Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    What is everyones favorite mega pokemon?

Mine is obviously Mega banette but until they fix prankster in conjunction with mega evolving I will be forever sad.
    +1 for Mega Banette. Not only does it have an interesting ability, but I think it's design is perfect, easily the best design out of all the megas.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    +1 for Mega Banette. Not only does it have an interesting ability, but I think it's design is perfect, easily the best design out of all the megas.
    If only prankster worked on the turn it mega evolves

:'(
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Hmm for mega banette would

Pain split
    Will o wisp
    Destiny bond
    shadow sneak

Be good? My concern is of pain split and how reliable it would be or if I should drop it for like confuse ray or something.
    I run
    - Confuse Ray
    - Shadow Claw
    - Taunt
    - Sucker Punch

Also, a gooey goodra on the team and lead smeargle with sticky webs. Really helps make up for it's speed. Mega Banette works dually as a spin blocker for the hazards too

- - - Updated - - -

If only prankster worked on the turn it mega evolves

:'(
    Ya, it has something to do with the turn order being calculated before you mega evolve, that's why megas don't get their speed change on the first turn.

I run
    - Confuse Ray
    - Shadow Claw
    - Taunt
    - Sucker Punch

Also, a gooey goodra on the team and lead smeargle with sticky webs. Really helps make up for it's speed.
    I wanted mine to be a melee crusher (hence will o wisp) and destiny bond + prankster is just amazing, shadow sneak or sucker punch with base 165 attack is pretty good. The only thing I'm not sure about is pain split...

Deleted
    Hmm for mega banette would

Pain split
    Will o wisp
    Destiny bond
    shadow sneak

Be good? My concern is of pain split and how reliable it would be or if I should drop it for like confuse ray or something.
    Hmm yeah Pain Split... I might actually give Mega Banette another try after realizing this, I believe it could work.

Ya, it has something to do with the turn order being calculated before you mega evolve, that's why megas don't get their speed change on the first turn.
    No other mega evo has its ability delayed though and some can take advantage of 2 on the same turn (mawile with intimidate). Mega gengar doesn't count because pokemon switch before anything else begins.

This is like the biggest over site ever...

I wanted mine to be a melee crusher (hence will o wisp) and destiny bond + prankster is just amazing, shadow sneak or sucker punch with base 165 attack is pretty good. The only thing I'm not sure about is pain split...
    I like prankster for confuse ray and taunt, although if you don't want to rely on hax, ww is a suitable replacement. I take sucker punch for priority and shadow claw for stab to abuse it's massive 165 atk. Shadow Sneak is good too because of it's speed, but I run sticky webs on my team.

Deleted
    Hahahahaha. Do I even have to say which is my fav Mega? ;D

Now is 165 base attack enough? Do I need to go full 252 attack to make it useful? Or would that be over kill?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Hahahahaha. Do I even have to say which is my fav Mega? ;D
    Um... mega frolaligator?

No other mega evo has its ability delayed though and some can take advantage of 2 on the same turn (mawile with intimidate). Mega gengar doesn't count because pokemon switch before anything else begins.

This is like the biggest over site ever...
    No other mega has prankster. Mega Banette is in an interesting situation because the game decides which pokemon is moving first before the mega evo happens. As I said earlier, it's why megas don't get their change in speed on the first turn.

Deleted

Um... mega frolaligator?
    Woah. It is sure long time since hypetrain. Lot's of people forgot him. oO

Deleted
    At the moment Mega Mawile, they did everything right with it. Boosts to both defenses, slight increase to atk and freaking huge power. And fairy typing works wonders with steel.

No other mega has prankster. Mega Banette is in an interesting situation because the game decides which pokemon is moving first before the mega evo happens. As I said earlier, it's why megas don't get their change in speed on the first turn.
    But prankster should kick in regardless of the time of the turn. :l

Not the speed stat but the ability.

Now is 165 base attack enough? Do I need to go full 252 attack to make it useful? Or would that be over kill?

- - - Updated - - -

Um... mega frolaligator?
    Oh ya, I put 252 into attack and hp to crush souls. If you want an offensive pokemon, always put into your offensive stat. That being said, trick room is also an option.

- - - Updated - - -

But prankster should kick in regardless of the time of the turn. :l

Not the speed stat but the ability.
    You get your ability after you mega evolve, and the game decides who goes first before that happens, prankster or no

You get your ability after you mega evolve, and the game decides who goes first before that happens, prankster or no
    I know

I am saying the game should take into account prankster regardless of the time of the turn.

- - - Updated - - -

kricketune gets sticky web

hmm

I know

I am saying the game should take into account prankster regardless of the time of the turn.

- - - Updated - - -

kricketune gets sticky web

hmm
    I'm not agreeing with the system, I think it is lame that it doesn't work first turn, but I am just saying why it happens.
    Sticky webs didn't make ariados relevant, it won't make kricketune relevant. Galvantula works because it was a halfway decent pokemon with good speed, usable sp atk, good typing, good movepool, and a good ability in compound eyes (thunder for days)

- - - Updated - - -

It is my theory that we will get mega evos for Swampert and Sceptile in the inevitable hoenn remakes. They have given pokemon new forms mid generation before, I think there would be no better time to give them their mega evos.

Deleted
    I hope Electivire gets a mega someday

mega serperior kkthx ability Contrary
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I hope Electivire gets a mega someday
    ..please...
    Sceptile:

10+ Year Old Account
    My fave has to be Charizard Y,its a great improvement on its design without altering it to much

Also can there be more mega evolutions? i thought they were only native to Kalos