Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    lol t hat's how I heal to a degree only I use grid. I see someone that needs healing I click em then press on my keyboard the button that the heal is on so for example person1 needs healing. Click em in grid press 1 for divine light and it heals them. Person 2 only needs a little healing, click them in grid press 3 for holy shock, it heals them then go to whoever else needs healing.

Supposedly an extremely inefficent way to heal but it works best for me and I healed 12/12 last tier and 7/7 this one as well as H shannox so it can't be THAT bad. But alas. Gotta keep the guild happy so I shall try their method
    I can tell you the problem with this style of healing is.

Lets say you have 2 targets that's need healing really fast, you click the first target then the healing spell, lets say with a holy shock, and because this have to go really fast you happen click the healing spell before you click the next target. you have now healed the first target twice and the 2nd target is now dead.

This have happend to me before i started using clique, have been on mouse overmarco didn't like it, by use less bottoms the chance you'll make a mistake is disincreased.

I would never go back and i don't care if you are use clique, mouse over, healbot or vhudo or something else just use one click heal plz.

You state that you have a razer naga, so do i and i use a combo of bind keys to clique and just spells on the action bar like LoD and CD's

And you say clique crash, tell me about this, have never heard of it or seen it and have been using it for 2 years now.

It is all based on what you are used to and comfortable with but I think cligue is the best way to go for many reasons:

TLDR:
    1. easier to move
    2. you dont have to bind to you mouse.
    3. it allows you to judge and interrupt without changing targets or focus macros

I personally use clique and elv ui frames. I feel this allows me to do the most healing using my mouse and max movement with my keyboard hand. and to people who say "using keyboard to move? wow keyboard turner" i would say that any time i need to turn I can easily move my mouse 1 inch and turn my character.

And BTW, if you dont want to use clique with mouse buttons you can bind them to your numbers and f and g or whatever you normally use, but it just saves you from having to click the target.

Also it allows you to judge and interupt without having to stop healing.

Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    It is all based on what you are used to and comfortable with but I think cligue is the best way to go for many reasons:

TLDR:
    1. easier to move
    2. you dont have to bind to you mouse.
    3. it allows you to judge and interrupt without changing targets or focus macros

I personally use clique and elv ui frames. I feel this allows me to do the most healing using my mouse and max movement with my keyboard hand. and to people who say "using keyboard to move? wow keyboard turner" i would say that any time i need to turn I can easily move my mouse 1 inch and turn my character.

And BTW, if you dont want to use clique with mouse buttons you can bind them to your numbers and f and g or whatever you normally use, but it just saves you from having to click the target.

Also it allows you to judge and interupt without having to stop healing.
    Most healing addons let you do the same thing now. It really comes down to personal preference. There is basically no difference between grid/healbot/vuhdo/clique
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

elvui with mouseover healing

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Grid and mouseover macros + Clique so that I can bind a couple of spells to mouse Left/Right buttons.

Grid is probably the best and most customizable raid frame you can get. I have used it for at least a year or more since back when pitbul 3 went dead. Check out my kill Vid link in sig to see how badass it can be setup and how much it can do.

10+ Year Old Account
    elvui .... and thats it, no weird mouseover macros no extra addons... just plain and simple.
    been holy paladin since i can remember... and mostly topping every fight in every expansion i am topping the charts...

i used healbot, easy to setup n use n track health

Deleted
    If you heal good.. dont suck n all.. and you are used to the way you heal.. have done it for 2 long to simply change now.. than i dont think you should.. all that matters is that your guild is pleased (which is .. you heal good) .. and that you are pleased.. I know few people including a paladin.. they use grid.. or default frames.. with targeting and casting.. like you do.. and they do kinda terrible HPS.. after i said one of them (a priest) to try vuhdo.. he didnt like it at all.. and he healed even worse after.. but after some time.. he practiced.. got used to it.. now his healing has incresed.. so as I see it.. the faster you react to healing someone.. the better your HPS and healing in general.. but if you are sooo used to the targeting and casting method.. and your HPS dowsnt suck.. that would mean that you are used to reacting really fast.. than I personally don't see a point in changing anything.. It's only worth changing something.. as in my case.. those people had very bad healing.. but if your good.. stay with it

Grid + Clique

I play a resto Druid so I am required to watch over more things, HoTs in particular. Grid has heavy customization for these things and displays things in a cleaner and more compact interface.

A resto druid needs to watch Rejuv timer, Lifebloom Timer, WG timer (optional), dispellable debuffs. I personally also like to see health deficit and incoming heals.

Top left is Rejuv, Top Middle is WG, Top Left is LB (both stack and timer), left is magic dispel, right is curse,poison,disease, bottom left is health deficit and bottom right is incoming heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Azome View Post
    I would never go back and i don't care if you are use clique, mouse over, healbot or vhudo or something else just use one click heal plz.
    ^ This is true. By one click healing, you free up your left hand to do other tasks. Like moving and keyboard turning while you're healing at the same time (mainly a resto Druid problem). I also bind self heals to my left hand, allowing me to quickly switch between raid healing and self healing (more important in PvP). Target heals are also bound to my left hand, allowing me to switch quickly between tank healing, self healing and raid healing all while being able to keyboard turn and move immediately.

I used VuhDo during all of Wrath on all my healers, but in Cata I've just started using the standard Blizz raid frames (In TBC I used Xperl). So basically, no healing addons anymore.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

I can tell you the problem with this style of healing is.

Lets say you have 2 targets that's need healing really fast, you click the first target then the healing spell, lets say with a holy shock, and because this have to go really fast you happen click the healing spell before you click the next target. you have now healed the first target twice and the 2nd target is now dead.

