Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Does anybody else find the name Bidoof just weird?
    He's beyond weird he is now a classic symbol of derp, the pinnacle of hm slaves. He sort of reminds me of how people felt about Magikcarp in gen1.

and with all you peeps talking about it I might as well throw my 2cents in. If you played gen1 you were most likely a little kid and nostalgia is very real. I'm not saying Gen 1 is better but like most people you probably had a better time playing the game, there was nothing like Pokemon at the time. It's the reason we see so many Vanilla/BC was the best expansion posts.
    Last edited by Volitar; 2013-06-18 at 11:20 PM.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    go-to pokemon:
    don't underestimate this adorable war machine of death and agony
    It will be tickling you before you even notice
    If you grab the one on Route 5 with Skill Link, woe onto your foes.

Cinccino was one of my favorite pokemon in Black 2.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Now, I don't care if there's people who haven't played past Gen 1 or 2, what really bothers me is when people start saying stupid shit like "GEN ONE IS THE BEST GEN AND ALL THE NEW POKEMON LOOK STUPID!!!" and then criticize something like Garbador or the ice cream cone one as though Gen 1 didn't have its own share of stupid ones. They also won't even give any of the newer gens a chance and also act like pokemon is for kids, etc etc.
    Every generation has it's derps, that generation happened to be the ice cream pokemon and Bidoof.

Incidentally I used to think the way you describe, but I changed my mind and realized the goofy ones in first gen when I was a kid were not recognizable to me because I was a kid.
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2013-06-18 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Every generation has it's derps, that generation happened to be the ice cream pokemon and Bidoof.
    They're not from the same generation though.

And it doesn't matter what kind of Pokemon they release. Nothing will ever be as bad as Voltorb.

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    They're not from the same generation though.

And it doesn't matter what kind of Pokemon they release. Nothing will ever be as bad as Voltorb.
    I think Electrode/Voltorb is better than the ice cream. Nothing is wrose than the ice cream!

P.S Tangela is the worst 1st gen Pokemon (I best most of you forgot he even existed!)
    Hi Sephurik

Deleted
    How anyone can like anything other then a Blastoise is beyond me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I think Electrode/Voltorb is better than the ice cream. Nothing is wrose than the ice cream!

P.S Tangela is the worst 1st gen Pokemon (I best most of you forgot he even existed!)
    Huh? I find Tangela to be okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

At least the Ice cream has a design. Quite a good one at that. Voltorb is just a fucking ball.

Lol yeah he is very plain and poorly designed but the Ice Cream is literally an Ice Cream Cone. I would say being a two colored ball is better than being an Ice Cream Cone.
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    Blaziken is fugly, you guys are crazy.
    My shiny Blaziken on my FR begs to differ!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the Ice cream has a design. Quite a good one at that. Voltorb is just a fucking ball.
    Ditto's just a blob!
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Ditto's just a blob!
    so are muk and grimer. Pidgey is a pigeon. Ekans a snake. Rattata a rat. There's lots that are either very plain or just dumb in gen 1 just like any gen lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah know what ive read this thread a lot, ive enjoyed its content and I feel I can finally say this with pride and only a little shame

*ahem*

I LIKE ZUBAT!

*sniffle* I feel so much better

*makes his zubat confuse ray ALL THE POKEMANS*

No joke about this story:

Back in Gen 1 there was a trainer who wanted a ditto (I believe) for a tangela. I was looking at tangela like... tan-gel-a? Is this some new jelly cube pokemon? So I'm getting myself phsyc up trying to find a fucking ditto so I can get this jelly pokemon I imagined it a pink cube with arms and legs.

Well I got the tangela and thought I am a moron.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 01:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hikidoki View Post
    yeah know what ive read this thread a lot, ive enjoyed its content and I feel I can finally say this with pride and only a little shame

*ahem*

I LIKE ZUBAT!

My first shiny was a green zubat. Caught it during the Hoen generation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never even seen a shiny other than the red gyarados

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    The only legit shiny I've caught is Mienfoo in White. I've seen Spinarak and Pinsir too but I didn't manage to catch those.
    Last edited by mmoc5b3bf16116; 2013-06-19 at 05:08 PM. Reason: forgot a word haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikidoki View Post

*ahem*

I LIKE ZUBAT!

Zubat is cool. Crobat is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Never even seen a shiny other than the red gyarados

Well, I also have the Shiny Haxorus and Gible you get in Black 2. So there's that.

Still haven't caught a single "legit"shiny though.

Deleted
    I don't really have a go to Pokemon, I like a bit of variety. But if we're talking about Pokemon that I use more often than other Pokemon, that'll be Gallade and Haxorus for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I also have the Shiny Haxorus and Gible you get in Black 2. So there's that.

Still haven't caught a single "legit"shiny though.
    haven't played black 2 or white 2 soooooooooooooooooo

I'd buy it, but Y and X are only a couple months away and a used black 2 are $32

-.-