Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Im sure they could figure out a genned pokemon. You cannot figure out a cloned pokemon of a legit pokemon because its an exact copy. For example, take this text. Copy it. Then paste it. Can you tell the difference between the original text and the new copied text?
    You sure? Maybe you should go work for nintendo. Or maybe you're just smarter than all of us. The DS was hacked, and could be manipulated to generate pokemon with any traits. As long as those traits are available in-game (no matter how low the odds), nintendo can't really check much when you upload them to pokebank. Please explain how you would check that? Illegal things, like pokemon with moves it can never learn, etc.? Sure, those can/should be kept from the game. Like that lvl 1 gengar screenshot that got through pokebank should have been blocked. Legal though? I have no clue how they would see the difference.

Except, it didn't speed anything up. I was already at the phase where I had two perfect parents. It didn't speed up the time it took to hatch the eggs, or the time it took for one to generate as a shiny, or speed up the process of having the correct nature instead of having to grind out the ability capsule. It helped literally nothing about the egg.
    So you had a 6IV foreign pokemon parent as well? Honestly confused why you still used the ditto then.

That is nothing like pokemon. A boss suddenly poping up at 10% hp that you hacked is a hacked. You generated him at 10% hp. You, not the game, You. The egg was not generated by me, it was generated with all of its traits by the game. Not me. I had no control over it being shiny, its ivs (which were chosen), its gender, or its trait. I had control over its nature via everstone, and its species via using a female.
    Apart from what apearantly is just a completely stupid situation (you claiming to have 2 6/6 IV parents, one of them being foreign, and still using a hacked ditto), you speed up the game by using hacked pokemon. Even if you didn't hack the pokemon yourself, you got a hack from someone. And you use it to have to play less time on average to obtain what you want. That is a hack, period, and similar to my WoW example.
    Whether you speed up a game by 1% or by 99% by use of 3rd party programs, it's a hack. 1% isn't a lot, but it's still a hack. The only way it's not a hack is if you are at 0%, anything else in between is just you putting an arbitrary number of "speeding up by x% is fine because it suits my argument". The only absolute values with regards to the discussion are either "affected by hack" or "not affected by hack".

Edit: @ your ditto. It's shiny with 6 perfect IV's? Assuming friend safari is 1/1024 odds of finding a shiny, and guaranteed 2 perfect IV's and rest random... Chances of finding that is 1:1,073,741,824. So yeah, 1 in over a billion. It's a clone from a genned pokemon, or a genned pokemon. Odds of it being legit in any shape or form is so ridiculously low, scienctists would consider it as being non-existing.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2014-01-25 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    So you had a 6IV foreign pokemon parent as well? Honestly confused why you still used the ditto then.
    5iv. Used the ditto because as you can tell, i don't consider it hacked. Did it in the off chance attack was chosen. Simply so itd look better if I ended up using it as nothing more then trading fodder.

And you use it to have to play less time on average to obtain what you want.
    Im sorry, but how did this make it less time? Lets ignore ivs for a second. Assume I was just after the shiny, which I was. How did this make me play less time then on average then when I would have used my 3iv korean ditto or my 5iv male in the same egg group? I also never said I had 2 six ivs, that the mother was six iv. The father was 5iv. I already had to breed the 6iv female without the ditto using the 5iv male. So even putting ivs back into the situation, this didn't speed up the process one bit in the hunt for a shiny with a good nature, good ivs (could have easily chosen attack and missed special attack), and correct gender.

That is a hack, period, and similar to my WoW example.
    Find another example, because the wow one cannot be tied into pokemon or this situation.

Whether you speed up a game by 1% or by 99% by use of 3rd party programs, it's a hack. 1% isn't a lot, but it's still a hack. The only way it's not a hack is if you are at 0%, anything else in between is just you putting an arbitrary number of "speeding up by x% is fine because it suits my argument". The only absolute values with regards to the discussion are either "affected by hack" or "not affected by hack".
    The time it took to hatch it was not affected by a hack. Again, how did this alter the rate at which the eggs hatched, what stats were chosen, the time already spent on breeding the mother to be perfect, or effect the rate at which it took me to find the correct shiny value? It didn't alter it or make the process any faster. If it did, please, tell me how it made me hatch a shiny with perfect gender and trait faster? Ignore all ivs because I already had that.

Deleted
    You say you had the option of 2 legit parents that IV/nature/etc.-wise wouldn't make a difference, yet you opted to go for the route of a hacked pokemon. That makes no sense to me. It's like completing the kalos dex fully legit, and then hacking an oval charm in your bags. Wtf.
    Even IF it didn't speed up or alter things for you specifically, it will still do so for most people that use one of those 6IV ditto's. And given your previous posts, you seem to be of the idea that even then (assuming they don't even have a second parent, let alone a good one), it's still not a hack. I'll just quote one of them:
    And that is where the time spent comes in. The pokemon created by the device created by hacking and programming are illegal. They were created in no time at all. The breed pokemon of a clonned pokemon could take hours, days even of actually Playing the game. Using a everstone to ensure nature, using a destiny knot to ensure ivs. Checking over and over again the ivs of the babys to ensure the mother is of the best IV possible for breeding the one you want. Going to pokemon =/= the time and work put into breeding by any means. You don't even have to play the game to gen a good pokemon.
    This is where your "speeding up by x% is fine because it suits my argument" comes from.

