10+ Year Old Account
    Ill have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    Technically not DBZ related... shhh don't tell no one... but TFS released an abridged episode of Attack on Titan and sweet mother teresa on the hood of a mercedes benz it's freaking hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr2PyNriPWI

It's up to the first 5 episodes of the anime, so spoiler alert. I was laughing pretty loudly at the ending.
    I've never watched that anime before, but I almost died laughing at the training.

Is this what they were trying to mimic?
    Last edited by Haywire5714; 2013-11-14 at 05:00 AM.

Deleted
    How anyone enjoys Abridged shit is beyond me, always the same jokes in every damn one. Just like sitcoms >_>

Guess thats why I never enjoyed anything else but Friends from all the sitcoms (it just happenend to be the first one I've seen).

Deleted
    I love the DBZ and Hellsing ones from them, but i have to say, i didnt even chuckle one time during that one. It felt pretty bad to me, which is pretty disapointing considering what a great job they are doing with DBZ and Hellsing.

Maybe the Best/Worst Paraody of DbZ i've ever seen ever/

This is the Best/Worst Parody I've ever seen!

Alright, so that whole Broly V.S. Vegito/Gogeta thing I was telling you guys about?

According to the guy I was arguing with, Broly (as is in his movie) was capable of taking down Janemba and other villains no problem. Like, without his power-up effect from the LSSJ form.

I tried to explain it with simplified power levels and multipliers, with just example power levels each for Broly, Vegeta, and Goku's base forms. Here's basically it (this assumes that LSSJ is twice as powerful of a multiplier as the regular SSJ forms):

Multipliers:
    SSJ: x50
    SSJ2/LSSJ: x100
    LSSJ2: x200
    SSJ3: x400
    LSSJ3: x800
    SSJ4: x4000
    LSSJ4: x8000

Goku (Base): 5,000
    Vegeta (Base): 5,000
    Broly (Base): 10,000

Going of this, we give Broly his natural power just from being the legendary super saiyan, while meeting the "same power level" requirement for the Fusion Dance for Goku and Vegeta.

Assuming these power levels, and assuming all 3 can hit all 4 forms (8, in Broly's case), that gives Goku, Vegeta, and Broly power levels of:

Goku: 5,000 (Base), 250,000 (SSJ), 500,000 (SSJ2), 2,000,000 (SSJ3), 20,000,000 (SSJ4).
    Vegeta: 5,000 (Base), 250,000 (SSJ), 500,000 (SSJ2), 2,000,000 (SSJ3), 20,000,000 (SSJ4).
    Broly: 10,000 (Base), 1,000,000 (LSSJ), 2,000,000 (LSSJ2), 8,000,000 (LSSJ3), 80,000,000 (LSSJ4).

Now, the Fusion Dance and Potara Earings fusions are the only way Goku and Vegeta could hope to match or beat Broly. The Fusion Dance is an additive operation for the fused being's power level, while the Potara is multiplicative. Assuming Goku and Vegeta use either method to fuse in their base forms, Gogeta/Vegito's base power levels are:

Gogeta (Fusion Dance, Base): 10,000
    Vegito (Potara Earings, Base): 25,000,000

Obviously, this gives Gogeta the same power level as Broly, and Vegito's base form massively outnumbers anyone else's base (let alone other forms). However, Gogeta would be at a disadvantage the higher power forms that he and Broly go to, on account of the (hypothetical) multipliers for LSSJ2-4.

Here's the power levels for each of Gogeta and Vegito's forms:

Gogeta: 10,000 (Base), 500,000 (SSJ), 1,000,000 (SSJ2), 4,000,000 (SSJ3), 40,000,000 (SSJ4).
    Vegito: 25,000,000 (Base), 1,250,000,000 (SSJ1), 2,500,000,000 (SSJ2), 10,000,000,000 (SSJ3), 100,000,000,000 (SSJ4).

As you can see, Gogeta is roughly at about half of all of Broly's LSSJ forms, but at the same base form power level. Vegito just blows everyone out of the fucking water. There's a reason Vegito beat the crap out of Mystic Buuhan as a piece of candy.

Conclusion: Depending on power levels, Gogeta may or may not win against Broly. Vegito would likely win every time, simply because he's way too overpowered. Even if Broly could power up, it'd be a hell of a long time before he could match Vegito's SSJ form - let alone SSJ2, 3, or 4.
    Make sense to you guys? I think I explained it fairly well. Not sure if he'll actually use a real argument, or just go "NOU!" like most others

10+ Year Old Account
    You could just try pointing out that Broly was killed by a bunch of guys who got their asses kicked by Fat Buu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Appearance doesn't mean anything though. Just like in Dragonball when Tien couldn't even kill Drum, who was extremely fat, and yet super fast.
    Me calling him 'Fat' Buu wasn't implying he was weak because he was fat, I was just pointing out which Buu I was referring to. Fat Buu was one of the weakest versions of Buu, only stronger than Good Buu (who is physically the same as Fat Buu) and Evil Buu (the skinny brown Buu). Fat Buu is weaker than SSJ3 Goku, who in turn is weaker than Janemba, whom Shadow-cleave's buddy believes is weaker than Broly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why but I do not find any of the DBZ paradies or whatever funny at all, like the abridged stuff or the "multiverse" videos, I don't get it, it's not funny to me because I just know that it isn't real. /shrug

