Thread: Pokémon!

It's a no go. I talked to the manager there and he was the most "RULES ARE GOLDEN" guy in the world (although he is quite friendly). Anyways, he swapped my preorders and gave me five dollars back for a fuckup one of his other employees had made. Also, he gave me a couple of goodies. I didn't really have high hopes for them breaking the street dates, and since I got a chance to switch the preorders, I really suffered no loss. I guess I'll just get it Saturday like the normal folk.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    So apparently PETA made another pokemon parody game.

For those not in the loop the first one was called Pokemon: Black and Blue and basically painted pokemon as an evil video game that promoted animal violence.
    ...Which they caught a lot of shit for from pokemon fans who told them they totally missed the point of pokemon. (love and friendship, etc etc)

So now they made ANOTHER pokemon parody called Pokemon: Red, White, and Blue that instead USES pokemon to promote anti-meat animal rights messages by having the player use pokemon like pikachu and miltank to fight villains like ronald mcdonald.

Oh PETA, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Stay classy peta.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, you can trade after the first gym.
    wheres the "i want to eat a pokemon" option, i dont see it O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i would rather no pokemon say their names. its one of the most retarded things the anime ever thought of, pikachu is an exception to pokemon being able to say their names since hes been doing it since gen 1 and hes the mascot but id still prefer the pokemon just talk like animals and not say their names.
    Well, given that Pokemon can learn human language (Meowth), I kind of do understand why they can at least speak. Even if it is only just their names for now.

PM if you add me!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    It's a no go. I talked to the manager there and he was the most "RULES ARE GOLDEN" guy in the world (although he is quite friendly). Anyways, he swapped my preorders and gave me five dollars back for a fuckup one of his other employees had made. Also, he gave me a couple of goodies. I didn't really have high hopes for them breaking the street dates, and since I got a chance to switch the preorders, I really suffered no loss. I guess I'll just get it Saturday like the normal folk.
    Well, atleast you got something from it. ;p

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Well, given that Pokemon can learn human language (Meowth), I kind of do understand why they can at least speak. Even if it is only just their names for now.
    the problem is that except for a small few like legendarys and charizard most pokemon ONLY say their names or part of their names, its just crazy.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

pikachu and miltank to fight villains like ronald mcdonald.
    ...I'd kill Ronald McDonald too if I had Pokemon. Fuck McDonald's. Their "food" hardly even qualifies as "barely edible meatstuff".

PM if you add me!

Please stop spreading PETA's bullshit. We know it's stupid. Ignore it. Don't talk about it. Don't post pictures. Just leave them be.

Went out today and got both the blue and red limited edition 3DSes. Let my better half pick first -- she took the red one. I think the red is visibly more striking by just a hair but my first Pokemon game was Blue way back in the day so it suits me to end up with that one.

It isn't quite her birthday yet but I wanted to go ahead and let her have it so we could get our systems set up and online and all that jazz. Really liking the console so far. Now to wait another day to have something to actually play. Wonder if there is any sense in showing up at Walmart at midnight tomorrow night without a pre-order?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

pokemon in the anime is like a whole world of groots.

Also, remember that pokemon that can speak human language is an anime only thing. Even legendaries can't speak in the games or manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the problem is that except for a small few like legendarys and charizard most pokemon ONLY say their names or part of their names, its just crazy.
    I'd rather them be making animal noises, personally. But they DO all have the potential to speak words. (Manaphy, Meowth, Slowking).
    It is ridiculous, but it's a world full of magical creatures which we use to beat the shit out of other magical creatures.

PM if you add me!

So apparently PETA made another pokemon parody game.

For those not in the loop the first one was called Pokemon: Black and Blue and basically painted pokemon as an evil video game that promoted animal violence.
    ...Which they caught a lot of shit for from pokemon fans who told them they totally missed the point of pokemon. (love and friendship, etc etc)

So now they made ANOTHER pokemon parody called Pokemon: Red, White, and Blue that instead USES pokemon to promote anti-meat animal rights messages by having the player use pokemon like pikachu and miltank to fight villains like ronald mcdonald.

Oh PETA, your hypocrisy knows no bounds.
    The really funny part about his being that PETA euthanizes more animals than it bothers to try saving. Records showed them killing over 1k animals a year since 1999, sometimes more than 2k. They rarely find homes for more than 15% of the animals they "rescue".

Ugh. I hate PETA.

...I'd kill Ronald McDonald too if I had Pokemon. Fuck McDonald's. Their "food" hardly even qualifies as "barely edible meatstuff".
    Their hamburgers are terrible for sure, the southern-style-chicken-sandwich is pretty much the only thing on the menu I find edible, oh and fries.

Arbys > Wendys > Hardees > Burger King >>>>>>>>>>> McDonalds
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by hugocgc View Post
    Also, remember that pokemon that can speak human language is an anime only thing. Even legendaries can't speak in the games or manga.
    Actually, Zoroark spoke in the games (Black 2/White 2), so that's not entirely true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The really funny part about his being that PETA euthanizes more animals than it bothers to try saving. Records showed them killing over 1k animals a year since 1999, sometimes more than 2k. They rarely find homes for more than 15% of the animals they "rescue".

Ugh. I hate PETA.
    Who doesn't hate PETA? They miss the point of everything.

PM if you add me!

Okay my wanton amusement has turned into fanboy rage.

Actually, Zoroark spoke in the games (Black 2/White 2), so that's not entirely true.
    This is true, though he was in human form thus giving him the apropriate phonological system to be able to talk.

Who doesn't hate PETA? They miss the point of everything.
    It's not really missing the point, they just don't care. I would call them hypocrites if I thought for a second they believed what they preach. People on the lower rungs might believe, but those calling the shots are just fearmongers trying (and succeeding with disturbing effectiveness because of stupidity of people who buy into their nonsense) to make money.

These games that they make are just jabs at popular culture to get their name out there. And it works every time because every gaming news website ever will report on it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ....Have I missed something? Who's PETA? :s

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    ....Have I missed something? Who's PETA? :s
    Do you not have PETA in england?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not have PETA in england?
    I think my brains exploded today, not thinking straight.

Edit: Okay, brains back. I know now.

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Quote Originally Posted by KinKarasu View Post
    I think my brains exploded today, not thinking straight.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Batshit crazy animal rights people.