This have happend to me before i started using clique, have been on mouse overmarco didn't like it, by use less bottoms the chance you'll make a mistake is disincreased.

You state that you have a razer naga, so do i and i use a combo of bind keys to clique and just spells on the action bar like LoD and CD's

And you say clique crash, tell me about this, have never heard of it or seen it and have been using it for 2 years now.
    I've switched to click and then keybind heal at the start of 4.2, by far superior to healing style's like your trying to push on people. I used to love just using left/right mouse click+modifiers, and i used to love mouseover macro's, until I realized I couldnt mouse turn and cast my heals at the same time. Being able to heal on the move is huge and you have to be pretty fail to click with your left hand before your right in those close call scenario's.

Tandoor of Something Novel

man allways the same reply's i get from peopple with the iq of a appel.

Stick to what you know and do best. Do go and try the others to see if you do like them better. But I know sucky healers using loads of addons, and great healers using only DBM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Using Clique with the ElvUI raid frames.
    Same here. Got all my heals bound to naga buttons in Clique and backed up in Bindpad (meaning that I cast Divine Light when I press 6 over someone and I cast the same spell if I just press the button without mouseovering). I barely use keyboard for healing though, only for mod keys. For example my life saving cooldowns are always shift LMB and shift RMB. Rest of the keyboard buttons are for DPS spells, utility and CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by s8mpurye View Post
    I've switched to click and then keybind heal at the start of 4.2, by far superior to healing style's like your trying to push on people. I used to love just using left/right mouse click+modifiers, and i used to love mouseover macro's, until I realized I couldnt mouse turn and cast my heals at the same time. Being able to heal on the move is huge and you have to be pretty fail to click with your left hand before your right in those close call scenario's.
    I have to admit, that is the most annoying thing. Lucky for me I have naga and as I've said all the buttons are backed up to work without mouseover target, so I can target-than-heal if I need to, although I barely ever do it. Even on Alysrazor tornado phase I manage to click heal and evade tornadoes at the same time. I guess it's a personal matter of how much multitasking you can handle.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2011-09-12 at 09:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's topping charts and there's topping charts.

Do what feels right but do not be afraid to try new things. They may feel clunky at first, but give it more than one BH or 5 man run before you decide. You have to get used to any new healing style you may try. Take my word for it though, as one of the best in the biz, mouseover (macro or mod doesn't matter) is the way to go. It may not seem like a lot of time or effort to click a frame and cast, but why expend any more time of effort than you have to. Even if you bind everything to your mouse clicks it's not wrong or cheating or cutting corners. It's smart play. Freeing up resources and reducing the amount of time and brain power you have to commit to actually casting spells will allow you to focus more on what's important such as what to cast and why as well as environment changes that can be more hazardous to healers who spend a lot of time with their eyes on raid frames.

Bottom line. The more you can improve your UI and increase your response time the better healer you will become.

Deleted
    That is, why I love mouseover macros so much. It falls back to target healing, when you are not hovering over someone. So you don't need to target someone to heal, but if you need to use your mouse to move, you can still heal your current target.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I used grid + clique like 6 months or so.

When we reached first time LK25HC, as a disc priest, I then SAW that clicking the grid is totally not efficient. It takes longer, trust me. When I was spamming PW:S, i was doing it at least 30% faster with the mouseover macros that by clicking with clique. I think this still applies to resto druids for rejuv spam.

You can easily have a few easy binds like: 1,2,3,4,5, ALT + 1..4, Shift + 1..4 and it's easier, and faster, and for some reason I feel like I have a better mobility this way.

Deleted
    Tell me your a troll, 2 click healing will never be superior in anyway that i could think of.

And you try by telling that you couldn't mouseturn? you do realize that you can mouseturn while casting a spell? you do realize that you are able to heal on the run with grid+cliqeu? plz again tell you're a troll.

Deleted
    Tell me your a troll, 2 click healing will never be superior in anyway that i could think of.

And you try by telling that you couldn't mouseturn? you do realize that you can mouseturn while casting a spell? you do realize that you are able to heal on the run with grid+cliqeu? plz again tell you're a troll.
    Ne, he has a point there. When you are clicking on frames you can't mouseturn. And since you are moving at the same time I guess you'll be casting instants only, so there is very little time to turn using the mouse. And even worse, my A and D buttons do strafing even when I'm not holding down mouse button, so it does coause some problems. I don't think that this problems are big enough to completely change your way of healing, but they are present never the less.

I don't understand, were you healing fine before? If so, keep using Grid as you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Ne, he has a point there. When you are clicking on frames you can't mouseturn. And since you are moving at the same time I guess you'll be casting instants only, so there is very little time to turn using the mouse. And even worse, my A and D buttons do strafing even when I'm not holding down mouse button, so it does coause some problems. I don't think that this problems are big enough to completely change your way of healing, but they are present never the less.
    Idd, but i see more problems with 2 click healing than with clique or mouseover etc.

And to bring this back on topic, 2 click healing can be nice, and as some have stated, better in some scenes BUT the margin of error, as i see it, is bigger with 2 click healing. If you are able to keep this to the same as 1 click healing i see no problem with you healing the way you do if you heal better this way, but then again you say you don't even have healed a raid with this, to you, new healing style and therefore it is hard to tell if you could improve you already good way of healing.

I say, try it out for a month or 2, assuming you are raiding 2-3 times a week, and see what happens, if you by this time isn't up to you previous standard go back, you might even learn something and bring it into you old style.