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    I don't know why but I do not find any of the DBZ paradies or whatever funny at all, like the abridged stuff or the "multiverse" videos, I don't get it, it's not funny to me because I just know that it isn't real. /shrug
    To me at least the TFS abridged is funny because it pokes fun at things like plotholes. It's pointing out issues with the real serie in a funny way. And then there is ofcourse their own humor added into it aswell, but the before is the reason I like it. Well, I find most things humorous so I like their own humor aswell.
    Last edited by Turin; 2013-11-18 at 05:21 AM.
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that the abridged exaggerates every single character's personality, especially their flaws lol.

Deleted
    Overall I think DBZ was kind of a poor Anime.

I liked original DB more, the tournaments in particular, the RR saga wasn't very good. :/

My favourite part of DBZ is from when future trunks arrives until end of cell games, the worst for me is whole Frieza ordeal, terribly boring tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    ooh, I just remembered a question I've been meaning to ask.

If you don't make a wish fast enough, will the dragon disappear and the dragonballs spread out over the world again?
    Every time the dragon is summoned he is complaining that it's taking too long and basically being arrogant. Yet it hasn't happened once yet that the dragon decides to just leave. Even on Namek, Porunga waited patiently after he was revived. I mean, there was no one at his position and the planet was on the verge on destruction, yet he simply 'stood' there. And during the whole Kid Buu fight, he's waiting the whole fight as well. So is his impatience merely a 'bluff' or is he unable to leave until a wish has been made or permission has been given by the summoner?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    ooh, I just remembered a question I've been meaning to ask.

If you don't make a wish fast enough, will the dragon disappear and the dragonballs spread out over the world again?
    Every time the dragon is summoned he is complaining that it's taking too long and basically being arrogant. Yet it hasn't happened once yet that the dragon decides to just leave. Even on Namek, Porunga waited patiently after he was revived. I mean, there was no one at his position and the planet was on the verge on destruction, yet he simply 'stood' there. And during the whole Kid Buu fight, he's waiting the whole fight as well. So is his impatience merely a 'bluff' or is he unable to leave until a wish has been made or permission has been given by the summoner?
    I don't think there is a canon answer, but based on what we've seen, it is probable that he can't leave unless either a wish is made, or until the summoner gives him permission to leave w/o using the wish, like during the Buu Saga when they used one wish, then sent Shenron away to save the second wish. I think the threats are just a bluff because he is anti-social and doesn't like people just standing around thinking about what their wish is going to be.

It could also be a warning that they might want to hurry up because he grants the first wish he hears, so he could be preventing them from getting their wish stolen. If you take too long, some pig might wander up and wish for panties, and then you are out of luck for the rest of the year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I don't think there is a canon answer, but based on what we've seen, it is probable that he can't leave unless either a wish is made, or until the summoner gives him permission to leave w/o using the wish, like during the Buu Saga when they used one wish, then sent Shenron away to save the second wish. I think the threats are just a bluff because he is anti-social and doesn't like people just standing around thinking about what their wish is going to be.

It could also be a warning that they might want to hurry up because he grants the first wish he hears, so he could be preventing them from getting their wish stolen. If you take too long, some pig might wander up and wish for panties, and then you are out of luck for the rest of the year.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I thought. Though I don't quite remember the whole save the second wish thing that well. I assume this prevented the dragonballs from turning to stones.
    Imagine if you were the one to find them within that one year and you are convinced you'll get 2 wishes and then suddenly the dragon is like "yeah, sorry, only got 1 for you. Blame the ones before you". I'd be so pissed ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    The saving the 2nd wish thing was from early Buu Saga, after Majin Vegeta attacked the crowd at the Budokai. Bulma and a bunch of the other human characters didn't know about Buu, so they gathered the Dragon Balls to wish those people back, not knowing that a lot more people were going to die soon. If you save a wish, the balls still turn to stone, and I think they also scatter, but they turn back into dragon balls after 4 months instead of the full year.

Also, I assume most people outside of the main DB group wouldn't know about there being 2 wishes, since the legends only speak about 1 wish and the second wish being added is fairly recent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but legends can change over time, right. It could technically happen once it gets more known. Then again, only a few people are aware of its existence altogether. Still a funny scenario ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Yeah but legends can change over time, right. It could technically happen once it gets more known. Then again, only a few people are aware of its existence altogether. Still a funny scenario ^^
    Well, that's unlikely, since most people wouldn't bother saving a wish I'd assume. And if they did, they aren't likely to find them again within a year, so I'd assume the wishes would reset at that time (I checked the manga, the balls do re-scatter if you save the wish).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a what-if scenario! Let me have some fun dammit!