10+ Year Old Account

Lets stop fighting who wants a 4IV Adamant Technician Scyther 100% homebred from FS Ditto's and pain and tears so everyone can take one

You say you had the option of 2 legit parents that IV/nature/etc.-wise wouldn't make a difference, yet you opted to go for the route of a hacked pokemon.
    Assumed hacked. But yes, because like I said, I was assuming the worst and that it would just end up as trading fodder.

Even IF it didn't speed up or alter things for you specifically, it will still do so for most people that use one of those 6IV ditto's. And given your previous posts, you seem to be of the idea that even then (assuming they don't even have a second parent, let alone a good one), it's still not a hack. I'll just quote one of them:

This is where your "speeding up by x% is fine because it suits my argument" comes from.
    It depends. If we are going purely on ivs alone, it could speed it up. By how much, no one knows since even using a destiny knot, its all rng. They could get a 5iv perfect pokemon in the first egg. They could take hours just for it to finally hit that sweet spot with ivs. No one knows by how much, if any, it would speed up the process. Even then, if they are ignoring ivs, natures, all of that, it still speeds up nothing. The only advantage a 6iv ditto has is to those who want better ivs faster. Its still not going on some website and clicking a few buttons and then Bam, insta perfect pokemon without even playing the game. They still went out to catch the mother, or trade for it, and still had to do the breeding and manual work. The egg and everything about it was still generated by the game with no outside influence. Even the species had no outside influence.

Deleted
    It depends. If we are going purely on ivs alone, it could speed it up. By how much, no one knows since even using a destiny knot, its all rng. They could get a 5iv perfect pokemon in the first egg. They could take hours just for it to finally hit that sweet spot with ivs. No one knows by how much, if any, it would speed up the process. Even then, if they are ignoring ivs, natures, all of that, it still speeds up nothing. The only advantage a 6iv ditto has is to those who want better ivs faster. Its still not going on some website and clicking a few buttons and then Bam, insta perfect pokemon without even playing the game. They still went out to catch the mother, or trade for it, and still had to do the breeding and manual work. The egg and everything about it was still generated by the game with no outside influence. Even the species had no outside influence.
    That pretty much describes "Hacking by x% is fine, hacking by x+y% is not fine" indeed. Whether a 1% hack or 99% hack, still a hack. Period. Don't see how you can argue it's not tbh. Whatever line you want to draw percentage-wise is just completely arbitrary. The only clear line is the absolute one, 0% or not 0%.

Deleted
    Got a few 4-5 IV Nest Ball Bulbasaurs with 4 Egg Moves up for graps, the 5 IV's are 31/31/x/31/31/31 and 31/31/0/31/31/31, 4 IV's could be anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegislash View Post
    Got a few 4-5 IV Nest Ball Bulbasaurs with 4 Egg Moves up for graps, the 5 IV's are 31/31/x/31/31/31 and 31/31/0/31/31/31, 4 IV's could be anything.
    They english I suppose? :x

Deleted
    They english I suppose? :x
    Correct, sorry :<

Deleted
    No problem. Still looking for a foreign male parent 5IV from grass group, that's why I asked.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmm. I got a second DS and both pokemon x and y. If I restart my game on x, can I chose for example french and then start breeding/getting pokemon with french tag? Or would I need to reset language on DS too? Or does that not work at all and is the game language-locked wrt pokemon-tags?

That pretty much describes "Hacking by x% is fine, hacking by x+y% is not fine" indeed. Whether a 1% hack or 99% hack, still a hack. Period. Don't see how you can argue it's not tbh. Whatever line you want to draw percentage-wise is just completely arbitrary. The only clear line is the absolute one, 0% or not 0%.
    In the way of ivs, there is no absolute 0%. It may or may not have made a difference. The destiny knot is random. It may choose all female, or all male. There is no way of telling. In the way of shiny, its 0%. Nothing at all can increase the rate at which you have a chance to find a shiny other then two things. Using a foreign parent, and using a shiny charm. Getting a foreign parent is easy. Put up a ditto from a safari and soon, youll have a foreign ditto. So, ivs, its not absolute 0%. Especially when you could get lucky without a destiny knot and get a 6iv instantly from the game. in terms of shiny, it is absolute 0%.

Deleted
    In the way of ivs, there is no absolute 0%. It may or may not have made a difference. The destiny knot is random. It may choose all female, or all male. There is no way of telling. In the way of shiny, its 0%. Nothing at all can increase the rate at which you have a chance to find a shiny other then two things. Using a foreign parent, and using a shiny charm. Getting a foreign parent is easy. Put up a ditto from a safari and soon, youll have a foreign ditto. So, ivs, its not absolute 0%. Especially when you could get lucky without a destiny knot and get a 6iv instantly from the game. in terms of shiny, it is absolute 0%.
    I know how RNG works, thanks for reminding me though I guess? Using some extreme examples what could happen is completely irrelevant and I have no clue how you think they form an argument. All you need to do is look at the average that gets affected. Breeding with a 6IV foreign ditto will result in a lot stronger pokemon on average than with a random other parent. Could be weaker, could be stronger, but on average it's definitly going to be stronger. If it wouldn't be, and it'd be all random, nobody would use those ditto's. There's a reason they're used: average time gain. Sorry but you're just grasping at straws here.

