Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ok so I was wondering what's that part with Smoldering Essences, I can`t find it on WoWHead, can someone post the link to that quest?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorguy View Post
    Its ok because in the hardcore raiding community we all recognize 10m as not being equivalent as 25m. So if ever there was a World First 10m kill of Say Deathwing it would be such a lul fest. Until the 25m get the real kill. Same thing as Normal and heroic encounters no one cares about reg kills its all about heroic content.
    A first kill is a first kill. Quit your butthurt whining and ego stroking, focus on your own group instead of wondering what everyone else is doing, them doing better or worse on bosses doesn't affect your progress.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DraconusIX View Post
    This isridiculous. Now 25 man heroics will have 2.5x as many players with the 391 staff, but will be getting the completed staff at the same rate as 10 mans nearly. 9-10 essence is way to big of a nerf in comparison to 10 mans. Now a guild that runs 3 10 mans will have 3 staves in the time a 25 man guild gets 1. GG. This is really freaking fair. Another reason 25 man raiding is going to die because casual scrubs demand access to the same legendaries at nearly the same rate as 25 man heroics. nearly every caster will have this legendary in 10 man raids, while maybe 1/3 of casters will have it in 25s.

Total essence per week should be the same between 25 and 10 man guilds (right now its .7 essence / raider in 10s, .38 / raider in 25s). Way to ----- go.
    Because this was the way to go, amirite? 25s already had quite an advantage prior to the nerf. I know that, on Horde side at least, one guild already has 2 of the staff and working on their 3rd (with a second horde guild well into on their second). 10-man really was getting the shaft, and I'm happy that Blizzard has changed their mind somewhat on the nerf.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    10 man guilds usually need help so this is a step in the right direction (im in a 10 man guild)
    because it's still faster doing it in 25man, more so with 3 people on it

Is Smoldering Essences = Seething Cinder for that quest? http://www.wowhead.com/quest=29270 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    A first kill is a first kill. Quit your butthurt whining and ego stroking, focus on your own group instead of wondering what everyone else is doing, them doing better or worse on bosses doesn't affect your progress.
    To you it may be first because you "casually" play this game. but to those of us that actually like competition it will not be recognized. No amount of disagreeing will change that.

Picture is Armory.

25-player heroic has 44% lower drop rates in phase 3 relative to 4.2 launch.25-player normal remains unchanged from 4.2 launch.so there basically the same now then ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    To you it may be first because you "casually" play this game. but to those of us that actually like competition it will not be recognized. No amount of disagreeing will change that.
    Nice strawman. I'd waste time explaining why you're wrong on several fronts, but being blinded by your ego means you wouldn't comprehend the logic. It's irrelevant though, change has been made, deal with it.

Excellent decision by Blizzard. The across the board nerf penalised 10 man guilds (who were already much further behind on the questline) far too heavily. It's still more beneficial to run a 25 man raid, but no longer so crippling to run a 10 man raid. I'm glad reason won out on this.
    Last edited by Pasture; 2011-09-08 at 09:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I'm glad they actually decided to help out the 10 man guilds here.

Deleted
    Im thrilled at this it wasnt fair on 10 man guilds who wanted to be just 10 man
    Hopefully now it will balance things out

Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Nice strawman. I'd waste time explaining why you're wrong on several fronts, but being blinded by your ego means you wouldn't comprehend the logic. It's irrelevant though, change has been made, deal with it.
    Exactly irrelevant, glad i dont have to make the staff. I'm sure our casters will love the change though.

Picture is Armory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda happy they made this "Re-change" Not to be selfish on this matter but after the hollidays our guild have i personally was already behind on this, and now this week i have gotten 3 essence on each heroic kill we had and it would have taken us 10 more week to finally make the first Changing the Embers would have been better from the beginning (weeks ago) so it would take a little bit more time for them to be collected or something like it. Anyways, *happy panda dance*

Deleted
    I'm: 1) Amazed that they actually listened to player feedback 2) Disappointed that they put so little thoguht in to hotfixes that they didn't realise what sort of backlash there would be in the first place

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly irrelevant, glad i dont have to make the staff. I'm sure our casters will love the change though.
    You can still get about 4 in 25 in the time it takes to get 1 in 10 man.

It was kind of silly if the 10 man nerf remained. Most 10 mans first legendary wouldn't be completed until December?

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you're so hooked on competition, getting your first Sinestra kill 2 days ago is a bit late isn't it?

Competitive guilds killed Rag already.

Deleted
    As i commented when i saw the horrible nerf for drop chances i will comment again here, SEOMTHING GOOD FOR 10 MAN CHEERS BLIZZ LUV YAAA !

I think Blizzard have a resident crazy man hidden in secret passages, doing random changes based in no math at all.
    And they just let him loose, out of amusement. Because EVERY SINGLE TIME they revert and correct those preposterous alterations.

Deleted
    Good job blizzard! <- Positive feedback that you are actually listen to your playerbase and take actions!
    Last edited by mmoc80dbf3c0c8; 2011-09-08 at 09:21 PM.