Page 8 of 948 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Laurcus, I've been noticing Vegeta has brown hair, that's fairly clear in a lot of scenes. It's dark, and pretty damn close to black, but it's still brown. He also tells Trunks, or mentions it when they first meet Trunks that pure blood saiyans always have black hair. Am I just being picky? Or is Vegeta a lying scum bag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vONY...tailpage#t=36s

It's darker in Kai, but still noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernae View Post
    Hey Laurcus, I've been noticing Vegeta has brown hair, that's fairly clear in a lot of scenes. It's dark, and pretty damn close to black, but it's still brown. He also tells Trunks, or mentions it when they first meet Trunks that pure blood saiyans always have black hair. Am I just being picky? Or is Vegeta a lying scum bag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vONY...tailpage#t=36s

It's darker in Kai, but still noticeable.
    I don't recall him saying Saiyans always have black hair. I do remember him mentioning their hair not changing though. I seem to remember certain scenes from the Bardock movie, that there were several Saiyans with different colored hair as well. It's been a while though. Then again, there are a good handful of contradictions between the series, movies, and manga.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    boing noise? do u mean when cell or broly r walking?
    No its part of the music.. I will try to find an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    I don't recall him saying Saiyans always have black hair. I do remember him mentioning their hair not changing though. I seem to remember certain scenes from the Bardock movie, that there were several Saiyans with different colored hair as well. It's been a while though. Then again, there are a good handful of contradictions between the series, movies, and manga.
    I'm pretty sure it's shortly after he sees Trunks go Super Saiyan and kill Freeza and King Cold, he says something about his hair. Might be over tired and remembering something wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by sxefluff View Post
    you know what I never understood? How did trunks and goten become super sayains so easily? If you really look at it, Future Trunks being a super sayain was miracle enough given he had lost his master, all his friends, and his entire life was the product of the Android's destroying earth. So, after the defeat of Cell, somehow both boys managed to become super sayains (literally the greatest legendary killing machine of a great warrior race) before they learned to fly (well gotenks atleast, we dont know whether or not trunks learned to fly first or not)???????????????????????????????????????? Just doesn't make sense. That's literally the only complaint i see in the series.

This!
    Really made Goku and Vegeta sound like pussies. And even Gohan, since Gohan was fighting Raditz at Gotens age.*
    I was already to call it quits when they were introduced.

The cell saga is by far my favorite saga. I couldn't miss an episode when I was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernae View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's shortly after he sees Trunks go Super Saiyan and kill Freeza and King Cold, he says something about his hair. Might be over tired and remembering something wrong though.
    Well, it has been a while since I've watched either Z or Kai (or even read through the manga) so it's very possible that I've forgotten some details here and there, that included. >.<

Side note: I sooo want Dragon Ball Online to come to the US already. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    I figured his hair being brown was just an animation/drawing error.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was a huge part of my child hood.

I still look at Vegeta's character for inspiration when I need to do something that seems out of reach or impossible.

As you can probably guess Vegeta was my favorite character. He was honestly one of the few characters that had any real depth in an other wise very predictable show. He had some of the most tragic, epic and hilarious moments in the entire series. Despite the creators obvious hatred for the character, he still ended up humanizing and making the character far more believable than any of the others in my opinion.

I grew up with the English version and while some of the overall lines are incredibly cheesy in the English version, I believe the actual sound in the English version is far superior. Maybe it isn't as subtle but it's really fucking powerful and emotional, especially the transformation themes. Obviously I am a bit biased but I get goose bumps when I hear that piano playing right before Vegeta lets loose his final flash against Cell, AND I KNOW YOU DO TOO!

I really wish they would have ended the series without SSJ3 and the extended Buu Saga. I would have loved Kid Buu to be the only incarnation and Vegeta to finish the entire thing by killing himself.