I know how RNG works, thanks for reminding me though I guess? Using some extreme examples what could happen is completely irrelevant and I have no clue how you think they form an argument. All you need to do is look at the average that gets affected. Breeding with a 6IV foreign ditto will result in a lot stronger pokemon on average than with a random other parent. Could be weaker, could be stronger, but on average it's definitly going to be stronger. If it wouldn't be, and it'd be all random, nobody would use those ditto's. There's a reason they're used: average time gain. Sorry but you're just grasping at straws here.
    On average yes, but you could also be unlucky. My other point remains, in the time spent for a shiny, it changes nothing. The only thing the ditto helps is getting the ivs a little faster, assuming you didn't already have that. It doesn't help with trait, nature, or species. You still have to provide all that. Im not grasping at any straws. I said that we cannot be sure, and we can't. In a perfect world yes, on average it would help. We don't live in a perfect world though. We live in a world where it is all random. You nor I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it will on average make stronger pokemon. We can only assume it will.

Was a cool discussion with ya Derpette. Im off to bed now though. I hope the pokebank comes out and Well cant get it and it just stares, mocking him!
    Last edited by Zantos; 2014-01-25 at 03:03 PM.

Deleted
    Ofcourse you're grasping at straws. "I realize the difference in the long run on average is so huge but OH MY GOD I COULD BE REALLY LUCKY OR UNLUCKY!"
    That's not an argument, sorry. If it wouldn't be beneficial, it wouldn't be used. It's used, so it's beneficial (and not exactly hard to see how and why). RNG is part of the game yes, but using a hacked pokemon to push the RNG in your favor (and quite heavily) is still a manipulation of the game, despite the RNG not going away completely.

I have been thinking about a possible team, created with some of my favourite 'mons, and I came up with this.

Galvantula - Focus Sash
    Compoundeyes
    Timid // 4Hp, 252SpA, 252Spe
    Volt Switch
    Thunder
    Sticky Web
    Bug Buzz

Feraligatr - Mystic Water
    Torrent
    Adamant // 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Aqua Jet
    Waterfall
    Swords Dance
    Crunch

MegaVenusaur - Venusaurite
    Overgrow > Thick Fat
    Modest // 252 Hp, 252 SpA, 4 SpD
    Synthesis
    Giga Drain
    Sludge Bomb
    Sleep Powder

Slowbro - Leftovers
    Regenerator
    Bold // 252 Hp, 252 Def, 4 SpD
    Scald
    Slack Off
    Psyshock
    Calm Mind

Honchkrow - Life Orb
    Moxie
    Adamant // 4 Hp, 252 Atk, 252 Spe
    Sucker Punch
    Brave Bird
    Roost
    Pursuit

Excadrill - Air Balloon
    Mold Breaker
    Adamant // 128 Hp, 128 Atk, 252 SpD
    Earthquake
    Rapid Spin
    Rock Slide
    Swords Dance

The plan is to get Galvantula out and set up SW to help my other not-so-fast pokémons. Then, Volt Switch to the appropriate counter or resistor of opponent's lead. I've got Slowbro and Mega Venusaur covering defenses, and my other pokémons can all sweep if I manage to get a couple boosts, be it Swords Dance or Moxie. Apart from boosts, my pokemon have recovery as well, with MegaSaur being the prime example. Excadrill cleans my side, not letting Galvantula and Honchkrow get their speed down and threatens the other trainer while at it. Talonflame and Aegislash, two of the main threats, are to be countered by Slowbro and Excadrill respectively. What do you think about it? Any clear downfalls?

PD: I'd love one of those Bulbasaurs
    FC: 3497-1179-1801 // Gamboa
    Friend Safari - Ice: Spheal, Bergmite, ?

Deleted
    They are Calm Nature though, so you have to breed the Nature you want for yourself.

Power down, forgot to save. Half a box of fine Bulbasaurs gone.

Last edited by mmoc2b968f23cc; 2014-01-25 at 03:30 PM.

They are Calm Nature though, so you have to breed the Nature you want for yourself.
    Dont worry, I'm not terribly sure about modest yet and either way I can breed, so it's alright. Getting online. Would you like a 5IV Totodile in return? Something special?

Deleted
    I like how Magmortar has a little bit of animated fire in its shoulders & tail

Power down, forgot to save. Half a box of fine Bulbasaurs gone.

Oh shit. Sorry!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurien View Post
    Oh shit. Sorry!
    It's okay! Any good IV'd Male pokémon will do. Or maybe a 3 IV Ditto. Can always use the latter. Will breed you a new batch asap.