10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Heck, even worse, Bills is supposed to be the strongest character in the DB universe, this was even stated as a fact in some magazine prior to the release of BoG. So how come some random robots, androids and dragons are more powerful? It doesn't make sense. Omega Shenron is not more powerful than Bills. That goes against everything we've learned about Bills. Surely the God of Destruction would be able to take out some evil dragon that came into being from the result of just a 'simple' Namek playing with magic powers? But if GT takes place after BoG and Goku has only gotten stronger, shouldn't he be bitchslapping Omega Shenron? He was holding his own against Bills and yet he can't take on a stupid dragon? It does NOT add up.
    While I agree with most of what you said and I definitely do not believe both GT and BoG can both canon (in the same universe at least), I had to say something about this.
    This is something Dragonball does all the time. Remember when Frieza was supposed to be a galactic overlord who had no equals except for the legendary super saiyan, which wasn't even certain if it existed? Yet 3 years later, a bunch of mere human made robots come along and beat the super saiyans like it's nothing. And then we have Buu, an incredibly old villain that even the Supreme Kais fear and call it the most powerful being. Yet, in GT, we have that same stupid dragon and an improved version of an android being faaaaar stronger. Hell, even a mere underling was far more powerful than Buu.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that because it's supposed to be the strongest ever, that gets changed every arc. Other than that though, I pretty much agree with you.
    The most manly trailer ever made!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJDmP2crAlk

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they did make vegeta a SSG too... how else would he keep up with goku in GT?

Also bills was the strongest(2nd strongest actually) at the time he fought goku... it's been a while between BoG and GT... so it's perfectly possible for stronger beings to come up between the two... Omega Shenron didn't even exist when BoG took place, neither did Super 17 or Bebi...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-12-02 at 10:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like a AF.

Dragonball, Z, GT, and AF. :P
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like Laurcus' theory on this, but this one time, I gotta agree with Hardstyler01. Look, I don't hate GT, and I don't really care if it's officially canon or not, but I don't think BoG gave two fucks about keeping continuity with GT at all, and that includes the "alternate universe" theory. Despite its many flaws, I liked GT. However, after BoG happened, I no longer consider it canon until it's touched upon by the authors. Yeah, it's just one man's opinion, but the same could be said about any theories, no matter how plausible and well thought out they are. We'll see what happens if they indeed do continue what started with BoG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    While I agree with most of what you said and I definitely do not believe both GT and BoG can both canon (in the same universe at least), I had to say something about this.
    This is something Dragonball does all the time. Remember when Frieza was supposed to be a galactic overlord who had no equals except for the legendary super saiyan, which wasn't even certain if it existed? Yet 3 years later, a bunch of mere human made robots come along and beat the super saiyans like it's nothing. And then we have Buu, an incredibly old villain that even the Supreme Kais fear and call it the most powerful being. Yet, in GT, we have that same stupid dragon and an improved version of an android being faaaaar stronger. Hell, even a mere underling was far more powerful than Buu.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that because it's supposed to be the strongest ever, that gets changed every arc. Other than that though, I pretty much agree with you.
    Well, I see your point. But I think the difference is that Bills is a god and can only be damaged by god powers, which Goku had to obtain to stand a chance. He later keeps hold of part of those god powers, so unless Omega Shenron is some kind of God of Destruction from an alternate universe it doesn't add up in my opinion.

Also, Bills promises to return to fight Goku a second time. Where does that fit in if both BoG and GT are canon? If Goku does beat Bills in a second movie or new series it contradicts GT for sure. I can't see Omega Shenron being stronger than Bills.

I'm sorry, I really liked Laurcus' post about how the two fit together but I have to disagree. Goku got a lot stronger between DBZ and GT, yes. But I think that doesn't mean a whole lot, you can probably just blame the bad writing in GT. A lot of things just don't make sense in GT. And I think the red hair on Gogeta SS4 is just a happy coincidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I really like Laurcus' theory on this, but this one time, I gotta agree with Hardstyler01. Look, I don't hate GT, and I don't really care if it's officially canon or not, but I don't think BoG gave two fucks about keeping continuity with GT at all, and that includes the "alternate universe" theory. Despite its many flaws, I liked GT. However, after BoG happened, I no longer consider it canon until it's touched upon by the authors. Yeah, it's just one man's opinion, but the same could be said about any theories, no matter how plausible and well thought out they are. We'll see what happens if they indeed do continue what started with BoG.
    Yeah, that's basically my main point. The creators of BoG apparently don't seem to care about keeping GT canon. But I guess we'll just have to wait and see with a possible future movie or series.

