Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Np and awesome. I read on there twitter post of a Torchic with speed boost, holding an item called the Blaziken Knight (or Blazikenite). Its to come out in Jan and form the sounds of it might be connected to Mega Blaziken.
    serebii says that it will need both the blaziken knight and a mega stone to mega evolve

- - - Updated - - -

wait, how are you supposed to know the stats are different if it happens in battle? sounds a bit fishy. might just be flavor text.

NINTENDO OF AMERICA Y U NO RELEASE NEWS NAO!?!!?!
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    serebii says that it will need both the blaziken knight and a mega stone to mega evolve

- - - Updated - - -

wait, how are you supposed to know the stats are different if it happens in battle? sounds a bit fishy. might just be flavor text.

NINTENDO OF AMERICA Y U NO RELEASE NEWS NAO!?!!?!
    1) Mega Stone might just be the hyperonym; like Evolutionary Stone while Fire Stone, Thunder Stone, etc. are the hyponyms. So Blaziken's Mega Stone would be the Blazikenite?
    2) You just have to learn what changes in the stats, I guess?

also just got an idea in my head. ive always wanted the elecrtic pikachu clones to evolve, so what if this is a reverse pikachu?

maybe it starts out looking like a little raichu, give it a thunderstone get a big pikachu, give it a mega item get a mega pichu lol
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    :T

I don't like the sound of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    1) Mega Stone might just be the hyperonym; like Evolutionary Stone while Fire Stone, Thunder Stone, etc. are the hyponyms. So Blaziken's Mega Stone would be the Blazikenite?
    2) You just have to learn what changes in the stats, I guess?
    I hope it's just a translation error.

Maybe I should just ignore this thing's existence and check back again in a few days when the whole process is translated and understood. >.>
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    :T

I don't like the sound of this.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope it's just a translation error.

Maybe I should just ignore this thing's existence and check back again in a few days when the whole process is translated and understood. >.>
    Or there won't be any new word on this until the game is out. :3

Or there won't be any new word on this until the game is out. :3
    nah. will atleast get a translated version of what they said from nintendo of america. although it might be just as vague :P

Deleted
    Oh yeah, is shameless advertising allowed here?
    I know I shared it in the pony thread, but I have some amusing solo runs / nuzlockes to share.
    >_>

depends what you mean by advertising. as long as its related to pokemon and you dont make money off it i think its fine

Deleted
    depends what you mean by advertising. as long as its related to pokemon and you dont make money off it i think its fine
    Just imgur albums of my solo / nuzlocke stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that's advertising as much as sharing your experiences.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

i love all of them except ampharous. why did it just grow hair?

I HAZ HAIR NAO! I IS DRAGAN!

- - - Updated - - -

Just imgur albums of my solo / nuzlocke stories.
    yeah im pretty sure thats fine

10+ Year Old Account
    i love all of them except ampharous. why did it just grow hair?
    He looks like Inuyasha.

Deleted
    Generation I(ish): Randomized FireRed Flareon solo run. Image heavy.
    Generation II(ish): Completely randomized HeartGold nuzlocke. VERY image heavy. Part two of HG, also image heavy.
    Generation III: Completely randomized Emerald nuzlocke. Pretty image heavy.
    Generation IV: Randomized Platinum Magikarp solo run. Image heavy.
    Generation V: Randomized Black sololocke. Not very image heavy.

Lots of reading, lots of laughing.
    Any comments either here or PM, I'll be afk now to watch Castle. o/

Deleted
    Ok I just looked at the abilities the Pokemon get in Mega mode, and what it could mean competetively.

Mawile gets Huge power. Putting its attack at 170, right up there to the second highest attack together with Kyurem-B. (even more if mega mode boosts stats) So that, and it's newly gained fary typing, might actually mean that it will finally rise out of NU.

Blaziken gets speed boost, so nothing new (probably gets stats boosted or redistributed)

Lucario gets adaptibility, that is pretty damn huge. His Fighting/steel stab is only resisted by 35 Pokemon, (and negated by shedinja) most of them not in OU or uber. So making his STAB 2x damage instead of 1.5x would be a pretty nice upgrade for him. (Especially since his current ability isn't too good, only an idiot attacks lucario with a dark move)

Mega absol gets magic bounce. Which can be pretty nice. If your opponents lead wants to set up rocks/spikes he can't do that. So if he has to switch out you get a free turn to setz up a swords dance (Probably absols best set)

Mewtwo has insomnia, which is pretty useless. the only pokemon that really uses sleep in Uber is Darkrai, and that kills Mewtwo 10 out of 10 times even without sleep.

Ampharos is electric/dragon, and gets Mold Breaker. So he doesn't have to worry about accidentaly giving pokemon with Motor Drive or Volt Absorb a boost.

I am all for Ampharos' mega form, one of my favorite's from Gen 2 for almost no reason.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

apparently these are the names of some pokemon and some of them were confirmed today so all these pokemon might be real

Dianshii (ディアンシー) — Possibly a deer Pokémon. It’s name could come from deer + fancy + antsy.
    Hariboogu (ハリ*ーグ) — Most likely the evolution of Chespin — Hari (ハリ) comes from pin/needle, boogu (*ーグ) or bogue, is the name of the shell of a chestnut is French. Thanks to belmad for this tip-off!
    Gekogashira (ゲコガシラ) — Possibly from gecko + boss. Gashira means either head or boss. Possibly a Froakie evolution.
    Borukenion (*ルケニオン) — Probably Volcanyon — likely boruke (*ルケ) from volcano and nion (ニオン) from canyon.
    Dedenne (デデンネ)
    Horubii (*ルビー) — Likely comes from horu (*ル) to dig + bee.
    Nyaonikusu (ニャオニクス) — Probably Meowstick, as mentioned in a previous leak
    Burigaron (ブリガロン) — Maybe a blizzard wolf: buri (ブリ) from blizzard (burizaado) + garo (ガロ / 牙狼) meaning fanged wolf. It could also come from garou (餓狼) meaning starving wolf.
    Jigarude (ジガルデ) — Is possibly from Jiga (ジガ / 自我), which means ego.
    Mafokushii (マフォクシー) — Is possibly an evolution of Fennekin: Mafoxy
    Fuupa (フーパ) — fuu (フー) is most likely wind, pa (パ) could be many things.
    Gekkouga (ゲッコウガ) — Gekkou (ゲッコウ) means moonlight + ga (ガ) is moth. Literally moonlight moth.
    Torimian (トリミアン)
    Teerunaa (テールナー) — Possibly related to Gekkouga. Teeru (テール) means tail and runaa (ルナー) means lunar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I am all for Ampharos' mega form, one of my favorite's from Gen 2 for almost no reason.
    i mean, its not that its bad it just doesnt make sense to me.

i guess one of thee qualifications for being a dragon is flowing hair

i mean, its not that its bad it just doesnt make sense to me.

i guess one of thee qualifications for being a dragon is flowing hair
    Dragons seem to be an odd type to classify since we have two dragon like Pokemon that are not dragons (Charizard and Gyarados) and then we have Kingdra and Altaria that you wouldn't immediately think were dragons.

I quite enjoy one of my favorites getting quite a boost from something like adding dragon to it and a pretty nice ability to boot.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

lol fake mega pokemon

- - - Updated - - -

man i hope he ice wolf looks cool. although part of me is also hoping its ugly. its so hard already to pick my team >_<

10+ Year Old Account

man i hope he ice wolf looks cool. although part of me is also hoping its ugly. its so hard already to pick my team >_<
    I am always, always, ALWAYS on board for more awesome canines.

I really hope if there is an icewolf you can catch it early.