10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    It's a what-if scenario! Let me have some fun dammit!
    As a Fun Stuff mod, I cannot allow that. Also, don't ask questions you don't want the answers for.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question was "can the dragon disappear on his own". Not "is my what-if scenario possible?
    Damn you and your mod powers!
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

10+ Year Old Account
    "What if...?" is a question, therefore what-if scenarios are questions.

/fun-blocks Turin

On another topic, TFS recently posted this.

We'd like to apologize for the delay on the latest episode. A couple of the writers have been sick on and off, as well as out of town, during the last three months. We also wanted to make sure we had Dead Zone done as our 1,000,000 Sub special, and it was extra long. Combining that with Hellsing Ultimate, our jobs, etc. we've had a lot on our plates.

That being said (shields up!) you can look forward to Episode 38 come December. Some of us are going to be out of town visiting family for Thanksgiving. You can expect a preview up by Tuesday at the latest though.

Thank you for your understanding. This project takes a lot out of us and, with our day jobs and personal lives, it's sometimes hard to focus enough time to get these out quickly. We're planning on making some big changes soon, though, to help increase our productivity.

We love you guys. Sorry for the delay.
    TL;DR - Ep 38 preview on Tuesday, new episode in December.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're right that what if scenarios are technically questions, but they are questions of which the requirements are already fulfilled.
    "What if this happens" has all the events required for it fulfilled, otherwise there would be no point to the scenario. That's why we can debate impossibilities. So even if my scenario is unlikely, by creating the scenario I make it real thus we can talk about the result of it.

I'm not going to give up on this dammit!
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Imagine if you were the one to find them within that one year and you are convinced you'll get 2 wishes and then suddenly the dragon is like "yeah, sorry, only got 1 for you. Blame the ones before you". I'd be so pissed ^^
    In this scenario, most people would probably be the same as you. They'd be angry, especially if their second wish would have made their first wish even better. Alas, they wouldn't be able to do a damn thing about it except be angry for the rest of the year.

Happy?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just think the Dragon hates people and he just wants to go back to dragon land with all the lady dragons

I mean come on his is jacked

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ll-d4y9e3u.png

I just wish they would make a decent live action Dragonball Z movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    I let Bio broly into my eyes... I will not let the live action into my eyes

I think the problem with a DBZ live action is that we'd expect it to be too much like the anime, you know? It's not like a lot of anime or video games that can be somewhat easy to turn into a movie. Well, I don't really think any anime can easily be turned into a movie. The only way they'd be able to do that is if they completely changed how everything worked, but kept the basic concept. I feel like then it'd just feel like Street Fighter meets something other sci-fi thing. Thing is, if they did that, it just wouldn't feel like DBZ, and that movie showed what trying to make it (kind of) like the anime does. Most of all I think the nostalgia of the anime would ruin a movie, too.

Maybe it is possible if a great director who was a fan of the anime had a way of making it happen, but it seems like it isn't so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    On another topic, TFS recently posted this.

TL;DR - Ep 38 preview on Tuesday, new episode in December.
    Am I missing something? Takahata does Hellsing. Kaiser does the writing and editing for DBZ. I'm not complaining in any way, but shouldn't that mean that one and the other are unrelated and not affect the time it takes for either?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

actual dub..... Gotta love it.

So, a friend asked me a random question last night and I started ranting and over the course of my rant I came to a revelation that seems so obvious now I cannot fathom why I couldn't see it before. I now believe Battle of Gods and GT are part of the same timeline. There are no inconsistencies, and in fact, Battle of Gods gives quite a bit of clarity into some events in GT.

First off, the one inconsistency that gets thrown around all the fucking time is bullshit. Pilaf and his retards wished themselves to be young before Battle of Gods, and they're old again in GT. I realized this isn't inconsistent, because they're shown to have a viable way to track Dragon Balls, explaining how they fucking found Kami's lookout in GT and they had 5-15 years to find the Dragon Balls again before GT, fuck up another wish, and wind up old again. I can already see how that conversation could have played out.

Pilaf: "At long last I shall rule the world! Now to make my wish!"
    Shu/Mai: "But sire! The only thing we wish for is to be old again! We're tired of being treated like children!"
    Troll Shenron: "Your wish has been granted"

So that removes the inconsistency. Now, for what it helps explain. I always thought it was a little insane how Goku got 2,000 times stronger from a time skip where he just trained, as demonstrated in GT where Goku fights Rildo in base form, whom, by Goku's claim, is 5 times stronger than Buu, which I take to mean Kid Buu as that was the one Goku spent the most time fighting against and it was the final form. Assuming SS3 Buu saga goku is roughly equal to Kid Buu, base form Goku being able to evenly fight with Kid Buu x5 means he needs to be 2,000x stronger. Remember in Battle of Gods where Goku went back to fighting as a Super Saiyan, but Bills stated he retained some of the power of being a god? Yeah, giant power level spike explained. This also invalidates the question of what is stronger, SSG or SS4, as Goku was technically using the power of both in GT, assuming I'm right.

Also, does no one else think it's interesting that one of the big themes mentioned in the Shadow Dragons saga multiple times is that the Earth grossly misused the Dragon Balls? In Battle of Gods we see Bulma putting them up as the grand prize for a fucking Bingo tournament. If that's not exploiting ancient power I don't know what is. Thematically it fits with GT in so many ways it almost seems planned.

And just like that, Laurcus simultaneously wins the hearts of many, blows our fucking minds, and proves the canonicity of GT, in a few short paragraphs.

You, my friend, are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ Laurcus... I think you're the one person that loves DBZ more than I do xD

10+ Year Old Account

should have happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    And just like that, Laurcus simultaneously wins the hearts of many, blows our fucking minds, and proves the canonicity of GT, in a few short paragraphs.
    Most people would be offended at having GT declared canon instead of having their hearts won over.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Most people would be offended at having GT declared canon instead of having their hearts won over.
    But how can anyone be mad at Laurcus though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm with you on this so far Laurcus. But what about Uub? He was keeping up with Goku at the beginning of GT right? How would he have gained that 2000x strength boost just training?
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    Ok I'm with you on this so far Laurcus. But what about Uub? He was keeping up with Goku at the beginning of GT right? How would he have gained that 2000x strength boost just training?
    We don't know precisely how Uub's power works. I mean, he's human, but not really, so it's hard to say how his power progresses. Also, Goku was strong. Training with a strong opponent makes you stronger faster. uub probably got more out of the training than Goku did.

Chiaotzu was my favorite character in Dragonball.