Thread: Pokémon!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    weve known for a long time now that you can customize your character.

at the begining you can only choose your hair colour, your skin colour, and i think eye colour but later on you can change everything from clothes to hair.
    I knew about selecting hair, skin and eye color from templates at the start and the posibility to change clothes. Even though I check up on X and Y news regularly, haven't read or heard any official confirmation on hair and face customizations, which does indeed seem to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziktus View Post
    I knew about selecting hair, skin and eye color from templates at the start and the posibility to change clothes. Even though I check up on X and Y news regularly, haven't read or heard any official confirmation on hair and face customizations, which does indeed seem to be the case.
    it was never officially confirmed but there were other screenshots with the main character in different outfits and hair styles
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

not really mega charizard looks just like charizard but with an extra horn and wing bits, hes also lost a little weight.

the original version of charizard had one giant horn anyways so its more similar to its original art really
    His body shape, head shape, arms, legs and everything changed. Like I said previously, give him another color scheme and take away the fire on the tail and he might aswell be the mega of Aerodactyl. It just doesn't look like Charizard, at least not on artwork.

it literally looks nothing like absol besides it being white.

it has big floppy ears, a long neck, its black not blue, it has hooves not claws, it has an actual tail instead of a blade, its eye colour is different, it doesnt have a mane in the front of its body, its face is shaped completely different with a long pointed nose and tiny mouth and it has a big afro.

it being on four legs and with white hair doesnt make it look like absol.

when you have to bring out octillery and remoraid (which still have a connection, remoraid is meant to look like a gun while octillery is a cannon) then yes you are grasping at straws.
    How can you see it's eye colour? The image isn't even a clear one to be making these descriptive claims. Please stop.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    How can you see it's eye colour? The image isn't even a clear one to be making these descriptive claims. Please stop.
    if you look closely you can see its eyes are a yellowish colour

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    His body shape, head shape, arms, legs and everything changed. Like I said previously, give him another color scheme and take away the fire on the tail and he might aswell be the mega of Aerodactyl. It just doesn't look like Charizard, at least not on artwork.

looks like charizard with a big horn added and some wingy bits on its arms

- - - Updated - - -

if you think this looks like absol you need your eyes checked

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...vi-d6kzstw.png

- - - Updated - - -

dont even share the same colour scheme

- - - Updated - - -

i took off the spikes, without them it just looks like he lost weight
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    While he is a little less rounded and the legs are slightly longer, it isn't really anything drastic. Looks like a spikey version of Charizard to me.

I'm sure that if they released it as a new Pokemon, maybe even with a different color scheme, instead of a Charizard there would be an epic shitstorm of complaints saying it looks too much like Charizard.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-09-04 at 08:47 PM.

I think I don't like them because I expected much better development, like Dragon/Fire Charizard and a hell way much better look for him... even a change of colour would be welcome. Like... something. It was SOOO much potential lost, it feels terrible. Also... all of this shit for max 50 SpAtk and Speed? Blastoise design? REALLY?! How does that make it mega? Ampharos becomes a dragon! Mawile becomes Fairy/Steel. Now, THAT'S mega. Not this shit they spew

I don't know if I am making my message go through

Don't even get me STARTED on Venusaur, sigh. His design SCREAMS of "meh, need to give him something too... Just throw a flower over there, and we are done"

If you watch the full video of the pokemon direct, at 14:00 minutes in, they speak about mega evolutions, and how many pokemon will have them. They say such as lucario and absol and begin showing mega pokemon the 2 seconds after saying and many others this picture comes up... not sure if being attacked or evolving...

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I think I don't like them because I expected much better development, like Dragon/Fire Charizard and a hell way much better look for him... even a change of colour would be welcome. Like... something. It was SOOO much potential lost, it feels terrible. Also... all of this shit for max 50 SpAtk and Speed? Blastoise design? REALLY?! How does that make it mega? Ampharos becomes a dragon! Mawile becomes Fairy/Steel. Now, THAT'S mega. Not this shit they spew

I don't know if I am making my message go through

Don't even get me STARTED on Venusaur, sigh. His design SCREAMS of "meh, need to give him something too... Just throw a flower over there, and we are done"
    drought and the special attack and speed boost makes charizard pretty op though. and thick fat makes venusaur pretty op too.

i think blastoise looks awesome so idk

- - - Updated - - -

mega blastoise new ability will also let it pretty much one shot anything with hydro pump

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    If you watch the full video of the pokemon direct, at 14:00 minutes in, they speak about mega evolutions, and how many pokemon will have them. They say such as lucario and absol and begin showing mega pokemon the 2 seconds after saying and many others this picture comes up... not sure if being attacked or evolving...

that's the gyarados getting hit by mega-mewtwo's attack.

- - - Updated - - -

drought and the special attack and speed boost makes charizard pretty op though. and thick fat makes venusaur pretty op too.

i think blastoise looks awesome so idk

- - - Updated - - -

mega blastoise new ability will also let it pretty much one shot anything with hydro pump
    True. I don't think that I will be in a bad boat when playing them though!

OH!!

What will your starters be? It's clearly stated that we will get a 6th gen and a 1st gen at the start.

For me it should be:
    Fennekin (most likely, can't pass up the Psychic type if it's true, else Froakie) & Bulbasaur (I think).

im gonna go with chespin torchic squirtle and pancham as my team so far. im buying both games so ill use fenniken and venusaur in x

rewatched it, definitely mewtwo using his attack, my bad.

i speculate that later on in the year they will give out a mudkip and a treeco with special event only mega items. then announce gen 3 remakes where you can get them ingame

15+ Year Old Account
    If we get both a gen1 and gen6 starter it'll make my choice so much more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    If we get both a gen1 and gen6 starter it'll make my choice so much more difficult.
    its pretty easy for me. i used a charizard in black and white 2 and i dont like froakie and im getting a torchic

i just hope chespin doesnt turn out ugly. hoping coro coro reveals their final evos and mega evos

Leaning towards Froakie/Bulbasaur. But maybe Chespin will have an awesome final though, we'll see.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

Does anyone feel like mega evos ruined Venosaur/Charizard/Blastoise? Some things are sacred and should not be tampered with Gamefreak .
    Hi Sephurik

I feel conflicted.

Bulbasaur is my favorite starter ever (he was my first =P). I wanted to use Chespin though, always use the Grass type starters >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Does anyone feel like mega evos ruined Venosaur/Charizard/Blastoise? Some things are sacred and should not be tampered with Gamefreak .
    Nope. I think they look awesome. I mean Venosaur kind of got shafted a little but I think Charizard and Blastoise mega's look great.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I don't understand. Mega's aren't permenant, nor compulsary. You don't have to use it if you don't want to.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.