Thread: Pokémon!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    2 are exclusive you can get 7/9 fossil in each game
    Root and Claw Fossils (exclusive to X)
    Dome and Helix Fossils (exclusive to Y).
    I think you are half right. Because I thought for the longest time that the Root and Claw fossils weren't in the game, because it took me a long long time to get them, but I did get both on my Y game. They proabably just have a much lower chance to get them, but you CAN get them on Y.

EDIT: Thinking about it further, my memory on the fossils was a little fuzzy, so I checked and it seems I got my Anorith and Lileep from someone else, so I was mistaken. My apologies Archimand.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2013-11-27 at 10:29 PM.

np i thought u can get them all at first as well but then i checked bulbapedia and saw i miss 2 :P
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiol View Post
    Had to check my friends list as I was sure I added you, but seems I may have missed you the last time I added a bunch of people. Sorry!

Added you now though, enjoying farming Ditto's.
    No worries then, shit happens. ^^ I would just feel like a dick and ask again... Thanks! <3

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss View Post
    How many hours did you play?
    Im currently at 180 hours, the Litwick was around 45 hours alone.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    actually it does since mega banettes defenses didn't increase from regular banette (and its speed sucks) so it'll most likely die before you could prankster.
    You apparently didn't see my calculations. Regular Banette can survive almost anything bar a Mega Gengar's Shadow Ball with the EV spread I have.

And I wouldn't switch Banette in on something she's afraid of, I'd switch it on on something fearing a Mega Evolution Shadow Sneak from a 165 Base Attack.

That lets me get up cotton guard.

Deleted
    Dome and helix are kabuto and omanyte right? You want the pokemon or actually the fossils? Can give you the pokemon np but doubt I got spare fossils laying around atm. FC 3497-0682-8921 and 1864-9856-6761.
    If you want the fossils for some reason just let me know and I'll go fetch some. I should be on a lot later today. Also checked for articuno, just got the other 2 sorry.

Finally manned up and got that Oval Charm. Wasn't nearly as hard as I expected, and man does it make a difference. That Shiny Tentacool can't come soon enough.

EDIT: And behold, after 330 eggs of Tentacools, Egg 331 hatches as a shiny. That's not too many eggs, however I had hatched 60 Staryu eggs and 151 Bulbasaur eggs before that, plus 9 eggs to fill out the holes in my Pokédex when I went to get my Oval Charm, so that makes it 560 eggs before I got a shiny, which is still almost below 100 of the average, so I'd call that some luck. It's IVs are terrible though, the guy says that my Sp. Atk and Sp. Def won't even leave a scratch on the opponent, but I'll still take it.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-28 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=724024

So yeah... Have fun battling online.
    This needs a lot more attention.
    The "battle analyser" works much the same for battles as the "instacheck" program does for trades. A PC is set up as a wireless hotspot to intercept data from the Pokémon games, and upon the opponent clicking confirm on the battle screen, the program loads information on the opponent's entire party and displays what moves the opponent chooses each turn during the battle. This affects all online battle modes.

This program is a tremendous detriment to the competitive nature of Pokémon battles. It is our hope that, in fully exposing this program to the public, Game Freak will quickly take the necessary steps to block the exploit.
    Last edited by Zaelkath; 2013-11-28 at 04:50 PM.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    This needs a lot more attention.
    Wow... that's bad. All this breeding I did since the beginning for nothing?
    I hope they will react. Asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Wow... that's bad. All this breeding I did since the beginning for nothing?
    I hope they will react. Asap.
    Yeah I was sitting here playing with my new team all excited because it's starting to look good enough for online battling...

Then I saw this.

-edit- Ughh I can't stop thinking about this...now whenever someone takes forever to make a move I'm gonna be paranoid lol.
    Last edited by Zaelkath; 2013-11-28 at 05:27 PM.
    It would be dark inside my head...if not for the fires...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelkath View Post
    Yeah I was sitting here playing with my new team all excited because it's starting to look good enough for online battling...

Then I saw this.

-edit- Ughh I can't stop thinking about this...now whenever someone takes forever to make a move I'm gonna be paranoid lol.
    By this point not too many use it I'm sure, and the people who aren't in touch with the competitive community will likely never learn of its existence. At this point you'll be really unlucky to run into someone who uses this. That is until it inevitably spreads like wildfire of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Dome and helix are kabuto and omanyte right? You want the pokemon or actually the fossils? Can give you the pokemon np but doubt I got spare fossils laying around atm. FC 3497-0682-8921 and 1864-9856-6761.
    If you want the fossils for some reason just let me know and I'll go fetch some. I should be on a lot later today. Also checked for articuno, just got the other 2 sorry.
    i actually have omanyte just need kabuto will trade you claw fossil pokemon for it

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    By this point not too many use it I'm sure, and the people who aren't in touch with the competitive community will likely never learn of its existence. At this point you'll be really unlucky to run into someone who uses this. That is until it inevitably spreads like wildfire of course.
    Which we want to avoid at all cost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    i actually have omanyte just need kabuto will trade you claw fossil pokemon for it
    Add me as friend, can give you one right now. 1864-9856-6761.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    I have done around 50 battles on the wifi now and I have only encountered this once. I thought the person was just amazing and knew exactly what I was going to do based on experience, but now I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Add me as friend, can give you one right now. 1864-9856-6761.
    will be back in 2:30 hours if u still online

Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Which we want to avoid at all cost.
    With the program out there right now it's going to be nigh to impossible, once word is on the street the competitive people who just want to win will all flock to it. Unless Game Freak patches it, it's going to be here, it's not anything we can try to avoid as such. Even if Game Freak patches it, there's going to be some people that will try and find a way around it, and will probably succeed in doing so.

That's my problem with these kind of people who develop a program like this just to prove a point, people will begin to abuse it and then become dependant on it, so even if it gets patched people will still make efforts to bypass Game Freak's systems.

Got a 5/6 Modest nature Ralts in Luxury Ball with it's Hidden Ability from Wonder Trade.
    It is missing her SpA IV.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

good news is you can breed perfect ralts from it really easily