Before I start, I may as well say: Dragonball GT is the worst thing to happen to Dragonball.
    I hate the fact that Goku can beat Perfect Cell and Frieza in hell without even trying, I hate the fact that Omega Shenron is stronger than Gohan Buu, and I hate that Gohan is as useless as always.
    Only redeeming thing about GT, is Android 18 getting her spotlight to show that she can still kick some ass.

Now, onto the discussion about BoG into GT canon.
    One simple thing: No, does not make GT canon.
    Because in the beginning of GT, Emperor Pilaf and his minions where old, while in BoG, they had wished themselves to be young.
    Now, unless the time skip between BoG and GT is about 80 years, I sincerely doubt the creators of the movie had intended GT to be canon.

BoG is in my opinion a good throwback to the Dragonball universe, and a good closure. We don't really need more from Dragonball. We don't need to see Goku or Vegeta fight to save the earth, over and over again.
    Ending on a happy premise that they all lived happily ever after, even after the God of Destruction came down to fight Goku, is a good way to end things.

Vegeta wanting to fight Goku or no, I don't think Vegeta would fall back into the trap of "Magic boosting" himself again, as he did with the Majin mark.
    I just hope they will not revive Dragonball again, because I want it to have a closure, and we got that in BoG. We don't need more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    Oh we need more, we need a lot more. Another series/saga and movies, goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I am with meowington, we need more dragonball. Nothing on TV is even close to being as entertaining Avatar is close but it just isnt DB, DBZ, DBGT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivyr View Post
    I am with meowington, we need more dragonball. Nothing on TV is even close to being as entertaining Avatar is close but it just isnt DB, DBZ, DBGT.
    I've found a few shows I liked, but nothing is as close in my heart as DB.

I agree though; the more new Dragonball we get, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowington707 View Post
    Oh we need more, we need a lot more. Another series/saga and movies, goooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    I'd rather not have more.
    The series met it's top at Frieza saga, and started to go downwards in Android and Buu saga, Buu more than anything.
    To be perfectly honest, I liked Dragonball best before we even knew what powerlevel was, when characters couldn't brush off hits to the vital points on the body due to a higher powerlevel.

Best fight that I still remember the most, was Goku VS King Piccolo, and I'd love to keep things on that level.
    Frieza VS Goku was pretty darn good as well, though that was the last fight I enjoyed reading in the manga/watched in the Anime.

The Androids, human built to top it all, made things worse for me.
    Second stage Cell was creepy sure, the way he killed folks with his tail and all, and the fight with 17 against Piccolo was good, but utterly pointless, something that was known from the start. (I refer first stage as the bug phase, second as humanoid, half perfect after 17, perfect after 18.)

Buu saga was stupid from stage 1. Gohan being held down by simple henchmen while in SS2, Vegeta accepting the Majin mark only to fight Goku. There is a lot more, but I don't want to go to into more detail.

Letting it end with the movie is fine for me. The Dragonball manga was the first manga I ever picked up on and read all way through, and I like some characters in it, underused ones like Tenshinan, Kurin and Kame Sennin and the main crew of Goku, Vegeta, Kuririn and Piccolo. (Norwegian names)

But I don't want a restart on it, because it would in the end, ruin it. GT showed that the best, that trying to put them into new situations required to much silly stuff to happen, many things unlikely, like Pilaf managing to get to Kami's place, and most of all, Goku becoming a kid to make a new challenge, and even in normal form beating Perfect Cell and Frieza, which again is bullshit.

If a new Dragonball series where to be made, then it should use new characters, no mentions of the previous ones, and a new universe to explore. You could have the Namek, Cold demons or other races from the original, just don't put them there just to remind you of Piccolo or Frieza.
    New stories should be made, new adventures should be had. Just not with the old crew. They deserve their rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    I'd rather not have more.
    The series met it's top at Frieza saga, and started to go downwards in Android and Buu saga, Buu more than anything.
    To be perfectly honest, I liked Dragonball best before we even knew what powerlevel was, when characters couldn't brush off hits to the vital points on the body due to a higher powerlevel.

Best fight that I still remember the most, was Goku VS King Piccolo, and I'd love to keep things on that level.
    Frieza VS Goku was pretty darn good as well, though that was the last fight I enjoyed reading in the manga/watched in the Anime.

The Androids, human built to top it all, made things worse for me.
    Second stage Cell was creepy sure, the way he killed folks with his tail and all, and the fight with 17 against Piccolo was good, but utterly pointless, something that was known from the start. (I refer first stage as the bug phase, second as humanoid, half perfect after 17, perfect after 18.)

Buu saga was stupid from stage 1. Gohan being held down by simple henchmen while in SS2, Vegeta accepting the Majin mark only to fight Goku. There is a lot more, but I don't want to go to into more detail.

Letting it end with the movie is fine for me. The Dragonball manga was the first manga I ever picked up on and read all way through, and I like some characters in it, underused ones like Tenshinan, Kurin and Kame Sennin and the main crew of Goku, Vegeta, Kuririn and Piccolo. (Norwegian names)

But I don't want a restart on it, because it would in the end, ruin it. GT showed that the best, that trying to put them into new situations required to much silly stuff to happen, many things unlikely, like Pilaf managing to get to Kami's place, and most of all, Goku becoming a kid to make a new challenge, and even in normal form beating Perfect Cell and Frieza, which again is bullshit.

If a new Dragonball series where to be made, then it should use new characters, no mentions of the previous ones, and a new universe to explore. You could have the Namek, Cold demons or other races from the original, just don't put them there just to remind you of Piccolo or Frieza.
    New stories should be made, new adventures should be had. Just not with the old crew. They deserve their rest.
    Then don't watch it... no1 will hold a gun to your head and force you to watch it if it comes out... why u have to take the joy out for all of us who want it continued ?

Also you haven't been paying attention to how much their powers increase between arcs have you? By the end of buu saga goku can already defeat cell in normal form so saying that it's weird that he can do it in GT is kinda retarded to say the least... heck after BoG he can prolly defeat buu in normal form...

And lol what would be the point of a Dragonball without the Dragonball crew... why even call it Dragonball anymore...

OT: After reading my weekly naruto I decided to check out some of the comments ... holy shit some narutards can be retarded... saying shit like Amaterasu is enough to defeat any1 in DBZ universe and shit like that... or that Naruto is as fast as Goku xD I had a chuckle when I read that ... some people like living in denial I guess.
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-12-04 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    OT: After reading my weekly naruto I decided to check out some of the comments ... holy shit some narutards can be retarded... saying shit like Amaterasu is enough to defeat any1 in DBZ universe and shit like that... or that Naruto is as fast as Goku xD I had a chuckle when I read that ... some people like living in denial I guess.
    Reminds me what Raikage did when Sasuke used Amaterasu against him ..... cut his own hand and didn't give a shit. Not to mention in latest chapter it is not very effective against Madara .....

So much for being enough to destroy anyone in DB universe ...... they would just do what Raikage did, and then use the Senzu Bean or ask Dende for some healing

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

comparing dbz and naruto is like comparing tomates with strawberries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Reminds me what Raikage did when Sasuke used Amaterasu against him ..... cut his own hand and didn't give a shit. Not to mention in latest chapter it is not very effective against Madara .....

So much for being enough to destroy anyone in DB universe ...... they would just do what Raikage did, and then use the Senzu Bean or ask Dende for some healing
    they don't even need to do that... it'd just be useless... Goku already put out an "eternal" flame at the end of Dragonball ... and considering how damage works in dbz he wouldn't even pe phased by amaterasu or pretty much anything from narutoverse, including genjutsu...

Then don't watch it... no1 will hold a gun to your head and force you to watch it if it comes out... why u have to take the joy out for all of us who want it continued ?

Also you haven't been paying attention to how much their powers increase between arcs have you? By the end of buu saga goku can already defeat cell in normal form so saying that it's weird that he can do it in GT is kinda retarded to say the least... heck after BoG he can prolly defeat buu in normal form...

And lol what would be the point of a Dragonball without the Dragonball crew... why even call it Dragonball anymore...

No, Goku in normal form at the end of Buu saga cannot beat Cell in perfect form.
    Cell in perfect form, was that of a SS2, as Gohan barely beat him after his return. And since Goku and Vegeta are commenting about how Gohan have lost a bit of his power from going SS2, I sincerely doubt Goku can in his normal form beat Perfect Cell.
    The jump from normal to Super Saiyan is a lot larger than you might initially think.
    At the end of Buu Saga, Goku could kill Perfect Cell on his own if he was in SS2 or SS3 easily. But normal or regular Super Saiyan, I don't think he could.