Other than that good series. Has a lot of filler but oh well, what anime doesn't? Would have liked the story to be a bit less predictable and 'power' to not get way out of control like it did towards the end. More relevant characters than Goku and Gohan being shoehorned in the entire series would have made it way better. Would be awesome if they remade it with different outcomes

at 5:13 the music I was talking about starts.. they play it in a lot of episodes in dramatic parts, but its kinda funny. I was also just wondering what they would use to make the sound :P
    It happens some more later, and I think it would have played more but that video edited out most of the "slow" parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyans easily because Vegeta and Goku were transformed at the time of conception. If you search the internet long enough, you should find a picture showing this. Lets assume it is canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Trunks and Goten became Super Saiyans easily because Vegeta and Goku were transformed at the time of conception. If you search the internet long enough, you should find a picture showing this. Lets assume it is canon.
    It took me a sec to figure out what you were talking about... and I must say that this is likely the best post in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I figured his hair being brown was just an animation/drawing error.
    This is correct. Vegeta, and all pure blooded Saiyans have black hair. Vegeta does say this to Trunks after he kills Frieza. And this is not contradicted in Bardock: The Father of Goku, or any other EU/AU content.

10+ Year Old Account
    never watched dragonball z but it looks kinda interresting >.< i think i will spend a few days in the summer holidays watching a few episodes 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    never watched dragonball z but it looks kinda interresting >.< i think i will spend a few days in the summer holidays watching a few episodes 0o
    Where do you intend to start? The Dragonball franchise is quite large, and there are really two places you can enter the series from. Dragonball Z is actually the second series, it is the sequel to Dragonball. Z is generally considered to be of significantly higher quality. You don't need to watch Dragonball to understand Z, but you will be missing out on a lot of backstory.

I would recommend starting with Dragonball, but it'll be a long time before you get to the awesomeness of DBZ, as the original DB is 153 episodes. So I guess it depends on what you think you'll have the patience for. If you're feeling impatient, I say start with Z. If you don't care and know you'll stick it through for the whole thing, starting with the original is probably a more rich experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weirdest part about watching DBZ before DB is the realization that those useless guys who keep getting their butts kicked used to be badasses when they were introduced.

10+ Year Old Account
    dragon ball Z ftw =P

just think the GT is lame... i mean srsly... supersaying 4-20? O_o or so i heard atleast =P havent rly read up on the GT

also has everyone else noticed that its just super villain comes, heroes get beaten alittle, heroes train, heroes beat bad guy, new bad guy comes, heroes get beated, heroes train, heroes beat bad guy, etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    dragon ball Z ftw =P

just think the GT is lame... i mean srsly... supersaying 4-20? O_o or so i heard atleast =P havent rly read up on the GT

also has everyone else noticed that its just super villain comes, heroes get beaten alittle, heroes train, heroes beat bad guy, new bad guy comes, heroes get beated, heroes train, heroes beat bad guy, etc etc
    Well, you seem to be a little misinformed about GT. It only goes up to SS4. And GT does break from the typical Z formula a bit. In fact there's only one villain that they really do any training to beat, and even then, it's not training per se.

In my opinion, GT has three main problems. It has trouble remaining serious for more than 5 minutes at a time. That and I think the animation budget was just lower or something. Energy waves in GT get smaller, not bigger, except for the Universal Spirit Bomb. The x100 Big Bang Kamehameha Wave, while powerful, just didn't look very cool. And the music of GT was very lacking for the American audience, who was used to Bruce Faulconer's awesomeness.

I think if GT had bigger energy waves, less comedic bullshit at serious times, and better music, fan opinions of it would be very very different.

10+ Year Old Account
    what happent too the fat BOO in GT`? since in the last book off DBZ he was staying with satan =P

Just watched episode of Bardock and had my mind blown. If cannon it really connects a lot of dots.

So is Bardock his own great great great grandfather or something? I'm assuming once he finished off Lord Chilled he went to find some other saiyans. That or start the Saiyan race, but I think that's way to far fetched as he'd have no Saiyan partner. You also need more then two people to start a race.

Also in Vegeta's legend it is said that the legendary super saiyan killed himself with his own power and went crazy. At least in the english anime, but I can't see that happening to Bardock. I wonder if Bardock finds some new super tough enemy in the past and is forced to kill himself, and the planet he was on in order to take the enemy down. Hence the legend. That sacrifice part just gets left out of the legend and changed because saiyans have a reputation to keep.

Wishful thinking probably. He probably just goes crazy with power. What do you guys think?

Edit: After doing more research I noticed that the reason the saiyans leave their original homeworld to go to Planet Plant(Vegeta) is because they are chased off by the legendary super saiyan(Bardock). I'm just wondering if Bardock turned on his people out of madness because they all looked weak in his eyes, or chased them off knowing he must in order for himself to eventually be born, and therefore Goku and the end of Frieza.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-03-09 at 04:28 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune