I love that scene Genn. One of my favorites in all of DBZ. It really shows the fundamental difference between Goku/ The Z fighters and early Vegeta and is the reason why Goku was the one who reached SSJ first. A true Saiyan loves to fight when he knows he's outclassed. Something all the Z fighters learned from goku at an early age.

Nice find Zoma. I knew I had scene them before, I just could not place it hence it bothering me so much. I don't think I'm alone when I say anyone whos ever watched the DBZ movies has only watched that travesty once. Also, thanks for the info MasterGuns, I would of found it eventually with that I'm sure. Very nice original card set.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I really guess there's no way to tell if they are a direct reprint or not, but they all have the 90 dates on them, all feel and look slightly old, even though they are all in near mint condition. I've kept good care of them. But they all *appear*, for all intents and purposes, to be the original thing.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I mean, I really guess there's no way to tell if they are a direct reprint or not, but they all have the 90 dates on them, all feel and look slightly old, even though they are all in near mint condition. I've kept good care of them. But they all *appear*, for all intents and purposes, to be the original thing.
    I like cards of all varieties. I have a few card collections myself. With the evolved internet these days people forget that for a long time that was like the best place to get cool individual images of your favorite stuff. Just something that's taken for granted these days.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

15+ Year Old Account
    I know what you mean. I collect the Carddass collection because of the art work. It's really well done IMO.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 06:36 AM ----------

Here's a query for debate:

Dragonball GT: Canon, or not?

I say, not canon, as Toriyama himself said that GT is nothing more than "a nice side story", like the films. The films were not manga, they were made by Toei Animation, and he did not write them. So, how would it be canon?

Deleted
    GT had a lot of potential imo. Toriyama could of delivered on that potential if he had made it.

10+ Year Old Account

I say, not canon, as Toriyama himself said that GT is nothing more than "a nice side story", like the films. The films were not manga, they were made by Toei Animation, and he did not write them. So, how would it be canon?
    I think we had this debate earlier in the thread. I believe we eventually decided it was either alternate timeline, or alternate universe. Same with the movies that don't fit the timeline.

Another option was that as long as the manga doesn't directly contradict it, it's canon.

One of the main arguments against GT being canon is Dragon Ball Online and the Battle of the Gods movie, both of which Toriyama was involved and take place after Buu's defeat.

I know what you mean. I collect the Carddass collection because of the art work. It's really well done IMO.

---------- Post added 2013-05-26 at 06:36 AM ----------

Until proven otherwise GT is canon to an alternate universe.

And for reference, Toriyama considers the contributions of others to Dragon Ball, (such as the movies) to be legitimate, despite the fact that it annoys fans. I remember in particular there was a time that he was asked if female Saiyans exist. His response was something along the lines of, "there's a female Saiyan in the Bardock movie, so yeah".

15+ Year Old Account
    @Zoma, yes, those cards are all holographic. They are actually a part of a special set. Put them side by side and the edges match up pictures. It makes a collage of images through different cards.

Actually, I have a few sets like that throughout my collection, but the only holographic ones I have are those first 4 GT ones on my first page, power level 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    why gohan... why did u not do this!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any new Dragon ball stuff coming out or is Akirya going to finally let it be?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzoman20 View Post
    Any new Dragon ball stuff coming out or is Akirya going to finally let it be?
    Well, a couple of months ago there was the new movie and that one hints at more new stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't care yet, still waiting for dubbed.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:55 AM ----------

so its out in September on dvd? BETTER BE IN ENGLISH WITH OUR FAVORITE VOICE ACTORS

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

---------- Post added 2013-05-28 at 01:55 AM ----------

so its out in September on dvd? BETTER BE IN ENGLISH WITH OUR FAVORITE VOICE ACTORS
    Wrath of the Dragon wasn't dubbed for 11 years. I'll be lucky to see English dubbed Battle of Gods before I'm 30 years old.

15+ Year Old Account
    Chris Sabat (voice of american vegeta) stated that they won't be dubbing Battle of Gods for about 2 years. It has to do with legal rights. The rights are all to Toei Animation right now.

As far as if Akira has done, there are many rumors that this is just the beginning of a new wave of movies and possibly a new series taking place after Z. It'll be like GT, but, you know, real and canon.

10+ Year Old Account

I feel like those last two frames should be switched for greater effect.

10+ Year Old Account

It means food and sex. the latter of which is twice in your life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    [IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/941955_203480646442521_1833545872_n.jpg[IMG]

It means food and sex. the latter of which is twice in your life
    Ok, so speaking of, the IMDB page for DBZ confuses me, because there were so many different dubs of it. In one, Andrea Libman played Chi Chi in Dragon Ball, but I'm pretty sure it's not the Funimation dub. She's Canadian, did Canada have its own dub? Or did she play her in like two episodes and then they switched, because didn't they do that for one of the main characters in DBZ?