Thread: Pokémon!

I would love it if we could go to the hoenn region as well. I loved being able to get 16bages in silver / gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I would love it if we could go to the hoenn region as well. I loved being able to get 16bages in silver / gold.
    It would make Z worth buying for sure.

I'd much rather they do that then a straight Ruby / Sapphire remake.

Unless they went the opposite route and started us in Hoenn and had us go to kalos after.

I just want another dual region game, basically.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami View Post
    Aggron as well.
    aggron looks like he had a love child with bisharp.

i would call it derpy but it reminds me of a megazord so ill let it pass on the basis that all kaiju need mechas or else the balance in the universe is lost :P
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    aggron looks like he had a love child with bisharp.

i would call it derpy but it reminds me of a megazord so ill let it pass on the basis that all kaiju need mechas or else the balance in the universe is lost :P
    Also if you look into tyranitar chest you can see pupitars eyes!

- - - Updated - - -

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So a lot of story spoilers are being posted on neogaf right now. If you guys are interested, head over there, but if you aren't I'll be courteous and refrain from posting them here.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm probably wondering up a useless storm here; but I wonder why they add completely useless (stat wise) pokemon? Like, is that Klefki going to be usefull at ALL? or is it just a cutesy thing?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I'm probably wondering up a useless storm here; but I wonder why they add completely useless (stat wise) pokemon? Like, is that Klefki going to be usefull at ALL? or is it just a cutesy thing?
    It's probably just a cutesy thing.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    It was obviously created specifically for the Little Cup tier of Pokemon.

Step 1: Bring Klefki
    Step 2: Jingle Klefki in front of baby Pokemon
    Step 3: Baby Pokemon, perplexed, can't move and therefore automatically forfeit
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    It's probably just a cutesy thing.
    The least they could do is give a cutesy pokemon some sort of stat, ability, or a move that can help its team out. Like, Plusle and Minun had the right idea, but I don't think I've ever seen them used effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    It was obviously created specifically for the Little Cup tier of Pokemon.

Step 1: Bring Klefki
    Step 2: Jingle Klefki in front of baby Pokemon
    Step 3: Baby Pokemon, perplexed, can't move and therefore automatically forfeit
    lol

Alright, as for story spoilers, I'm going to post them anyways because I'm a bitch like that sometimes.
    You know that dark Pokemon storyline you always wanted? You got it:

Team Flare is stealing Pokeballs and using the Pokemon's souls inside them (Note: This KILLS THE POKEMON) to fuel a machine that will bring about a second Pokemon genocide and effectively destroy all "unwanted" life on Poke-Earth. They will then reconstruct everything to make it 'beautiful'.

AZ created the machine originally to revive his Floette. After Floette realized that he had killed hundreds in order to revive it, it ran away. I presume it actually killed itself, but this wasn't E-rating-friendly enough to actually put in the story... despite having a mass-murder already present, as if that's E-rating friendly as well.

PM if you add me!

Deleted
    Like, is that Klefki going to be usefull at ALL? or is it just a cutesy thing?
    It has prankster, that alone is a huge bonus and being immune to dragon & poison is another. It has bad stats yeah, but so does Sableye and that didn't stop Sableye from being used.
    It can be used if played carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That's... wow.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Wow. That's... wow.
    We also get a Pokemon War backstory, with a cutscene. Also depicted: Dead Pokemon. As in their actual lifeless corpses.

PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet bees and phantom trees. That's... dark. Although TBH, I'm starting to get annoyed with all these teams just wanting to recreate the world to their own ideals. I miss Team Rocket. TBH, when I read that Team Flare was a group of thugs aiming to make money, I was hoping it would be a redux of TR.

Sweet bees and phantom trees. That's... dark. Although TBH, I'm starting to get annoyed with all these teams just wanting to recreate the world to their own ideals. I miss Team Rocket. TBH, when I read that Team Flare was a group of thugs aiming to make money, I was hoping it would be a redux of TR.
    I believe that was the original concept, but in reality they're obsessed with beauty, perfection, and fashion.
    I like it, though. Team Rocket wanted to control the world, essentially, and this is only taking that a step further while not treading on retardedly ridiculous levels of insane (Team Galactic...).

PM if you add me!

This isn't your 10-year-old-self's Pokemon.

I wasn't going to post about the story spoilers ITT but since that bag of meowths has already been opened here are some screen caps of the back-story involving the war

WARNING: STORY SPOILERS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-10-08 at 04:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm with Auxis here where I'm just sorta sick of the whole worldwide takeover and recreation. Pokemon villains have become sillier every game. TR used to be thugs that just wanted to get rich and had no qualms about being assholes, and they got beat by a skilled kid. It kind of stayed the same up until Gen 4, when it started giving off the "you are the chooosen oooone" air and people were like "welp I'm actually, certifiably insane, and I'm going to go be insane with powerful legendary entities."

This Gen's story is just a HUGE step up, though, in terms of darkness. We've always known Pokemon could die (Lavendar town, celestial tower), but killing them on purpose? Showcasing it? And that Pokedex entry about children dying in the woods and turning into Pokemon? Yeesh. Not sure if this is, er.. appropriate for my cousins who love Pokemon. Stan's a little young to be doot-doot-dooting along and then suddenly BLAM YOUR FRIENDS CAN DIE AND THEY ABSOLUTELY WILL DIE BECAUSE BAD MEN WILL TAKE THEM FROM YOU AND KILL THEM

Team Rocket has always been about controlling the world through money and power. Even in Generation I, they wanted to exploit the power of Mewtwo to control the world. It has always been and always will be about exploitation of Pokemon to take over the world.

Team Rocket (Japanese: ロケット団 Rocket-dan, literally Rocket Gang) is a villainous team in pursuit of evil and exploitation of Pokémon based in the Kanto and Johto regions with a small outpost in the Sevii Islands.
    While its main focus is stealing or capturing, then selling, rare and strong Pokémon, it also funds and conducts cruel experimental research on Pokémon. Their oath, as posted on the wall of one of their many bases, is "Steal Pokémon for profit. Exploit Pokémon for profit. All Pokémon exist for the glory of Team Rocket." Their ultimate goal is to take over the world using Pokémon.

And hell, if you were evil wouldn't you use the power of a legendary weapon if it meant you could create anything you wanted at no personal loss to you?
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2013-10-08 at 04:48 AM.

PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    And hell, who wouldn't use the power of a legendary weapon if it meant you could create anything you wanted at no personal loss to you.
    Yes but could you if The machine ran on baby squirrel souls and puppy tears?