And it was initially called Dragonball because of...you guessed it...the Dragonballs. You know, those 7 things you have gather in order to make a wish?
    I seriously wouldn't mind if a new story was made from the same universe. But Jumping back to the old crew, making them do new things again just does not work.
    Continue to eat your favorite food, and it won't be your favorite anymore.
    Knowing when to save your favorite anime, instead of watching it 5 times over makes it better.

If Dragonball where to return with the same crew, continuing on from where BoG left off, we wouldn't have much of a story. Another fight with Billy in three years for Goku? Sure, that would be nice to watch.
    But what else can compete at the level of a God? And since Billy even confirmed that Whiz, the guy who was with him was even stronger than him, I sincerely doubt there is anyone left in the universe to even challenge Goku, since he absorbed a lot of the power he had when he was the SSG.
    Since Emperor Pilaf in BoG are young instead of old, it pretty much knocks the BoG > GT canon off the board, so something other than GT should happen right?

And regarding comparing two different universes to each other, it's pointless.
    The powerlevels from one thing to the other can't really explain who would win.
    Superman VS Goku for example, a argument had several times. Who would win?
    None of them, because fanboys from both sides are equally strong or dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remain to my opinion that goku at the end of DBZ(meaning after the last episode) is stronger than Cell even in his normal form...the dude trained for years in the afterlife and then got even more powerful by fighting against majin vegeta and geting beat up quite a bit, and then against buu ... it has been shown that their power levels skyrocket after recovering from serious injuries and from tough battles... heck if we take into consideration the movies too he fought immensely powerful characters after Cell... heck he fought Pikkon in the Other world tournament and the movie stated that he toyed with cell ... and he was only SS1(I think) back then...

The power gain spikes up in direct correlation to how far the story progresses... that's why in the begining you have small power spikes and by the end it's such a big spike it's silly... and why they stopped keeping track of the power levels officially... it'd take them the whole episode to just tell their power levels in the end lol(yeah I may have exaggerated a little)...

Look at the power spike between the time he fought freeza and when he comes back to earth... Future Trunks toys with freeza... goku toys with future trunks... after only 1 year of training...
    Last edited by Skorpionss; 2013-12-04 at 05:34 PM.

I remain to my opinion that goku at the end of DBZ(meaning after the last episode) is stronger than Cell even in his normal form...the dude trained for years in the afterlife and then got even more powerful by fighting against majin vegeta and geting beat up quite a bit, and then against buu ... it has been shown that their power levels skyrocket after recovering from serious injuries and from tough battles... heck if we take into consideration the movies too he fought immensely powerful characters after Cell... heck he fought Pikkon in the Other world tournament and the movie stated that he toyed with cell ... and he was only SS1(I think) back then...

The power gain spikes up in direct correlation to how far the story progresses... that's why in the begining you have small power spikes and by the end it's such a big spike it's silly... and why they stopped keeping track of the power levels officially... it'd take them the whole episode to just tell their power levels in the end lol(yeah I may have exaggerated a little)...

Look at the power spike between the time he fought freeza and when he comes back to earth... Future Trunks toys with freeza... goku toys with future trunks... after only 1 year of training...
    It's in the end just a opinion.
    Since we have no official vote for what the power levels are, it's all jibber jabber.
    But looking at it objectively, and since Goku trained as much as you said he did, which is no doubt about him doing, why couldn't he beat Vegeta in SS2 in his normal form? Since then they both where fighting at the power of Perfect Cell revived VS SS2 Gohan, maybe a bit higher.
    It's undeniably true that Goku and Vegeta are strong, but stronger than Cell in his perfect form, which is the equivalent of a SS2 while in their normal form?
    No. Not gonna happen, no matter how much of a fanboy you are of Goku.

Trunks toys with Frieza because he have mastered the Super Saiyan form. He have been a Super Saiyan for years. Of course he would trash Frieza who was weaker than a damaged Goku who JUST got into Super Saiyan.

The spikes between the arcs aren't as big as you let on. The spike between Frieza to Android saga isn't that big, as Goku and Vegeta was still mastering their forms.
    The real spikes come from the training in the Hyperbolic space champer, and Goku training in the next life, Deus ex machina made in order for the main characters to match their new foes.

Talking manga only, the Afterworld Tournament never took place, so hard to say wherever or not that's Toriyama canon or not.

