10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for Vegeta. Granted, his arrogance leads to stupid and catastrophic mistakes, but at least he's not some sugary-sweet, pure, archetypal good guy. I'm not saying that I don't like Goku, but he is kind of... uninteresting sometimes.

Also, Team Four Star's abridged series is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen, watch it if you haven't seen it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just started reading the DB Multiverse comics and they are amazing! That's something I'd love to see animated and made into the next show.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    shenron is actually very weak, king piccolo killed him. Omega shenron on the other hand was the power of all the wishes ever.
    Did this happen in dragonball? I remember watching some episodes as a kid, and loving it, but that's pretty much all I remember. Judging from what I've read about it in this thread and possibly that comment it sounds pretty sweet, guess I'll go watch it.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

shenron is actually very weak, king piccolo killed him. Omega shenron on the other hand was the power of all the wishes ever.
    Wasnt Omega shenron the negative power of all the wishes ever?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadNotSleeping View Post
    That kinda goes without saying.

just saying there is a distinction between the power of all the wishes ever and the negative power of all the wishes ever

Want a bit of a mindfuck? Assuming the negative energy of each wish is equivalent to the energy expended, then by choosing not to come back to life at the end of the Cell saga, did Goku not save the universe? If he returned, that wish would have been used to wish someone as powerful as Goku back to life, instead of removing the bomb in 18's chest.

That would have made Omega Shenron that much stronger. Can Goku see the future!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Want a bit of a mindfuck? Assuming the negative energy of each wish is equivalent to the energy expended, then by choosing not to come back to life at the end of the Cell saga, did Goku not save the universe? If he returned, that wish would have been used to wish someone as powerful as Goku back to life, instead of removing the bomb in 18's chest.

That would have made Omega Shenron that much stronger. Can Goku see the future!?!?!?
    MIND = FUCKED!

but i am glad that underpants was a wish, oolong was definitely thinking ahead with that one

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think Buu would have any issues. Keep in mind Super Buu nearly destroys the cosmos by getting mad. That's both the physical universe, and the afterlife.
    The Anti-Spiral gathers up a force equal to the big bang and throws it at TTGL, who just takes the hit easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    The Anti-Spiral gathers up a force equal to the big bang and throws it at TTGL, who just takes the hit easily.
    Cool, the cosmos of DBZ is bigger than the physical universe, as it also contains heaven, hell, snake way, the realm of the kais, etc. So that's still not equal to Super Buu getting angry, let alone one of his actual attacks.

ok what is tenga toppa lenga turon or whatever
    Also it seemed to me like what the wish was didn't matter for how much negative energy was made only that a wish was made. Oolongs wish for underwear made one of the shenrons (the water tornado-y one i think).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    ok what is tenga toppa lenga turon or whatever
    Also it seemed to me like what the wish was didn't matter for how much negative energy was made only that a wish was made. Oolongs wish for underwear made one of the shenrons (the water tornado-y one i think).
    I think at some point when they're explaining it in GT, they say something about the selfishness of the wishes. But the main thing was that with the dragon radar, and their ability to move so fast, they were finding them too fast, which is why there was so much negative energy buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think at some point when they're explaining it in GT, they say something about the selfishness of the wishes. But the main thing was that with the dragon radar, and their ability to move so fast, they were finding them too fast, which is why there was so much negative energy buildup.
    Yeah, there was that talk about negative energy being neutralized by positive energy over the course of 100 years of Dragon Balls not being used.

Anyone here got any skill with making meme pictures? I've always wanted a picture of Goten that says "Everybody calm the fuck down, I got this." from the episode where Videl learned about energy and Goten held out his hand right before he blew up the rock. That'd be awesome.

Anyone here got any skill with making meme pictures? I've always wanted a picture of Goten that says "Everybody calm the fuck down, I got this." from the episode where Videl learned about energy and Goten held out his hand right before he blew up the rock. That'd be awesome.
    i think Genn has been doing them

10+ Year Old Account
    i think Genn has been doing them
    i made none of them

i googled them

or saw them on le 9gag

---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 06:33 AM ----------

sooooo

general rilldo is stronger then majin buu......

da fuk
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2012-03-16 at 05:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lymph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The power needed for the wish determined the strength of the shadow dragon, while the selfishness (or lack thereof) determined the personality of the shadow dragon.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Dragon

All of the Dragons' personalities are inversely proportional to those of the wishes that created them (whether they were selfish or selfless). They also bear a direct relation to their time in the manga (comical or dark). Their power levels are also directly proportional to the strength of the wishes used to give them life.

