Thread: [TV] Terra Nova

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've seen all episodes so far and well... it is not the best show there is, but "Lost" - done; "Stargate" -cancelled; "Eureka" - cancelled... so it is the best I have so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

So, here is what I learned last night:

- Meteors are really deadly but man watch out for the emp it sets off.

- When out in the jungle with Dinos running around just throw some mud on you as they totally can't see you.

- If your near a spider just sing the "Go Away" song. It works every time.

I don't want to say it was boring or stupid or even bad the way FlashForward or the The Event was but they do need to give us a bit more action/drama then what we got last night. The last 15 minutes were okay but even the big payoff at the very end I was shaking my head as I thought they were going to give us a bit more information then what we got.

Ratings aren't out yet for last night. Last week's ratings was bad about 6 million watched it but it was Halloween and every show was down about 10%. Seriously, who's bright idea is to put on new episodes during Halloween. As a columnist on another website said the ratings wouldn't be so bad if it didn't cost so much money (4 million per episode).

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 03:37 PM ----------

So "Fast" ratings are in and 7.7 million people watched with a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 rating. Both numbers are third behind ABC and CBS. Compared to last week both are up but from it's last normal airing 3 weeks ago I beleive both are down slightly. Still it beat The Sing-Off and Gossip Girls.
    Last edited by Skippy88; 2011-11-08 at 04:44 PM.

[TV] Terra Nova Cliffhanger *spoilers*

At the end of the season finale, with the figurehead of a boat being found in the badlands, what do you think this is?!?!?

I think when in the future they opened the first portal to Terra Nova, it opened up other ones in the past because of it.

I myself haven't watched it (it's on my list of things to do so back off *cries*) but it will be interesting to see if they put out a season 2. It sounds like they will be making a decision sometime in January so that they have time to film and add in the special effects.

I think they're alluding to the Bermuda Triangle being another portal.

Anyways, I wish the finale was the pilot for the series. I had high hopes for this series... instead of focusing on the struggle of surviving on a prehistoric planet, they focused on the struggle between Terranova and the 6'ers... which is pretty boring. Hopefully now with them cut off from the future they will focus more on basic survival.

Deleted
    I think first jurassic park had a better looking dinosaurs than terra nova..

Jurassic Park

Vs.

Terra Nova

Ok its movie VS TV but hey JP 1993 and TN 2011. Its 18 years older and it still looking good. Im will watch Terra Nova anyway.. love dinos.. hope that those could be real.
    Last edited by mmoc5146b6238f; 2012-02-06 at 03:04 PM.

Seen all eps so far have to say its ok once you get into it. Nothing special though but its not bad it is good its just not awesome.

Deleted
    Its ok, Sci-Fi is very short on the ground, its bubblegum family entertainment with the scripts written on napkins..

But did they go 85 million years in the pass or future? the last episode they found some old artifact thing

it failed me horribly, was very interested, but after watching s1 i'm disappointed... too much kiddy-like to be entertaining, sad... it had so much potential. pretty sure it will be canceled due to alcatraz and touch getting tons more views.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was an O.K. show. Nothing special, but I did enjoy watching it. Would have wished for a bit more dinosaurs, little less other stuff, but you can't please everyone 100%. All in all, I hope for a season 2.
    Goochy

Quote Originally Posted by Goochy View Post
    It was an O.K. show. Nothing special, but I did enjoy watching it. Would have wished for a bit more dinosaurs, little less other stuff, but you can't please everyone 100%. All in all, I hope for a season 2.
    Still haven't heard anything unfortunately. All reports suggested they needed to make a decision by January so they have time for the special effects. I won't say it's over but it's not looking good.

Deleted
    I watched the first two episodes with high-hopes; the idea sounded kinda cool. Didn't watch anymore after that. Some of the stuff people did made me shout at the TV: "why are you doing that, you moron!?".

Deleted
    I watched the series. Got to tell you I think it was great. I hope it continues, but as far as I know there hasn't been any decisions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    - Meteors are really deadly but man watch out for the emp it sets off.
    http://www.aero.org/conferences/plan...usek-Paper.pdf

Possible, not sure the episode meteor was big enough (or exploded in the atmosphere...) but there's a chance.

- When out in the jungle with Dinos running around just throw some mud on you as they totally can't see you.
    They didn't like the smell of the mud, that's what apparently kept them away. Plus scent covering is a real thing for hunting:

http://www.gamecalls.net/huntingprod...verscents.html

- If your near a spider just sing the "Go Away" song. It works every time.
    There wasn't actually a spider, she was scared there might be so Dad came up with a white lie about a song that could keep them away.

Not meaning to be a pedant but I watched the whole series recently and really enjoyed it, I don't think it holds a candle to some of the better but cancelled sci fi shows we're had recently but it's enjoyable really hoping it gets a second season

Well, yesterday Fox opted not to renew it so unless another network picks it up it's all but cancelled.

Well, yesterday Fox opted not to renew it so unless another network picks it up it's all but cancelled.
    *sad-face*

Deleted
    Personally i really enjoyed watching it, it was the only thing that i could watch in the rec-room without getting bored to death... I'm looking at you COUNTDOWN.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I'm surprised. It was decent, but probably cost too much money for a basic cable station. Considering the quality of what cable puts out it's hard for network television to compete.

Deleted
    I think if you changed the direction of the show, maybe nuked all the kids and made it more about a group exploring the planet, then it would have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by MorTvicR View Post
    I think if you changed the direction of the show, maybe nuked all the kids and made it more about a group exploring the planet, then it would have worked.
    If they would make it more lost/survival like or something then it might of been interesting, but having it family oriented really made it a boring piece of work. I have no qualms or sadness to see it being cancelled.
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"