1. Not necessarily true. I, personally, have watched DBZ the whole way through a solid 5-10 times. Specific clips and scenes? Tens and tens of times. I still find the scenes to give me chills and feel intense emotions as if I was watching it for the first time. If you love something enough it never gets old.
    Some people can tolerate it longer than others I guess.
    I just don't want to see a franchise further ruined because of fanboyism. That's my take on it.
    If more is made of Dragonball with the current crew, then I seriously hope the underused ones are put more into place. Spice up the story, don't make it into a Goku saves the day thing over and over again.

2. You'd have plenty of story! Bills and Whis aren't the only Gods according to them. Akira Toriyama in an interview stated that the PLs of SSJG Goku, Bills and Whis would be a "6, 10 and 15" (respectively) on a scale. They could make the other Gods slightly weaker and maybe some even stronger. Just have Goku power up and fight each one, maybe with the help of Vegeta and Gohan.
    They aren't the only gods no, but introducing God after God just to have Goku defeat them sounds stupid, and won't really bring new story, unless the Gods are using other powers than KI in order to mess with the crew, not much other than "I have to defeat the enemy" will come from it.
    Defeating Gods "Just cause" isn't a good drive for a story.

3. They wished for youth, they'd still need the balls to wish for whatever it is they want - money, power, etc. Could've easily fucked up and wished to be adults again. That or they got sick of being so young and wished to be restored to their normal age. It's definitely possible.
    Doubtful, but sure, could happen.
    Now we just need to see it actually happen, or mentioned by them in GT for flavor...oh wait...

10+ Year Old Account
    they don't even need to do that... it'd just be useless... Goku already put out an "eternal" flame at the end of Dragonball ... and considering how damage works in dbz he wouldn't even pe phased by amaterasu or pretty much anything from narutoverse, including genjutsu...
    To be honest, even if genjutsu worked, I doubt a DBZ character's body would be vulnerable to anything from Naruto. Even bloody Yamcha would probably take a point-blank Bijuudama without even flinching.

Alright, maybe I'm kinda overestimating Yamcha's power here. He probably wouldn't be hurt by it, anyway.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-12-04 at 06:33 PM.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

A few things I disagree with:

1. Cell's perfect form isn't the equivalent of a SSJ2's normal form. SSJ2 Gohan dominated Perfect Cell, and even after losing the use of his arm and his power being cut in half (which he states to Goku prior to beginning the beam struggle), still defeated Super Perfect Cell (with minor help from the Z Fighters and a distraction on Vegeta's part).

2. Trunks by no means had mastery of the SSJ form. None of them did, until Goku and Gohan managed to gain mastery over it during their time in the HTC, thereby becoming Full-powered Super Saiyans.

3. You're referring to different point of time. Goku can spar with Uub (who has all of Buu's power) in his base form at the end of DBZ (that's after the time skip). Goku and Vegeta weren't on par even when they fought; Vegeta required a Majin power up to go toe to toe with Goku in their battle, and even then, won through trickery (it's debatable who would've won; I'd have guessed it'd be a draw). We were shown few of the characters' power in the last episode, only Goku, Uub, and Pan ever really fought in that one.

4. Anything not contradicted by the manga and fits in someplace is generally taken as canon, even if it isn't well liked or what have you. Many people say the movies aren't canon because Toriyama didn't create them. There are some that fit in though, and others that don't; the Bojack movie, for example. The Bardock movies have gotten some praise by Toriyama as well.

5. That's Goku's whole thing, fighting for the sake of just 'cause. We see it all the time. We all saw it in the beginning of BotG, when Goku started freaking out at the thought of fighting Bills. Goku has always fought just because and he always will, it's part of who he is. Saving the world is just a side effect of having the pleasure of fighting powerful opponents.

6. It's very possible it could've happened. The Pilaf gang is completely incompetent, and there's quite a long time in between the end of DBZ and GT. It doesn't have to be mentioned for it to have happened. It's just a theory anyways, but it's a very possible one when you consider everything involved.

I agree that some people can be absolute fanboys. But being in the opposite side of the spectrum isn't going to solve anything any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    A few things I disagree with:

1. Cell's perfect form isn't the equivalent of a SSJ2's normal form. SSJ2 Gohan dominated Perfect Cell, and even after losing the use of his arm and his power being cut in half (which he states to Goku prior to beginning the beam struggle), still defeated Super Perfect Cell (with minor help from the Z Fighters and a distraction on Vegeta's part).
    Indeed. I believe that if Gohan hadn't been hurt defending Vegeta, he would have still wiped the floor with Cell. Not to the point of humiliation like he did before his suicide attempt, but I doubt he'd have much trouble handling him.

