Deleted

Is there an Addon that lets you create and share own Achievement?

As the title says. Is there any addon that lets you make own achievements? I would LOVE such an addon.
    Do you think it'd possible to do? For example: Gnome Killer! [kill 500 gnomes in kalimador]
    I think it's a great idea! It could be used for Roleplaying and guild recruitment and what not

This may be as close as you can get: UnderAchiever.

However, I think this is mainly for faking achievements that are already in the game.

You can create them as signatures for forums too at: http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/achievements
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-09-10 at 07:31 PM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

There should be addons that have custom achievements, and otherwise I believe Treeston can code something up for you

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    This may be as close as you can get: UnderAchiever.

However, I think this is mainly for faking achievements that are already in the game.

You can create them as signatures for forums too at: http://worldofwarcraft.mmocluster.com/achievements
    Yeah i've seen a few signatures like that on forums That's where I got the idea from.

Can't you get banned if someone reports you for faking an achievement in game?

10+ Year Old Account
    whislst not exactly what you want, treeston made an addon that awards achievements based on loot criteria, i darsay someone could use/modify his code/basis, check:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Premium-inside

---------- Post added 2011-09-10 at 08:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMcNut View Post
    all you've done is run an ingame script, the script shouldn't be available if it would get you banned, and i don't see what's bannable there anyway

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMcNut View Post
    Hm.. I read before that you couldnt get banned for it, because its just text but it may have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriko View Post
    Hm.. I read before that you couldnt get banned for it, because its just text but it may have changed.
    I think I've heard of people claiming underachiever could get you banned (It'll definitely piss off raid/pug leaders that's for sure) but I'm not sure about making up your own achievements

Deleted
    No way you can get banned for falsifying achievement links. Also, no way to get banned for creating "custom" achievements, as those aren't actual "server-side" achievements.
    Go ahead and expand on FLE's existing achievement framework if you're willing to do the code for it, I suppose. It's pretty simple (eh, well, that depends on your point of view I suppose :/)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    whislst not exactly what you want, treeston made an addon that awards achievements based on loot criteria, i darsay someone could use/modify his code/basis, check:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Premium-inside
    Thanks for the link! That's very interesting
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-10 at 07:57 PM.

Deleted
    Give me a second and I'll write up a quick API doc for FLE's achievement functions for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Give me a second and I'll write up a quick API doc for FLE's achievement functions for you.
    Ohh okay... I suck at coding and i really have no plan to code so. But it could be useful for someone more experienced who's reading this I guess =D

Deleted
    Code:
    ------------------------
    --  FLE ACH API DOC  --
    -- ACCURATE BETA-4  --
    ------------------------

FirstLootEver:RegisterAchievement(avID, avLabel, avDesc, avIcon, checkFunc, criteriaTable, fleCategory, previousAch, nextAch)
    - Arguments
    -- avID
    --- (number) Unique ID that identifies the achievement. Duplicate IDs will lead to unexpected behavior (shit will go wrong)
    -- avLabel
    --- (string) Label that is used to identify the achievement to the user. Duplicate labels are not any issue.
    -- avDesc
    --- (string) String used to describe the achievement (used in the achievement window)
    -- avIcon
    --- (string)(texturepath) Path to a texture to use for this achievement. Relative to the WoW root folder.
    -- checkFunc
    --- (function) Will be called every time a new item is looted
    ---- Arguments to checkFunc
    ----- addon
    ------ The main FLE object
    ----- id
    ------ The itemID of the newly looted item. GetItemInfo information can be assumed to already exist in the client cache.
    ----- readFunc
    ------ A function that reads a boolean value from the achievement's memory space.
    ------- readFunc arguments
    -------- index
    --------- (number) The index in the memory space to read from
    ----- writeFunc
    ------ A function that writes a boolean value to the achievement's memory space.
    ------- writeFunc arguments
    -------- index
    --------- (number) Index to write the boolean into
    -------- value
    --------- (boolean) Value to write to the specified memory index
    ---- Return values for checkFunc
    ----- doAward
    ------ If the first return value evaluates to true, the achievement is awarded.
    -- criteriaTable
    --- (table) A indexed table of criteria to display on the achievement. Consists of functions. Each function will be called when the respective criteria is requested for display.
    ---- criteriaFunc arguments
    ----- addon
    ------ The main FLE addon object
    ----- readFunc
    ------ Reads a boolean from the achievement's memory. See checkFunc arguments above for further details.
    ---- criteriaFunc return values
    ------ Return values should be the same as the return values from GetAchievementCriteriaInfo. If referencing other achievements, string "FirstLootEver_"..avID should be used. For criteriaID, string "FirstLootEver_"..avID.."_"..criteriaNum should be used.
    -- fleCategory
    --- (string) A string identifying the category the achievement belongs to. Category will be created if it doesn't exist.
    -- previousAch
    --- (number) For achievement chains, this is the avID for the previous achievement in the chain, nil otherwise. Can only be passed avIDs of achievements created using FLE APIs.
    -- nextAch
    --- (number) For achievement chains, this is the avID for the next achievement in the chain, nil otherwise. Can only be passed avIDs of achievements created using FLE APIs.

FirstLootEver:AwardAchievement(avID)
    - Arguments
    -- avID
    --- (number) numeric ID of the achievement to award

---------- Post added 2011-09-10 at 10:10 PM ----------

I'll copy one of my achievement functions and comment it for you in a second.

---------- Post added 2011-09-10 at 10:27 PM ----------

Code:
    FirstLootEver:RegisterAchievement(280, "Not Cross-Realm", "Obtain any item of Heirloom quality.", -- avID 280, name is "Not Cross-Realm"
    	"Interface\\Icons\\Achievement_BG_returnXflags_def_WSG", -- icon texture
    	function(addon, id) -- checkFunc
    		if (select(3,GetItemInfo(id))) == 7 then -- if the itemQuality of the looted item is 7 (Heirloom)
    			return true -- award achievement
    		end
    	end,
    	{ -- it has no criteria to display (single-step-achievement)
    	},
    	"Heirloom", -- it's in the heirloom category
    	nil, -- there's no previous one
    	281 -- the next one is 281 ("Complete Inheritance!", loot every heirloom there is)
    )
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-09-10 at 08:59 PM.