Haze Shenron is the weakest and most comical of the Shadow Dragons, and is correpondingly created by a wish that takes place in the the early half of Dragon Ball (specifically, the Fortuneteller Baba Saga), a very comical anime in and of itself. The wish that creates him revives only one person (Bora), and so the wish uses relatively little power, leading Haze to be the weakest of the Shadow Dragons.

Rage Shenron is individually frail, but has some of the deadliest elemental powers of any Shadow Dragon, and is created by the wish that revives Goku after he sacrifices himself to kill Raditz (only one person is affected directly, but it is designed to save everyone from the Saiyans). Rage Shenron's powers of Elasticity is strong enough to withstand Goku's 10x Kamehameha, even though his offensive power is not even enough to hurt SS4 Goku at all. Rage is relatively dark compared to Haze or Oceanus, but is created in Dragon Ball Z, which is considered a much darker anime than Dragon Ball.

Oceanus Shenron is the second most comical dragon, and is created in a time when the series is still very comical (specifically, the Emperor Pilaf Saga). She is both good (in that she provides free fish to the townsfolk, and it was only they, not Oceanus, who abused their newfound laziness, though she may have counted on this) and bad (in that she uses several dirty tactics to try to defeat Goku and pollutes the town with rotten fish), and is created with a wish neither completely good, nor completely evil: Oolong wished for a hot girl's panties (or the most comfortable underwear in the world in the dubbed version), which may also explain why Oceanus has a female appearance. However, as Oolong made a selfish wish with good intentions (wasting the dragon's powers before Pilaf could wish for world domination), Oceanus is likewise an evil dragon beneath a benevolent facade (both figuratively and literally, as she also hides her hideous true form behind her elegant "water spirit" persona).

Naturon Shenron is the darkest of the first four dragons, and is created in a very dark time in Dragon Ball Z. He uses very evil tactics (such as using Pan as a human shield), which corresponds to the selfless wish to revive Majin Vegeta's victims in the Majin Buu Saga. Incidentally, Naturon is very weak until he possesses a body, at which point his power rises exponentially. This parallels Majin Vegeta's "controller", Babidi, who was likewise a relatively frail schemer who relied on others to defend him.

Nuova Shenron is created by King Piccolo's wish for eternal youth, which is undeniably selfish, and as such, is the most noble and honorable of the Shadow Dragons. Nuova is also notable for being the fastest among the dragons; his speed is enough to completely outclass that of a Super Saiyan 4, and catch even Omega Shenron by surprise. He is very serious, as the King Piccolo Saga is a very dark and serious time in the Dragon Ball anime.

Eis Shenron is among the dirtiest of all the Shadow Dragons, even more so than Syn Shenron (he uses both Pan and Nuova as shields to protect himself). He is created by a wish that is made so that, of all people, Majin Buu, a creature responsible for the deaths of billions and the destruction of countless planets, could have a second chance by making everyone but the Z Fighters forget their evil deeds, arguably making it the most selfless wish made.

Syn Shenron is created by the wish that most likely revived the most victims, since one can only reasonably assume that others besides the Namekians were killed by Frieza and his henchmen in the preceding year. Therefore, just as Haze (being created by a single person's revival) is the weakest, Syn (created by the most people's revival) is the strongest. His brutal, unrelentingly evil nature could be the result of the amount of negative energy used to create him, or as a result of the selflessness of the wish's intentions (by reviving the Namekians, the heroes intended to use Porunga to transport everyone except Frieza away from the dying planet of Namek, leaving the tyrant to perish in the explosion).

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 11:44 PM ----------

sooooo

general rilldo is stronger then majin buu......

da fuk
    As bad as GT was, it would of been even more boring if everyone was weaker than Majin Buu. I can kind of understand the Shadow Dragons strength, but for everyone else, I cover my ears and go "Lalala Buu is strongest in the universe lalalala".

Yeah it doesn't make sense how easily buu is outclassed but meh.
    The thing that confused me about general rildo is that goku never actually killed him. (he was all the metal on the planet and goku couldn't beat him. then he sent them to where baby was then they came back and flew away in their space ship) However, when they released all the people from hell, general rildo came out n gohan and him fought.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.dbz.tv/watch/dragonball-gt-episode-23/

I think he can only use metal to recover while in his transformed state, and they hit him in his base form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    The power needed for the wish determined the strength of the shadow dragon, while the selfishness (or lack thereof) determined the personality of the shadow dragon.

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Dragon

---------- Post added 2012-03-15 at 11:44 PM ----------

As bad as GT was, it would of been even more boring if everyone was weaker than Majin Buu. I can kind of understand the Shadow Dragons strength, but for everyone else, I cover my ears and go "Lalala Buu is strongest in the universe lalalala".
    i can see why baby, super 17, and the shadow dragons are

but come on...... rilldo?