I agree that some people can be absolute fanboys. But being in the opposite side of the spectrum isn't going to solve anything any better.
    Word.

Cells perfect form after his revival was about the same as Gohan's SS2 form. Only reason he lost is...is well, it wouldn't be much of a story if Cell destroyed Gohan, leaving the others to deal with him, as Cell would have decimated them.
    Also, before his revival, his offsprings, the Cell Juniors messed around with the others, despite Vegeta and Trunks being in SSJ form.
    Cell was powerful, powerful enough to beat Goku while he was in SSJ, after he so called mastered it, and strong enough after his revival to rival Gohan's SSJ2 power.
    Not saying Cell would beat Goku or Vegeta after Buu saga, but saying Goku or even Vegeta could beat him in their normal forms just won't happen, as the numbers from normal to SSJ forms just do not add up.
    Going from the original power level standards, Goku was at 300k in base form. After his SSJ form, he rised up to 15m, beating Frieza's 12m 100% power.
    300k X 50 = 15m.
    So SSJ1 takes base form, and multiplies that by 50.
    Cell during his second stage was already stronger than the androids, who where again stronger than a SSJ base form. A Cell who had absorbed 17 was stronger than the androids and Piccolo, but weaker than a Super Saiyan focusing power over speed, Vegeta's form. After he absorbed Android 18, he was able to destroy Vegeta and Trunks without a problem. He was matching Goku during their fight, and messed around with Gohan until he went SSJ2. After he destroyed himself, he returned with a power equivalent of SSJ2 Gohan.
    Power up through form, SSJ is 50 times that of base form. SSJ2 is about 100-120 times that of normal form. So if someone had a power of 3m in base form, they would arrive at about 300-360m, and Cell was around that number.
    Taking power progression ONLY, even IF Goku where to face Cell again, he would not be able to beat Cell while in his base form.

2. Trunks by no means had mastery of the SSJ form. None of them did, until Goku and Gohan managed to gain mastery over it during their time in the HTC, thereby becoming Full-powered Super Saiyans.
    With mastery, I don't mean being able to use it without worrying about, like Goku and Gohan trained on doing in the Hyperbolic Space chamber, with mastery I mean being able to control it without wasting to much power.

3. You're referring to different point of time. Goku can spar with Uub (who has all of Buu's power) in his base form at the end of DBZ (that's after the time skip). Goku and Vegeta weren't on par even when they fought; Vegeta required a Majin power up to go toe to toe with Goku in their battle, and even then, won through trickery (it's debatable who would've won; I'd have guessed it'd be a draw). We were shown few of the characters' power in the last episode, only Goku, Uub, and Pan ever really fought in that one.
    Goku going with a spar with Uub really doesn't say much. Teaching him new techniques doesn't really require full power all the time.
    He was being his teacher. Doesn't mean Goku could face a fully powered Uub in his base form.

4. Anything not contradicted by the manga and fits in someplace is generally taken as canon, even if it isn't well liked or what have you. Many people say the movies aren't canon because Toriyama didn't create them. There are some that fit in though, and others that don't; the Bojack movie, for example. The Bardock movies have gotten some praise by Toriyama as well.
    True. Won't dispute much of that.

5. That's Goku's whole thing, fighting for the sake of just 'cause. We see it all the time. We all saw it in the beginning of BotG, when Goku started freaking out at the thought of fighting Bills. Goku has always fought just because and he always will, it's part of who he is. Saving the world is just a side effect of having the pleasure of fighting powerful opponents.
    Granted, but still not much of a story. "Hey guys, I heard about this strong God in this place, and I'm going to fight him just cause." doesn't make much other than a power fantasy.

6. It's very possible it could've happened. The Pilaf gang is completely incompetent, and there's quite a long time in between the end of DBZ and GT. It doesn't have to be mentioned for it to have happened. It's just a theory anyways, but it's a very possible one when you consider everything involved.
    Granted. Just hope it will never come to the screen that they actually DID do that.

True. But wanting a series to continue with no grounds to go on, and not being able to accept that it may be time to quit is something I consider to be something of the worst.
    Quitting while something is at top is not a bad thing to do.

Edit:
    The numbers I got regarding the power levels, can be found by searching for Toriyama's offical powerlevel list.
    I have the book in front of me showing the levels from the start to the end of Frieza Saga.
    Last edited by Benitora; 2013-12-04 at 07:13 PM.