10+ Year Old Account
    everyone but superman there is automatically fucked

Batman is pretty cunning.

I want to say ironman,Gohan,Tie,Tie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So beating Bills results in the destruction of planets? I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what Goku and Vegeta wanted to achieve by fighting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    So beating Bills results in the destruction of planets? I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of what Goku and Vegeta wanted to achieve by fighting him.
    Its just funny of who stood a chance against bills

Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Batman is pretty cunning.

I want to say ironman,Gohan,Tie,Tie
    No and no. Both would die instantly. Cunning doesn't matter when your opponent is a million times stronger than you and has no weakness. Iron Man is so far below Ultimate Gohan that I don't even know where to fucking start. I mean, this is Gohan we're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je3AboAx9Zs

I would bet on final form Frieza over Iron Man any day of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Iron man could possibly beat Raditz and thats only a possibly.

I mean Nappa blew up a city with 2 fingers.... his Pl was 4000 I think 7000 when he powered up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    You might be pretty sure that it's canon but you're wrong, lol. Akira Toriyama had nothing to do with GT besides a couple of artwork pieces and designs.

He didn't write it, and there was no manga. Therefore, it's not canon. Just like the movies, except Battle of Gods, which is canon, because Toriyama said so.
    Actually, on the topic of canon movies. Since BoG is supposed to be canon, does that mean 'yo! Son Goku and his friends return' is canon aswell? After all, they did mention Vegeta's brother when trying to transform.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Actually, on the topic of canon movies. Since BoG is supposed to be canon, does that mean 'yo! Son Goku and his friends return' is canon aswell? After all, they did mention Vegeta's brother when trying to transform.
    yes

yes it is

10+ Year Old Account
    It was a pleasant suprise for me to see a release of BoG, what's the 'deal' with it, is DBZ returning? :O
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    It was a pleasant suprise for me to see a release of BoG, what's the 'deal' with it, is DBZ returning? :O
    That's what we're all hoping for, but absolutely nothing has been confirmed yet. It does hint at it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Its just funny of who stood a chance against bills
    Yeah I agree, was just nitpicking.

On the subject of canon, I'm of the opinion that everything is canon unless directly stated otherwise. And Toriyama seems to regard things that are not in the manga with at least some level of authenticity, judging by comments he's made in interviews that I've linked in this thread before. He even stated that he likes it when other people add things to his franchise, even though the fans sometimes don't approve. Which is pretty much the closest he's ever come to commenting on GT in a meaningful way.

Things that cause contradictions are alternate universe if they're from a different medium/format, like movies vs anime vs manga, so long as those inconsistencies do not require more than 12 universes to sort them all out. And in that event I follow manga > DB/Z anime > movies > GT > DB:O > other video games > live action movies, with the weakest thing on the list being the first to go. I consider what if scenarios in, for example, the Budokai games, to be exactly that, and thus are not subject to the 12 universe rule.

Because that format just makes sense to me. ^_^
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2013-09-20 at 09:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    No and no. Both would die instantly. Cunning doesn't matter when your opponent is a million times stronger than you and has no weakness. Iron Man is so far below Ultimate Gohan that I don't even know where to fucking start. I mean, this is Gohan we're talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je3AboAx9Zs

I would bet on final form Frieza over Iron Man any day of the week.
    I would bet Yamcha against any1 in that picture except superman... heck make them all against yamcha... and they would still die in 1 hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    On the subject of canon, I'm of the opinion that everything is canon unless directly stated otherwise. And Toriyama seems to regard things that are not in the manga with at least some level of authenticity, judging by comments he's made in interviews that I've linked in this thread before. He even stated that he likes it when other people add things to his franchise, even though the fans sometimes don't approve. Which is pretty much the closest he's ever come to commenting on GT in a meaningful way.

Things that cause contradictions are alternate universe if they're from a different medium/format, like movies vs anime vs manga, so long as those inconsistencies do not require more than 12 universes to sort them all out. And in that event I follow manga > DB/Z anime > movies > GT > DB:O > other video games > live action movies, with the weakest thing on the list being the first to go. I consider what if scenarios in, for example, the Budokai games, to be exactly that, and thus are not subject to the 12 universe rule.

Because that format just makes sense to me. ^_^
    I think it's better to start splitting what is canon for each universe. It's true that every contradiction can now be possible because of the alternate universes, but right now those aren't relevant. I mean, sure, the movies may all be canon, but why bother including them in discussions of our universe when they have no effect on it (I'm not saying they shouldn't be discussed at all and they can be used for comparisons of course). At least, they don't matter until we start going to the alternate universes.

Also, that canon format does make the most sense.

Oh and I was also meaning to mention this:
    The legendary dragonballs, which was sought after by the feared Red Ribbon Army and the evil demon lord King Piccolo and were even desired by alien races, is now reduced to a bingo prize.
    I think that made me chuckle the most in the movie.
    Last edited by Turin; 2013-09-21 at 06:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

soooooo

this page is now cooler

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, for those who care, chapter 2 of Toriyama's 'ginga patrol Jakob' got translated

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    I think it's better to start splitting what is canon for each universe. It's true that every contradiction can now be possible because of the alternate universes, but right now those aren't relevant.
    Just because we know for a fact that there are multiple universes, doesn't mean we should automatically assume they work exactly like the Dragonball multiverse fanfiction. Maybe they don't contain alternate versions of the storyline, maybe they're just different universes with plenty of monsters, aliens and sentient races. Kinda similar to how Goku meets powerful fighters from a different galaxy in the other world tournament.

Heck, if there would ever be a new series I would consider it more likely that these new universes work like that instead of being an alternate version of the storyline. Because what is more awesome? Just seeing the same story with a slight difference or having 11 entirely new universes with powerful fighters to explore?

The latter would actually ensure that Goku doesn't have to be the most powerful being in existance anymore, he might be nothing more than a common soldier. This would set up a new storyline of the Z fighters having to beat stronger foes each time. It would be back to basics so to speak. It would be similar to the start of DBZ, where everything was new and exciting. But for Frieza being the most powerful being in the universe he got killed off pretty fast.

Anyway, that's just what I would prefer to see. A new series of adventures in all the different universes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The multiverse theory states that there are an infinite number of universes with an infinite amount of possibilities.

The movie only states that there is a certain amount of universes, and doesn't state the significance, only that Goku isn't necessarily the strongest being in existence.

GT being under a certain universe could be a good enough excuse as for that happening, without detracting from those who actually did like GT for what it was by telling them "sorry, we're removing your story now".

I don't imagine multiple stories for every universe, but I can see a handful of stories in the future easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    lets just have 12 different universes. way more fun that way.