 out of your SSD and HDD, so that the SSD is used as a "cache", therfore I won't run out of space, pretty much everything on the 2TB disk will open remarkabyl fast and I won't run out of space on the SSD.
    pretty much everything will load open remarkably fast IF:
    *you have opened it before
    *its still on your SSD

There's a review on Anandtech about SRT, and in real-life it doesn't perform close to the SSDs on the market. It is a remarkable boost compared to a HDD though.http://www.anandtech.com/show/4329/i...ching-review/2

However, I can't see why you would put a mediocre solution in an absolutely higher-end machine like the one you're planning. Go down to a P67 board and use the difference in money to get a 120Gig SSD;???;Profit

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    in line with a sleeping bag for d3 beta and CE
    hmm chance the i5 for a cheap i7 and get more power out of it i7-950 or someting quadcore with ht ( hyper threading )
    but what system your gonna use win7 u x64?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaïchï View Post
    hmm chance the i5 for a cheap i7 and get more power out of it i7-950 or someting quadcore with ht ( hyper threading )
    but what system your gonna use win7 u x64?
    Dont, the intel core i5 2500k will tear the i7-950 to pieces.

Also a 650watts is plenty even for a gtx 570 setup, actually it is JUST possible to run with 2 gtx 570 in sli.

You'r fine useing that SSD for intel smart response, but they arn't the most reliable. (If you got higher then 64gb, you cant use intel smart response tech - keep that in mind)

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys, today I'll be ordering my new setup and I just wanted to make sure whether you see anything wrong with it or I'm good to go.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
    MoBo: ASRock Z68 Extreme4,Z68, 4DDR3-1600, 2xSATA3, DVI-D, HDMI, DP, ATX
    RAM: ADATA GAMING 8GB KIT (2x4GB), 1600MHz DDR3, CL9, Radiator, XPG™
    VGA: GAINWARD GeForce GTX 570 1280MB DDR5/320bit DVI/HDMI PCI-E (750/3900) (ver. OC - GS Golden Sample)
    HDD: 2000GB/64MB WD Caviar Black
    SSD: SSD 60GB 2,5'', 3,5'' Vertex2 E 285/275 MB/s TRIM 50k IOPs
    Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi Tower
    Power Supply: Corsair TX650 V2 80 PLUS Bronze, ATX 650W, EU version
    Cooler: Scythe Mugen 3 CPU Cooler, s. 1155, 1156, 775, 1366, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1
    How much extra are you playing for the 'gaming kit' RAM? Are you sure it is worth it?

Other thing to note, 1TB hard drive is slightly faster than 2TB one. Technically you'd be better off with two 1TB drives even if you don't want to raid0 them, they'd be faster. If you put them in raid0 array however, they'll be significantly faster, albeit costing you a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    How much extra are you playing for the 'gaming kit' RAM? Are you sure it is worth it?
    According to Newegg the kit he has mentioned is $69.99.

He could shave off a few bucks by going with a G-Skill Ripjaws X ($54.99) or a set of Corsair Vengeance ($52.99)

Both have the same speed, timing, and voltages, the only main difference is the Corsair set is low profile to give extra clearance for any CPU coolers you may want to use, as some taller RAM sticks will sit too high up). I've always personally been a fan of Corsair and I've never had any issues with anything I've ever bought from them, but the G-Skill DDR3 sets have been some of the best selling and best reviewed kits on Newegg.

You could save a few extra bucks by going for an OEM model instead of the retail. The only difference is you don't have a box to rip apart to get to your drive, and you won't get the the SATA cable that you should already have from your Motherboards kit.
    Last edited by Optochip; 2011-09-07 at 07:32 PM.