Thread: Pokémon!

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Would dragonite aqua jet OHKO a mega blaziken? Kind of need a counter to blaziken for my team and something immune/resist to EQ. Was thinking gyarados but he can't learn aqua jet afaik. =(
    Talonflame with it's hidden ability is the sole reason blaziken was removed from my team. You should invest in one of these insane birds asap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    Oh, my bad.

If Aggron allows you to even touch his form, the most godly of forms, the glint of his polished steel exterior would blind you. If he allows you close enough to be blinded enough times, you get a little bit better at defending yourself from it, which grants you defense EVs.
    More like it.

Deleted
    Darn was afraid of that. Waterfall would I reckon then? If aqua jet doesn't I'll be taking a hit anyway from it.

Deleted
    How about a Gale Wings Talonflame?

Deleted
    I know it's THE counter to mega blaziken but I like it's shiny form quite a lot. I don't mind MM breeding for it and hatching a thousand eggs or more but I'd be devastated if he wouldn't get his hidden ability passed along on a shine lol.

I prefer the klefki counter to blaziken Klefki is becoming my new favorite (even over aegislash!!)
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    You can counter Blaziken with a Klefki?

How? He's steel! o_O
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

I know it's THE counter to mega blaziken but I like it's shiny form quite a lot. I don't mind MM breeding for it and hatching a thousand eggs or more but I'd be devastated if he wouldn't get his hidden ability passed along on a shine lol.
    Use Ability Capsule to switch it if you get unlucky?

EDIT: NEVERMIND. Didn't remember it can't switch to hidden abilities.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2013-11-11 at 06:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I prefer the klefki counter to blaziken Klefki is becoming my new favorite (even over aegislash!!)
    Too weak to EQ in general my team, so someone with levitate or a flying pokemon would be best. Gyarados/dragonite/talonflame/salamence are the options I'm thinking of so far. Meh, will have to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Use Ability Capsule to switch it if you get unlucky?
    Doesn't work with hidden abilities afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    You can counter Blaziken with a Klefki?

How? He's steel! o_O
    I have been using it on the smogon showdown, and lots of times it's because of klefki that I win.

moveset: Swagger, Thunderwave, Foul Play, and Substitute.

What you do: Swagger (raises their attack sharply and then confuses them). Then use thunder wave. Then substitute, and foul play them.

They get so mad. By the way, klefki's hidden is prankster, so that means he has priority to status moves.

Deleted
    Doesn't klefki get 1shot half of the time when they don't hurt themselves in confusion?

I need a male Adamant Fletchling and/or a Male Fletchling with 5 IVs.
    I can trade a Shiny Altaria for the one with perfect IVs.
    Adamant is nice, but can just breed a Fletchling until Adamant (I already have Gale Wings on my female Fletchling) as long as the father has 5 IVs.
    For the Adamant one...I can offer a Mild female froakie with its hidden ability, Protean.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't klefki get 1shot half of the time when they don't hurt themselves in confusion?
    That's what I'm thinking.

Sounds like you just have to rely on RNG for that win, especially 'cause Foul Play is only 1/2 against Blaziken because of his Fighting type.

How many shots can you take with a substitute up, from a swagger'd Blaziken that goes through confusion and hits you with, for example, flare blitz?
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Klefki actually has really good defenses. I took mine in doubles to the battle maison when it was only level 39 and even level 50 things didn't kill it. If something is super effective it may kill it, though, like blaziken's flare blitz. So while it's kind of risky that you will die, if they don't hit you on first hit, you can paralyze them and then they're worse off! And the way foul play works is that it uses the targets attack power instead of yours to do damage, so it's pretty awesome. Just try the klefki on smogon showdown, you'll love it. I was kinda skeptical.

I should add, that I also have an imposter ditto with a choice scarf, so if klefki dies, I put in my ditto and it has boosted attack power, - that even things not really effective are detrimental.

Deleted
    Klefki's defenses are okay but not "really good".
    Swagger misses? Oneshot 10% of time.
    Swagger hits and blaziken doesn't hurt itself in confusion? 45% of time.
    He hurt itself in its confusion, next move you paralyze him as well but he still gets through parafusion? Another 11.25% of the time.

So yeah, all combined a mega blaziken will still oneshot you 66.25% of the time. On top of that it's just a revenge killer and you can't swap it in at all unlike a gyarados or something for example.

Klefki's defenses are okay but not "really good".
    Swagger misses? Oneshot 10% of time.
    Swagger hits and blaziken doesn't hurt itself in confusion? 45% of time.
    He hurt itself in its confusion, next move you paralyze him as well but he still gets through parafusion? Another 11.25% of the time.

So yeah, all combined a mega blaziken will still oneshot you 66.25% of the time. On top of that it's just a revenge killer and you can't swap it in at all unlike a gyarados or something for example.
    I'll stand by my "try it on the showdown" I love it! Great one to open with.

Also, most people don't open with a blaziken. Klefki ruins a lot of peoples' starters. Of course, you have to be smart too, and predict things like.. is the person going to switch into a magic bounce espeon? Or is the person using a smeargle because they want to put you to sleep? At which point you can make changes as necessary.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2013-11-11 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    I need a male Adamant Fletchling and/or a Male Fletchling with 5 IVs.
    I can trade a Shiny Altaria for the one with perfect IVs.
    Adamant is nice, but can just breed a Fletchling until Adamant (I already have Gale Wings on my female Fletchling) as long as the father has 5 IVs.
    For the Adamant one...I can offer a Mild female froakie with its hidden ability, Protean.
    I've got lots upon tons upon hordes of Adamant Fletchlings while trying to get one with 6IV or 5IVs (without SpAtk) from 2 x 5IV parents. Wanna one? You can send anything you like really.

Alright, so looking on GTS for a Pokemon with high IVs.
    I have like 3 Zygardes to trade away and I found a male fletchling. Unfortunately the text is in Japanese, but it says 2ch(...Can't read) (Can't Read)11V(Can't Read)
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean. Anyone familiar with the Japanese terminology?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    I've got lots upon tons upon hordes of Adamant Fletchlings while trying to get one with 6IV or 5IVs (without SpAtk) from 2 x 5IV parents. Wanna one? You can send anything you like really.
    Sure, I'll take one! I need a male one...preferably.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

200 eggs later, and I get a 5 iv honedge with the 6th stat being 30 def, I think I will take it.

Deleted
    Getting online, name is Vito. The markings I give to Pokemon (the little shapes like star or triangle) show which IV they got.