Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Zigzagoon I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    Zigzagoon I believe.
    nah zigzagoon looks more like a mongoose or somethin.

i want a cool lookin rocket raccoon lookin pokemon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by holz View Post
    Actually Magneton is based on Gamefreak being lazy as fuck and saying "We multiply it by 3 and it's a new Pokemon, BRILLIANT!"
    Lazy, yes, but it still makes more sense than suddenly turning it into a retarded Jetsons car. Honestly there are many lazy Pokémon designs since so many of them simply resemble real-life animals, even in the new generations, it's not exactly a new thing to give a Panda a head that's bigger than the rest of its body and make it stand up-right, and then give it a leaf just because, and then call it a day either. I personally don't care how much time it took to create individual Pokémons, as long as they look good. Yes I appreciate creativity and lots of cool inspirational sources when they're there, like for Volcarona, but if a Pokémon looks great despite not being very creative I can let it slide.

It's just a fucking ball. That's it, there is NOTHING interesting, or creative about it, it is the most unimaginative, uncreative, boring piece of shit that was ever called a Pokemon.
    Voltorb and Electrode were more or less just created to fool the player inside the Power Plant, nothing more.

I'm getting just as sick of the Gen I and Gen II hate people are spewing as I am of the Gen V hate, and the excuse is always "It's so uncreative." People just can't get out of their asses and like both the new and the old, it's always only on one side of the coin.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-01 at 10:14 AM.

I actually hate Gen 4, added a bunch of evo that turn out to be useless and made some ugly pokemon (probobass)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I actually hate Gen 4, added a bunch of evo that turn out to be useless and made some ugly pokemon (probobass)
    I have the same issue with generation 4. Why did they had to ruin Rhydon with that ugly as hell evolution of his :<

New found respect for vileplume

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-42421214

and not because it looks like a mafia gang member about to shoot you.

Despite my above post of how I'm tired that people can't like both the old and the new, I gotta say that Gen IV is the only generation I actively dislike. Though I could have respected it if it wasn't for how it ruined past Pokémons and the gameplay was slow as hell, plus it was just way over the top story-wise and all. Beings that can control time and the very fabric of space, not to mention the god of all Pokémon, c'mon. I like it when Pokémon doesn't take itself too seriously, I like it when you're just a kid who sets off to be on a journey, I don't need to save the world while doing so, as much as I like the franchise it seems that in 4th Gen it forgot that it was just Pokémon, a fun experience to be had but not anything that's supposed to blow your mind, it went off rails. I also don't fancy Black 2 & White 2 so much because of that, and B&W kind of borders there, but those games at least make up for it with good looking Pokémons, great look battle scenes, a great game speed and good game content, Gen IV has very little of that.

Either way, I don't often talk about my dislike of Gen IV because I know it leads to no good, I think I've done it once or twice besides this post in this thread, and that was when it was relevant to talk about it, and I haven't done so anywhere else on the net.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-08-01 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Finally decided to step away from random battles in showdown and went to NU (love this tier) and here's the team, currently sitting at 1513 rating.
    Not too sure what to do with Raichu, it kinda fits in there so whatever. Mantine probably needs something to heal itself.

@ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
    Bold
    - Quiver Dance
    - Baton Pass
    - Roost
    - Bug Buzz

@ Eviolite
    Serene Grace
    252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SDef
    Bold
    - AncientPower
    - Stored Power
    - Roost
    - Thunder Wave

@ Life Orb
    Swift Swim
    64 HP / 252 SAtk / 192 Spd
    Modest
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump
    - Air Slash
    - Ice Beam

@ White Herb
    Solid Rock
    252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Jolly
    - Shell Smash
    - Waterfall
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Jet

@ Life Orb
    Lightningrod
    252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
    Timid
    - Thunderbolt
    - Nasty Plot
    - Encore
    - Volt Switch

@ Choice Scarf
    Vital Spirit
    252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
    Jolly
    - Close Combat
    - U-turn
    - Ice Punch
    - Stone Edge

I made that Togetic set myself. It doesn't really work but it's pretty fun regardless.

Deleted
    When I play on Showdown don't really care about my rating. I play for fun, and I sometimes make silly teams.

What's your name on showdown BTW? Wanna challenge you maybe,

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nah zigzagoon looks more like a mongoose or somethin.

i want a cool lookin rocket raccoon lookin pokemon
    Zigzagoon is a racoon (the name kinda gives it away). Zangoose is the mongoose (again, the name).

- - - Updated - - -

New found respect for vileplume

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/nu-42421214

and not because it looks like a mafia gang member about to shoot you.
    ... Why a Metang and not a Metagross though? Odd.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Why a Metang and not a Metagross though? Odd.
    Because it's NU. Not OU.

I felt that gen4 was awful. D/P/P was my least favorite trio of Pokemon games, almost entirely making me tired of Pokemon. I didn't particularly care for the designs of the Pokemon in general, and I thought the music was awfully obnoxious, and I hated the Sinnoh region and it's story. (It was over-the-top). I also didn't care entirely for gen3 because I thought we were taking a step down. (I loved having 16 badges to earn and two regions to explore).

Thankfully gen5 saved my interest as well as pokemon coming out with SoulSilver and HeartGold, and gen6 is looking good.

GenI and GenII were guilty of some of the more uncreative designs, IMO. I've felt, as if anything, Pokemon has gotten more creative over the years. It's not that the recent designs are bland and unoriginal, it's just that people need an excuse to not like them. You can't just say "I just simply don't like this pokemon's design"? Pokemon isn't running out of ideas because they made an ice cream pokemon line. Believe it or not, limits and restrictions actually make a person innovate even more.

There's more gen1 pokemon I despise than any other generation. I said I didn't care for gen4, but there's several reasons for it that doesn't just stem from Pokemon design, although that does contribute. Oh? Oddish? It's a plant bulb that turns into a corpse flower. How about voltorb? It's a pokeball, simply designed to be obnoxious. Grimer/Muk? Slime. Just slime. Koffing/Weezing are naval mines. Need I go on? I definitely do not hate gen1 though. Blue was the first game I ever got that wasn't a hand-me-down. R/B/Y were fun games and I definitely still enjoy playing them from time to time.

Now, Pokemon is guilty of lack of innovation in gameplay. As long as it's still making them profit, they're going to play it safe and only make small changes to keep people buying it with as little work as possible. We have gotten a lot of added features and abilities, but it's essentially the same game we were playing in the 90s. It's not saying their design doesn't still work though. I still have a lot of fun with Pokemon. I guess as the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

--
    BTW, my assumption for Fennekin's move is that evolves to be a bipedal pokemon, but Glow Punch is a physical psychic-type move and the first of it's kind. Either that or it's Fairy type.

Currently Fennekin's known move list is:
    Scratch, Tail Whip, Ember, Howl, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Psychic, Glow Punch
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-08-02 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    What's your name on showdown BTW? Wanna challenge you maybe,
    It's Sursur.
    Yeah very creative

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    It's Sursur.
    Yeah very creative
    It's best to drop ancient power for something like heal bell. I saw your last match you should of just one shot alomologa with stored power since it's base would of became 120 from the stat boost from quiver dance (should be more then enough). Ancient power is only a 20% proc chance with togetic. That's not a lot.

I'd go with heal bell, tri attack, roost and something else like hidden power for better coverage. Tri attack will have a near 50% chance to inflict a status condition.

Deleted
    It's best to drop ancient power for something like heal bell. I saw your last match you should of just one shot alomologa with stored power since it's base would of became 120 from the stat boost from quiver dance (should be more then enough). Ancient power is only a 20% proc chance with togetic. That's not a lot.

I'd go with heal bell, tri attack, roost and something else like hidden power for better coverage. Tri attack will have a near 50% chance to inflict a status condition.
    I get your point, but we'll see, I've started to like the set. If AP does proc it's gonna be a wild ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I get your point, but we'll see, I've started to like the set. If AP does proc it's gonna be a wild ride.
    Your just wasting time hoping for a low proc when your already beefed enough. Same thing with thunder wave, no point in using it when your gonna one shot the guy, and you have nothing against stealth rock or status effects. Tri attack will give the foe a status effect if it doesn't kill and stored power can be something for more coverage. While roost recovers against damage (it's defence will be through the roof with evolite) and heal bell cures toxic and your team.

Deleted
    Showdown doesn't have a friend feature does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I felt that gen4 was awful. D/P/P was my least favorite trio of Pokemon games, almost entirely making me tired of Pokemon. I didn't particularly care for the designs of the Pokemon in general, and I thought the music was awfully obnoxious, and I hated the Sinnoh region and it's story. (It was over-the-top). I also didn't care entirely for gen3 because I thought we were taking a step down. (I loved having 16 badges to earn and two regions to explore).

Thankfully gen5 saved my interest as well as pokemon coming out with SoulSilver and HeartGold, and gen6 is looking good.

GenI and GenII were guilty of some of the more uncreative designs, IMO. I've felt, as if anything, Pokemon has gotten more creative over the years. It's not that the recent designs are bland and unoriginal, it's just that people need an excuse to not like them. You can't just say "I just simply don't like this pokemon's design"? Pokemon isn't running out of ideas because they made an ice cream pokemon line. Believe it or not, limits and restrictions actually make a person innovate even more.

There's more gen1 pokemon I despise than any other generation. I said I didn't care for gen4, but there's several reasons for it that doesn't just stem from Pokemon design, although that does contribute. Oh? Oddish? It's a plant bulb that turns into a corpse flower. How about voltorb? It's a pokeball, simply designed to be obnoxious. Grimer/Muk? Slime. Just slime. Koffing/Weezing are naval mines. Need I go on? I definitely do not hate gen1 though. Blue was the first game I ever got that wasn't a hand-me-down. R/B/Y were fun games and I definitely still enjoy playing them from time to time.
    Sometimes simplicity trumphs all. There are many Pokémons that are overdesigned if you ask me, and most of those come from Gen IV and V. Of course there are Pokémons that needed more work on their designs too, Seel comes to mind. I think Grimer and Muk are nice Pokémons, simply because they looks pretty cool. I've never really understood the "Pokémons need to have deep designs or else they're shit" mentality, not calling you out or anything, but to me as long as the Pokémon looks cool I'm fine with it. I'd much rather have a simple design like Weezing, one of my favorite Pokémons, instead of a completely over-designed mess like Black Kyurem, White Kyurem, or Pokémons like Stoutland which just comes off as chaotic and messy designs that simply look ugly to me.

I do however agree that Gen V has to be the most creative Gen thus far, it has so many inspirational sources. Just looking at Druddigon for example, I wonder what the heck it actually is, but I don't really care because it simply looks rad. Sometimes it's not for the best, but for the most part it works.

Ironically I hate the Gen 3 games themselves, the region is a mess, the story is uninspiring, and the game's progression just doesn't flow at all. However, Gen 3 has to be my favorite Generation Pokémon-wise, there are just so many of my favorites in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    However, Gen 3 has to be my favorite Generation Pokémon-wise, there are just so many of my favorites in it.
    Agree wholeheartedly.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Showdown doesn't have a friend feature does it?
    Nope, they are working on it.

On the generations things, I will repeat that I just love all generations. You can have pokemon that you don't like (everyone does), but that's that.